2023 College Football Week 7

Snow Plow

Guru
Made it look easy here:

F8csqdxXgAAjsa-
That is one excellent photo.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
JJ McCarthy with a 77% completion percentage and is first in the nation in QBR. He looking like an easy first rounder if he leaves early. He’s 6-3 and can also run with the best of them.

I like McCarthy, think he is really good but I would argue staying for a 3rd season as a starter would be a good idea as he isn't as polished yet. Michigan runs a pro style offense and its a bit limited in what he is asked to do within it. If Michigan were to win a national championship this year I could understand him declaring but coming back and maybe getting a little more freedom in running the Michigan offense next year certainly wouldn't hurt.

Over the years of following the draft I think that Bill Parcell's rules hold some weight when drafting QBs:

• be a three year starter.
  • be a senior & graduate from college.
  • start at least 30 games and win at least 23.
  • 2-1 td/int ratio.
  • at least 60% completion percentage.
The 60% completion percentage is a little dated now since the spread offense has given way to inflated/misleading completion percentages so probably 65% in college would be acceptable. He's started more than 20 games so far, his Win/Loss is 21-1. Additionally with the media and fans always attacking White QBs getting as much preparation in college with less pressure in an ideal situation and NIL money wouldn't be the worst way to live as a senior in college

Just my thoughts on it.

Snow Plow

Guru
I like McCarthy, think he is really good but I would argue staying for a 3rd season as a starter would be a good idea as he isn't as polished yet. Michigan runs a pro style offense and its a bit limited in what he is asked to do within it. If Michigan were to win a national championship this year I could understand him declaring but coming back and maybe getting a little more freedom in running the Michigan offense next year certainly wouldn't hurt.

Over the years of following the draft I think that Bill Parcell's rules hold some weight when drafting QBs:

• be a three year starter.
  • be a senior & graduate from college.
  • start at least 30 games and win at least 23.
  • 2-1 td/int ratio.
  • at least 60% completion percentage.
The 60% completion percentage is a little dated now since the spread offense has given way to inflated/misleading completion percentages so probably 65% in college would be acceptable. He's started more than 20 games so far, his Win/Loss is 21-1. Additionally with the media and fans always attacking White QBs getting as much preparation in college with less pressure in an ideal situation and NIL money wouldn't be the worst way to live as a senior in college

Just my thoughts on it.
I think that wouldn’t hurt at all. He has a little bit of the Zach Wilson. too young for prime time, look in him and could use the physical maturity of another year. He would miss a lot of the O-Line like fellow lunch bucket guys such as Keegan. Zinter, Nugent, and Barnhart, who are all GR or SR this season. He seems like a great kid and deserves his success, so I’m hoping it works out for him.

Phall

Master
Michigan fans were furious that a Detroit kid picked UCLA over Michigan but I wonder how hard Harbaugh really recruited him.
Not aware of any connection Collin Schlee has to Detroit, and also never heard of him considering Michigan. JJ McCarthy surely had the job locked up - his competition (Cade McNamara) transferred out.

Schlee plays understudy to Dante Moore, who went to high school in Detroit after growing up in Ohio. Is that who you mean? I think that Moore was committed to Michigan for a time, then switched to Oregon, then finally "decided" on UCLA, as they'd obviously made the heftiest offer with some weird combination of guaranteed playing time (thanks Chip Kelly for making a relatively very white-friendly roster play **** football).

"Some" fans are always furious about something, myself included. I try my best to not lump them all in together, tempting as it may be. Dante Moore was Michigan's #1 priority for many months, but playing time (and money) eventually won the argument.

Quarterbacks are probably the most fickle and most transient of any position, holding no loyalty to their home states as compared to any other position player. It seems very obvious to me, although it might not be "obvious" to others or even true, conscious, or intentional, that Chip Kelly thinks that 2025 Dante Moore will give him the best chance at ULTIMATE GLORY. He's not coaching his team for this season, but for two or three seasons down the road. Depressing if you subscribe to that theory... and funny in its irony that Dante could transfer to USC next year once Caleb Williams leaves if he thinks that's even just slightly better for his profile.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Lol cheers brother. Hope you brought plenty of pocket change for concession stand food and exchanged pleasant banter with the gentlemen next to you at the urinal stalls.
The tailgating was fun!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I’m glad Mertz is having an amazing season in a system that fits him. I was always puzzled why a QB that had never taken a snap under center in HS, would choose Wisconsin? Funny because Now Wisconsin’s version of the “Air Raid” is dogshit and will go down as an epic failure, that will set the program back for years.

