2023 College Football Week One

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Stoops with 4 for 50 and a TD! Plus Freeman! Weird seeing OU being fair to Whites!

Would like to see Jackson Arnold get some playing time today. Gabriel will falter during the season.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
OU did have an in state RB commit. He will probably end up on Defense but I like what Venables is doing.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
OU did have an in state RB commit. He will probably end up on Defense but I like what Venables is doing.

For sure. I've never cared much for Oklahoma at any point but they have my attention now. Looks like Freeman has a receiving TD too.

Phall

Master
I watched Lachey and Ragaini drop easy touchdowns from McNamara at the end of the half. I am assuming that they are just trying to sabotage the Brian Ferentz regime by leaving points on the field.

Phall

Master
Gavin Freeman for Oklahoma!

crop

5'8 sophomore slot

woody39

Mentor
I watched Lachey and Ragaini drop easy touchdowns from McNamara at the end of the half. I am assuming that they are just trying to sabotage the Brian Ferentz regime by leaving points on the field.
Good to see a productive Iowa offense forming. Don't think they would be dropping them deliberately....probably so early on just not up to full speed game wise, hopefully lol.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Ragaini's drop was pretty inexcusable. It was a perfect over the shoulder pass.

El Gringo

Mentor
TCU takes the lead late in the 3rd over the Buffalos! They should be up by a couple touchdowns, but they’ve had multiple turnovers and bad penalties.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

Luke Lachey is still having a nice game with 7 rec. for 73 yards with the game in the 4th quarter now. Would be nice if he got 100 receiving
yards and a td would be the icing on the cake. Iowa's Offense doesn't look nearly as bad as the last few years and they should get better
as the season moves forward! Go Hawkeyes!

Rocky B

Master
Now the Stanford Cardinal are playing keep the ball away from Casey Filkins again. He has 6 rushes for 67 yards for an 11.2 YPC
so the coach and team say let's not give him any more carries. So frustrating. He could have had a monster game even after only
3 carries in the first half. So 6 carries and 1 pass thrown his way. What a slap in the face to this talented senior running back!
Filkins tapped out after his long run.....No one came in to take his spot so he he stayed in and caught a short pass, I believe. Then he took himself out....Dinged up obviously....I was wandering why Emmitt Jr, who was listed as the starter barely played.....Hopefully Filkins is ok.....

I’m watching Iowa and can’t help but flip to Colorado vs TCU.
The announcers were just slobbering over the qb for Colorado, who of course is Deon’s son......Close game.

Rocky B

Master
TCU can’t play defense.....
They just gave up a 4th and 2 for a long TD.
It’s getting late.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
the Arkansas Razorbacks may be a team to do a bit more looking into …

they’ve featured a 6-foot-4 White wideout with a reported 41-inch vertical in today’s game plan. Isaac TeSlaa is a transfer from Hillsdale College where he lit up the box score on a weekly basis. as of this posting, he has 3 catches for 66 yards and a touchdown.

here are a couple of complimentary articles on TeSlaa’s athleticism:

Isaac TeSlaa making fast adjustment to Arkansas

New Razorback receiver considered a freak athlete by national columnist

they’ve also thrown a couple balls to a 6-foot-7 freshman tight end, Luke Hasz.

finally, Hudson Clark (aka Whiteout) is still making plays in the secondary. he has a tackle for loss and an interception today.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Isaac TeSlaa reminds me so much of Matt Jones. Big, tall fast, athletic and an athlete at the top of the bell curve. Hope he
has a monster year. Stay out of trouble kid and you will be playing on Sundays someday.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Harrity had an excellent route on his TD catch for Buffalo.

Mordecai started eh, but that TD pass before halftime is big .

Also Cole Snyder has looked more than adequate for Buffalo. 5th yr QB, believe he started out at Rutgers?

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Harrity had an excellent route on his TD catch for Buffalo.

Mordecai started eh, but that TD pass before halftime is big .
Cole Snyder has completed passes to 9 different receivers in the first half for Buffalo, including 2 to Harrity (including the aforementioned score). that kind of performance against a superior opponent like Wisconsin leads me to believe he’s a guy to keep an eye on. that is impressive.

Wisconsin has their hands full in this one, only up by 4 at the break.

i haven’t seen the White tailback for Buffalo on the field, thus far …

and to be fair to Mordecai, he had a perfectly thrown ball for a walk-in touchdown flat-out-dropped by one of his upsiders at wide (non) receiver.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
No sign of the White Buffalo RB yet! I’m watch the game and even I didn’t realize Snyder was sharing the love that much! He’s had a couple of completions to TE Jake Orlando as well. If Snyder keeps up this play all season, only can boost his stock.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Wisconsin is starting to feel the pressure, i think. Buffalo is hanging around much longer than expected.

speaking of, i’m not sure what the tackle numbers are for that linebacker (Dolac?) for Buffalo, but he’s around the ball an awful lot.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Mellusi just busted an impressive 89 yarder. That outta widen the gap a bit.