2023 College Football Week 8

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Right. The vaunted all black defense of Clemson let the Miami RB get away for an 80 TD run right up the middle. Where are all of those great black Clemson LB's?
Luckily Miami goes 3 and out. Let's see if Shipley is back in?
NOPE. Mafah back in

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Yikes horrid start for Clemson.. Shipley’s in the doghouse now. Seems like Spiller enjoys screwing with him. Power trip.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Utah QB Bryson Barnes was paying his own way as a walk-on until being put on scholarship week 1! Held down a part time job at Lowes through Spring Ball. Way to pick yourself up by the bootstraps Bryson. Maybe one day idiot coaches will look beyond skin deep when they offer scholarships.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
UNC looks like they are going to choke big time and lose to a 1-5 UVA team. Just over 2 minutes left.

Snow Plow

Mentor
Michigan TEs Loveland and Barner combining for 179 yards and 3 TDs. McCarthy basically perfect yet again.

Snow Plow

Mentor
Horrible, disgusting head shot by an MSU lineman on our future first round DE, McGregor, resulting in a personal foul and ejection.

Warhawk_46

Master
Hope they can hang on and beat Oklahoma even though the Sooners are not as bad as usual. Plumlee is a senior and UCF really
needs to make a bowl game along with Plumlee staying healthy. All of these injuries could keep him from being drafted. Nothing
would suprise me anymore.
He needs a position change if he is going to play professionally. I see him as a dynamic return man with his elite top end speed. He could also make quite a good running back or wide receiver. Think Edelman type.

Warhawk_46

Master
Clemson has fallen big time. While I want him to succeed, Klubnik has not ever looked good. I’m questioning if he has the ability.

The offensive line has been weak but Shipley also seems slower and with worse vision than the year before. Just doesn’t look nearly as good as he should. Playcalling doesn’t help either.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Clemson has fallen big time. While I want him to succeed, Klubnik has not ever looked good. I’m questioning if he has the ability.

The offensive line has been weak but Shipley also seems slower and with worse vision than the year before. Just doesn’t look nearly as good as he should. Playcalling doesn’t help either.

I agree. This whole season has been mostly a let down for Clemson. Still hoping they can pull this game out but it's a dog fight!

TwentyTwo

Master
Watching Colorado St. I haven’t seen Vann Schield play yet....
He just had a nine and a three yard run.
Yes led the Rams in rushing....90 yards on 11 carries

Utah / future NFL Safety Cole Bishop suspeneded 1st half vs USC for controversial "Targeting"...FUMBLE RECOVERY in the 2nd Half!

Props to Cody Schrader 159 yards rushing & 2 TD's!

Warhawk_46

Master
I agree. This whole season has been mostly a let down for Clemson. Still hoping they can pull this game out but it's a dog fight!
I’m sure you men here get tired of me always talking about white running backs, but I feel strongly the running back is the epitome of the tough and athletic player. And currently the narrative is whites are neither tough enough nor athletic enough to play the position. We all know that is bull****.

So the success of McCaffrey, Oulette, Borghi in the pro leagues and Shipley, Schrader and Steele and others in the college ranks is paramount.

We need them to not only succeed but dominate in order to get a chance to shine in the pros. Look how Brad Roberts was blacklisted.

Clemson, including Shipley, needs to get their act together and start playing up to their ability.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Clemson's Briningstool the lone bright spot with his second TD. 5 receptions/126 yards.
I've seen alot worse QB's than Klubnik. He's not had much time to throw most of the evening and a couple of drops, yet he's
16/26, 288 yards and 2 TD's.

Warhawk_46

Master
I've seen alot worse QB's than Klubnik. He's not had much time to throw most of the evening and a couple of drops, yet he's
16/26, 288 yards and 2 TD's.
True, he hasn’t been horrible but just doesn’t seem to command the offense well. He gets yardage in chunk plays but lacks consistency. Too many stalled drives.

Of course, doesn’t help with the poor blocking (run and pass) and play calling leaves much to be desired.

I’m hoping next year he and Shipley can become a dynamic duo as this year has been less than stellar for the team.

jacque

Guru
I hate to be this guy, I still root for Schrader, but he looks mixed with at least Hispanic to me. None of his family looks Angelo. Maybe they’re just Italians or something…

I LOVE Schrader, I’ve seen his interviews, I love who he is and how he plays. He has an interview on how much he loves his family and how carrying the name Schrader is an honor, and I’d run through a brick wall for the guy. Just a comment.

TwentyTwo

Master
Carson Steele 2 TD runs in the 1st Qtr! "Get the ball to him good things will happen" announcer
Ethan Garbers gets the start at QB

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Utah beats USC again! Bryson Barnes 26yard scramble late set up the kicker for a walk in the park game winner!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Carson Steele 2 TD runs in the 1st Qtr! "Get the ball to him good things will happen" announcer
Ethan Garbers gets the start at QB
Beast! It seems UCLA has no other choice than to feed Steele. Their passing game isn’t there, so it’d wise to lean on run game. Also good news Garbers got the start!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Clemson chokes....
To be fair at least Klubnik had over 300 yards passing. The big receiving game but the oline and Will Shipley need to play better. He
does not look explosive. I agree with some other posters. Sad to see but Miami is a tough team and they were on the road.

Carson Steele is just the best running back I've seen in a long time. He can do it all. The kid did it at Ball St. with no qb and again at
UCLA with no qb. They know he is the only weapon yet he is so good he still gets his yards regardless. He has moved above Shipley
without a doubt and I think Schrader is at least equal overall. Hope Shipley can get it going as Clemson needs him bad!