Any opinions on Fickell, Longo, and Tressel? Lol I have a few.

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Good to see the magical quotas struggle today. I haven’t watched much other football besides the mind numbing debacle of a game I attended.

Currently watching Idaho vs Montana. Plenty of honkeys everywhere flying around. But both teams start black quarterbacks, an epidemic even in rural NW.

Snow Plow

Guru
Not aware of any connection Collin Schlee has to Detroit, and also never heard of him considering Michigan. JJ McCarthy surely had the job locked up - his competition (Cade McNamara) transferred out.

Schlee plays understudy to Dante Moore, who went to high school in Detroit after growing up in Ohio. Is that who you mean? I think that Moore was committed to Michigan for a time, then switched to Oregon, then finally "decided" on UCLA, as they'd obviously made the heftiest offer with some weird combination of guaranteed playing time (thanks Chip Kelly for making a relatively very white-friendly roster play **** football).

"Some" fans are always furious about something, myself included. I try my best to not lump them all in together, tempting as it may be. Dante Moore was Michigan's #1 priority for many months, but playing time (and money) eventually won the argument.

Quarterbacks are probably the most fickle and most transient of any position, holding no loyalty to their home states as compared to any other position player. It seems very obvious to me, although it might not be "obvious" to others or even true, conscious, or intentional, that Chip Kelly thinks that 2025 Dante Moore will give him the best chance at ULTIMATE GLORY. He's not coaching his team for this season, but for two or three seasons down the road. Depressing if you subscribe to that theory... and funny in its irony that Dante could transfer to USC next year once Caleb Williams leaves if he thinks that's even just slightly better for his profile.
Yes, sorry, I meant Dante Moore. I would say the majority of fans willing to comment publicly saw this as a huge miss for Harbaugh, which happened to be right after CJ Carr chose ND. It’s just what I saw in my limited social media viewing. But, based on Harbaugh’s success and Moore’s lack there of, I wonder if Jimmy was really that disappointed.

TwentyTwo

Master
Watching some Colorado St (Vann Scheild) vs Boise St (Tyler Crowe limited carries) now...Maddux Madsen looks like the new QB
EDIT **** Down 30 -10...Rams SCORE 3 TD's in final 5 minutes!! 2 On Side Kicks + Hail mary bomb deflected TD to TE Dallin Holker!

Idaho WR Hayden Hatten make catch of that game too,,,,*finished 11 rec 139 yards 2 TDs
Agreed Bucky!

Will be sure to EDIT their Stats when games are done

Some Week 7 Stats

FIVE WR's went over 100+ Yards

RB's Will Shipley and Cam Skattebo had both BYE WEEKS

RB's
Carson STEELE (UCLA) 22 carries 110 YARDS Rushing & TD!
Alex Tecza (Navy) 6 carries 75 yards TD
Cody Schrader (Mizzou) 20 carries 71 yards TD + 3 rec 15 yards
Cash Jones (UGA) 3 carries 65 yards + 1 rec 5 yards
Owen Burk (Air Force) 4 carries 62 yards TD
Vann Scheild (Colorado St) 15 carries 51 yards TD
Samson Evans (E Mich) 13 carries 47 yards 2 TDs
Ethan Payne (Marshall) 4 carries 46 yards + 2 rec 20 yards
Sam Scott (Wyoming) 14 carries 43 yards + 3 rec 43 yards
Gavin Garcia (Kent St) 8 carries 37 yards
Dylan Paine (Wazzu) 3 carries 23 yards
Tyler Crowe (Boise St) 7 carries 22 yards + 1 rec 4 yards
Aidan Laughery (Illinois) 7 carries 18 yards + 1 rec 12 yards
Landon Sims (Hawai'i) 6 carries 10 yards TD + 1 rec 7 yards
Casey Filkins (Stanford) 2 carries 9 yards
Tate Carney (WF) 1 carry 8 yards

