2023 College Football Week One

Rocky B

Master
I watched most of Plumlee, Schrader and Rosa last night.
Missed the ASU game somehow. I’ll record and watch later when I can...
Good start for our runners. Schrader and Rosa were sharing carries but ended up being the main dudes.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
The CF 'El Classico' matchup is actually next Saturday the 9th. Iowa hosts Utah State and Iowa State hosts Northern Iowa this weekend. (these should both be very white-friendly games, too)
thank you, sir. my mistake.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Mertz went north of 300 passing. Also threw a pick and had a fumble. So more or less he was himself LOL. Be interesting to see how long his leash is, or will Jack Miller be considered?

*At least he is developing a good chemistry with Pearsall!

It's only his first game on a new team with a little different offense. Give him some time. Yes that connection to Pearsall is great for not playing together before!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
It's only his first game on a new team with a little different offense. Give him some time. Yes that connection to Pearsall is great for not playing together before!

@Bucky has lived through the Mertz regime at Wisconsin and it was always frustrating and inconsistent. I didn't see the whole game last night so I cannot speak on Mertz's total performance and what I did see was an improvement in terms of his accuracy and footwork. I'll root for him and Pearsall, at least Florida will have a decent passing game this year.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I’m happy for Pearsall and Mertz connection. Mertz was a huge let down at Wisconsin and he still thought his autographs worth hundreds. Lol

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I’m happy for Pearsall and Mertz connection. Mertz was a huge let down at Wisconsin and he still thought his autographs worth hundreds. Lol

Don't get me wrong. From where he was ranked coming out of high school he has been a big disapointment. Hoping he can right
the ship before it's too late as if he can we may see him as a backup in the NFL someday. Pearsall is gonna have a huge year and
hopefully Mertz can get his confidence and swagger back. I wouldn't pay 1 dollar for his autograph! Lmao.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Every team seems to be running the spread w/ RPO. Game has changed not for the better.

El Gringo

Mentor
Every team seems to be running the spread w/ RPO. Game has changed not for the better.

Yeah, it is boring as hell! One of these teams should hire offensive coordinator Tyler Rohel out of North Dakota State, and install a power offense. These defenses wouldn’t know what they were hit with.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Van Dyke looked competent tonight - seems like every team is throwing these short passes so far. He had a couple of nice hook ups with Restrepo. He reminds me a little of Roethlisberger so I hope he has a strong year and his draft stock trends upward. Another small sliver of positive news is that the backup QB getting the reps in this blowout is Emory Williams. Perhaps he is viewed as the starter once Van Dyke leaves.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Best game of the night was Louisville - Ga Tech. Both teams led by White QBs put on the most entertaining game of the season so far. Nice to see Haynes King land on his feet and get an opportunity to start. Maybe Rhule should have went after King instead of the Ga Tech transfer Sims.

Rocky B

Master
I’m watching Stanford.....Filkins started but has yet to get a carry. He’s returning punts, getting a lot of running back reps, without the carries.
Smith has two carrries so far...The third string guy (who isn’t the white guy we thought would be the backup) has had a carry. Mostly quota back running. Nothing to see here......I’ll keep watching in case Filkins goes off like Rosa and Schrader did last night.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I’m watching Stanford.....Filkins started but has yet to get a carry. He’s returning punts, getting a lot of running back reps, without the carries.
Smith has two carrries so far...The third string guy (who isn’t the white guy we thought would be the backup) has had a carry. Mostly quota back running. Nothing to see here......I’ll keep watching in case Filkins goes off like Rosa and Schrader did last night.

I have the game on too. It's unacceptable for your starting senior rb to have 3 carries for 10 yards at the half. Would this happen to anyone
else but our guys? One thing about most white athletes is that they are very unselfish. Well sometimes you have to demand the chance to run
the ball as it's his last year. Only chance to catch some scouts attention. Unreal and I'm just angry. Hope the 2nd half is different!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I have the game on too. It's unacceptable for your starting senior rb to have 3 carries for 10 yards at the half. Would this happen to anyone
else but our guys? One thing about most white athletes is that they are very unselfish. Well sometimes you have to demand the chance to run
the ball as it's his last year. Only chance to catch some scouts attention. Unreal and I'm just angry. Hope the 2nd half is different!

Casey Filkins breaks one for 47 yards! :flamethrower2:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Now the Stanford Cardinal are playing keep the ball away from Casey Filkins again. He has 6 rushes for 67 yards for an 11.2 YPC
so the coach and team say let's not give him any more carries. So frustrating. He could have had a monster game even after only
3 carries in the first half. So 6 carries and 1 pass thrown his way. What a slap in the face to this talented senior running back!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
McNamara with a td pass easily for Iowa. Michigan stood up playing out of their own end zone on the 1st drive

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Joe Milton showed off his cannon arm but afflete WR dropped it lol

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Stoops with 4 for 50 and a TD! Plus Freeman! Weird seeing OU being fair to Whites!