WR's
Ricky PEARSALL (Florida) 10 RECEPTIONS 166 YARDS & Game Winning TD!
Joey Hobert (Texas St) 10 Rec 110 Yards 2 TDs!
John Paul Richardson (TCU ) 6 rec 104 Yards TD!
Holden Willis (Mid Tenn) 4 rec 103 Yards TD!
Coy Eakin (Texas Tech) 5 Rec 102 Yards!....Red Raider where you at??
Xavier Restrepo (Miami FL) 11 Rec 96 Yards 2 TDs
Taylor Morin (Wake Forest) 7 rec 86 yards
Tanner Knue (E Mich) 5 rec 85 yards TD
Christian Dremel (Rutgers) 6 rec 80 yards
Cade McDonald (Miami OH) 6 rec 78 yards
Stephen Gosnell (VaTech) 6 rec 75 yards
Sean Atkins (So.Fla) 7 rec 71 yards + 1 carry -minus 3 yards + 27 yards passing
Luke Floriea (Kent St) 3 rc 63 yards 2 TDs
Chase Roberts (BYU) 3 rec 63 yards TD //// Parker Kingston 2 rec 49 yards
Austin Osborne (Bowling Green) 3 rec 59 yards
Hudson Clement (WV) 2 rec 59 yards TD!
Ladd McConkey (UGA) 4 rec 58 yards
Joesph Manjack (Houston) 4 rec 55 yards TD
London Humphreys (Vanderbilt) 2 rec 51 yards TD
Logan Loya (UCLA) 5 rec 48 yards TD
Sam Wiglusz (Ohio U) 4 rec 37 yards

TE's
Mason Fairchild (Kansas) 5 rec 95 yards 2 TD's
Jack Velling (Oregon St) 3 rec 83 yards 2 TDs
Dallin Holker (Colo St) 7 rec 85 Yards ....Game Winning TD as TIME EXPIRES!
Colston Loveland (Michigan) 3 rec 80 yards
Ben Sinnott (K St) 6 rec 72 yards
Kole Taylor (WV) 5 rec 62 yards TD
Cade Stover (Ohio St) 4 rec 53 yards 2 TDs
Terrance Ferguson (Oregon) 5 rec 50 yards
Brock Bowers (UGA) 4 rec 22 yards + 2 carries 21 yards...injured ankle 2nd Qtr

QBs
Josh HOOVER (TCU) 439 YARDS PASSING 4 TDs!!
Brayden Schager (Hawai'i) 427 Yards 3 TD's
Graham Mertz (Florida) 423 Yards! 3 TDs
Garrett Greene (WV) 391 Yards Passing 2 TDs + 47 yards rushing 2 TDs
Tyler Van Dyke (Miami FL) 391 yards 4 TDs
Grayson McCall (Coastal Carolina) 373 yards 2 TDs
Cooper Legas (Utah St) 363 yards 3 TDs + 43 yards
Brayden Fowler-Nicolosi (Colo St) 359 Yards 3 TDs
Jack Plummer (Louisville) 350 yards TD
Bo Nix (Oregon) 337 yards 2 TDs
Alan Bowman (Ok St) 336 yards 2 TDs
Seth Henigan (Memphis) 321 yards 3 TDs
Diego Pavia (NM St) 286 yards 2 TDs + 115 Yards RUSHING & TD!
Kyle McCord (Ohio St) 276 yards 3 TDs
Drake Maye (UNC) 273 yards 4 TDs

FCS
RB's
Gavin Ziebarth (No.Dakota) 18 carries 156 Yards RUSHING & 3 TDs vs. North Dakota State Bison!
Hunter Rice (VMI) 18 carries 111 yards & 2 TDs!
Dylan Laube (NH) 19 carries 85 Yards TD + 3 rec 37 yards

WR's
Paxton Scott (Dartmouth) 10 Rec 185 yards!
Mark Mahoney (Brown) 8 - 146 TD //// Wes Rockett 6 - 68
Hayden Hatten (Idaho) 11 REC 139 Yards 2 TDs
Max Tomczak (Youngstown St) 6 rec 134 yards 2 TDs
Nick Degennaro (Richmond) 6 rec 132 yards 2 TDs
Carter Bell (SoDakota) 5 rec 131 yards TD
Christian Fredrickson (Idaho St) 7 rec 119 yards
Coleman Owen (No Ariz) 5 rec 104 yards TD //// Hendrix Johnson 4 - 87
Sam Schnee (No.Iowa) 4 rec 104 yards

QBs
Luke Bailey (Drake) 411 Yards PASSING 5 TDs!
Reece Poffenbarger (Albany U) 373 Yards Passing 4 TDs
Mike Diliello (Austin Peay) 372 yards 2 TDs
Jake Wilcox (Brown) 370 yards 3 TDs
Max Broshner (NH) 342 Yards 3 TD's + TD Rushing
Zach Calzada (UIW) 300 yards 2 TDs

Last edited:

woody39

Mentor
Watching some Colorado St (Vann Scheild) vs Boise St (Tyler Crowe limited carries) now...Maddux Madsen looks like the new QB
EDIT **** Down 30 -10...Rams SCORE 3 TD's in final 5 minutes!! 2 On Side Kicks + Hail mary bomb deflected TD to TE Dallin Holker!

Idaho WR Hayden Hatten make catch of that game too,,,,*finished 11 rec 139 yards 2 TDs
Agreed Bucky!

Will be sure to EDIT their Stats when games are done

Some Week 7 Stats

FIVE WR's went over 100+ Yards

RB's Will Shipley and Cam Skattebo had both BYE WEEKS

RB's
Carson STEELE (UCLA) 22 carries 110 YARDS Rushing & TD!
Alex Tecza (Navy) 6 carries 75 yards TD
Cody Schrader (Mizzou) 20 carries 71 yards TD + 3 rec 15 yards
Cash Jones (UGA) 3 carries 65 yards + 1 rec 5 yards
Owen Burk (Air Force) 4 carries 62 yards TD
Vann Scheild (Colorado St) 15 carries 51 yards TD
Samson Evans (E Mich) 13 carries 47 yards 2 TDs
Ethan Payne (Marshall) 4 carries 46 yards + 2 rec 20 yards
Sam Scott (Wyoming) 14 carries 43 yards + 3 rec 43 yards
Gavin Garcia (Kent St) 8 carries 37 yards
Dylan Paine (Wazzu) 3 carries 23 yards
Tyler Crowe (Boise St) 7 carries 22 yards + 1 rec 4 yards
Aidan Laughery (Illinois) 7 carries 18 yards + 1 rec 12 yards
Landon Sims (Hawai'i) 6 carries 10 yards TD + 1 rec 7 yards
Casey Filkins (Stanford) 2 carries 9 yards
Tate Carney (WF) 1 carry 8 yards

WR's
Ricky Pearsall (Florida) 10 RECEPTIONS 166 YARDS & Game Winning TD!
Joey Hobert (Texas St) 10 Rec 110 Yards 2 TDs!
John Paul Richardson (TCU ) 6 rec 104 Yards TD!
Holden Willis (Mid Tenn) 4 rec 103 Yards TD!
Coy Eakin (Texas Tech) 5 Rec 102 Yards!....Red Raider where you at??
Xavier Restrepo (Miami FL) 11 Rec 96 Yards 2 TDs
Taylor Morin (Wake Forest) 7 rec 86 yards
Tanner Knue (E Mich) 5 rec 85 yards TD
Christian Dremel (Rutgers) 6 rec 80 yards
Cade McDonald (Miami OH) 6 rec 78 yards
Stephen Gosnell (VaTech) 6 rec 75 yards
Sean Atkins (So.Fla) 7 rec 71 yards + 1 carry -minus 3 yards + 27 yards passing
Luke Floriea (Kent St) 3 rc 63 yards 2 TDs
Chase Roberts (BYU) 3 rec 63 yards TD //// Parker Kingston 2 rec 49 yards
Austin Osborne (Bowling Green) 3 rec 59 yards
Hudson Clement (WV) 2 rec 59 yards TD!
Ladd McConkey (UGA) 4 rec 58 yards
Joesph Manjack (Houston) 4 rec 55 yards TD
London Humphreys (Vanderbilt) 2 rec 51 yards TD
Logan Loya (UCLA) 5 rec 48 yards TD
Sam Wiglusz (Ohio U) 4 rec 37 yards

TE's
Mason Fairchild (Kansas) 5 rec 95 yards 2 TD's
Jack Velling (Oregon St) 3 rec 83 yards 2 TDs
Dallin Holker (Colo St) 7 rec 85 Yards ....Game Winning TD as TIME EXPIRES!
Colston Loveland (Michigan) 3 rec 80 yards
Ben Sinnott (K St) 6 rec 72 yards
Kole Taylor (WV) 5 rec 62 yards TD
Cade Stover (Ohio St) 4 rec 53 yards 2 TDs
Terrance Ferguson (Oregon) 5 rec 50 yards
Brock Bowers (UGA) 4 rec 22 yards + 2 carries 21 yards...injured ankle 2nd Qtr

QBs
Josh HOOVER (TCU) 439 YARDS PASSING 4 TDs!!
Brayden Schager (Hawai'i) 427 Yards 3 TD's
Graham Mertz (Florida) 423 Yards! 3 TDs
Garrett Greene (WV) 391 Yards Passing 2 TDs + 47 yards rushing 2 TDs
Tyler Van Dyke (Miami FL) 391 yards 4 TDs
Grayson McCall (Coastal Carolina) 373 yards 2 TDs
Cooper Legas (Utah St) 363 yards 3 TDs + 43 yards
Brayden Fowler-Nicolosi (Colo St) 359 Yards 3 TDs
Jack Plummer (Louisville) 350 yards TD
Bo Nix (Oregon) 337 yards 2 TDs
Alan Bowman (Ok St) 336 yards 2 TDs
Seth Henigan (Memphis) 321 yards 3 TDs
Diego Pavia (NM St) 286 yards 2 TDs + 115 Yards RUSHING & TD!
Kyle McCord (Ohio St) 276 yards 3 TDs
Drake Maye (UNC) 273 yards 4 TDs

FCS
RB's
Gavin Ziebarth (No.Dakota) 18 carries 156 Yards RUSHING & 3 TDs vs. North Dakota State Bison!
Hunter Rice (VMI) 18 carries 111 yards & 2 TDs!
Dylan Laube (NH) 19 carries 85 Yards TD + 3 rec 37 yards

WR's
Paxton Scott (Dartmouth) 10 Rec 185 yards!
Mark Mahoney (Brown) 8 - 146 TD //// Wes Rockett 6 - 68
Hayden Hatten (Idaho) 11 REC 139 Yards 2 TDs
Max Tomczak (Youngstown St) 6 rec 134 yards 2 TDs
Nick Degennaro (Richmond) 6 rec 132 yards 2 TDs
Carter Bell (SoDakota) 5 rec 131 yards TD
Christian Fredrickson (Idaho St) 7 rec 119 yards
Coleman Owen (No Ariz) 5 rec 104 yards TD //// Hendrix Johnson 4 - 87
Sam Schnee (No.Iowa) 4 rec 104 yards

QBs
Luke Bailey (Drake) 411 Yards PASSING 5 TDs!
Reece Poffenbarger (Albany U) 373 Yards Passing 4 TDs
Mike Diliello (Austin Peay) 372 yards 2 TDs
Jake Wilcox (Brown) 370 yards 3 TDs
Max Broshner (NH) 342 Yards 3 TD's + TD Rushing
Zach Calzada (UIW) 300 yards 2 TDs
Thank you for all your hard work with this :)

backrow

Hall of Famer
Well just my luck, was watching both games until I had to leave and both Shrader and Steele exploded right after! Good stuff

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I think that wouldn’t hurt at all. He has a little bit of the Zach Wilson. too young for prime time, look in him and could use the physical maturity of another year. He would miss a lot of the O-Line like fellow lunch bucket guys such as Keegan. Zinter, Nugent, and Barnhart, who are all GR or SR this season. He seems like a great kid and deserves his success, so I’m hoping it works out for him.

Good call on the o-line likely moving on after this year. With all the sumos in the league and poor offensive line play being endemic one would think that those offensive linemen would be moving up draft boards. A smart team could probably draft most of the Michigan o-line if they had enough picks. We all know they will be downgraded because they are White due to idiotic evaluation process for the draft.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I’m glad Mertz is having an amazing season in a system that fits him. I was always puzzled why a QB that had never taken a snap under center in HS, would choose Wisconsin? Funny because Now Wisconsin’s version of the “Air Raid” is dogshit and will go down as an epic failure, that will set the program back for years.

Any opinions on Fickell, Longo, and Tressel? Lol I have a few.

Should have kept Jim Leonhard! How did Braedyn Locke look? He looked ok to me as a true freshman. I was surprised they didn't go with the savior black quarterback.

jphoss

Mentor
USC blown out!
Watching usc and caleb williams get embarrassed like that was glorious! JD Bertrand had a great game as did Hack Kiser, Riley Mills was a beast along the d-line. Would like to see ND take the chains off Hartman and throw deep more but can’t complain too much after destroying usc like that

jphoss

Mentor
Penix with his “hu

Yeah good call LF there is very little chance Penix will succeed in the nfl despite his “huge hands” he throws side arm and has had several batted down passes this game.
His throwing motion reminds me of Vince Young’s. He is taking advantage of being in a great qb system but won’t be anything special in the nfl. And the weird homoerotic statements commentators make about black athletes needs to stop. I can’t get though one game without listening to some commentator making these gay comments

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Should have kept Jim Leonhard! How did Braedyn Locke look? He looked ok to me as a true freshman. I was surprised they didn't go with the savior black quarterback.
The consensus among the crowd was shoulda kept Jim! Tough defense for Locke to debut against, but his arm had some pop to it. More so than Mordecai. The Wisconsin route tree for receivers and TEs is limited.