2023 College Football Week 6

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Mizzou has the lead and the ball in the fourth quarter and doesnt run with Schrader? Idiots..
only 13 carries for Schrader with him averaging over 8 yards-per-carry in a close game and your defense playing lousy? wow. talk about a great strategy to lose …

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
how many defensive blacks does Clemson have that have the “one drop rule” in their favor so that they’re allowed to play? at least two (#10 is the starting corner and #20) are getting a lot of reps despite looking White while in uniform …

meanwhile Wake Forest misses a WIDE open Tate Carney doing jumping jacks in the end zone. instead they come up scoreless..

Rocky B

Master
Not much going on Clemson/Wake Forest wise.
Tate Carney sighting.....
Let’s get Shipley involved!

Rocky B

Master
The Iowa game is on Peacock. Ugghhh

I noticed in the box score Cooper DeJean had a pick and 41 yard return.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Iowa game is on Peacock. Ugghhh

I noticed in the box score Cooper DeJean had a pick and 41 yard return.

Nice to see DeJean have another INT! DL's Logan Lee and Joe Evans with sacks.

Bench Deacon Hill and Free Joe Labas!!!!

Rocky B

Master
Can’t get the PAC 12 network either, but I see Steele is 18-90 in the first half......The kid’s getting some carries!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Not much going on Clemson/Wake Forest wise.
Tate Carney sighting.....
Let’s get Shipley involved!
apparently Shipley is contractually prohibited from running any misdirection or outside-the-tackle plays. only dives off guard or delayed handoffs for him thus far.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Not watching the Clemson Game but with 10 minutes to go in the 1st half Shipley only has 2 carries for 4 yards. What is going on?

TwentyTwo

Master
Texas State WR Joey Hobert 5 catches 109 yards at HALFTIME

Yes sir Rocky B! Carson Steele 18 carries 90 yards near HALFTIME!!

QB Max Johnson TD pass to lil' Bro TE Jake Johnson!

Cody Schrader 13 carries 114 yards 3 TD's! + 2 rec 11 yards
Brady Cook 411 yards passing!

Last edited:

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Not watching the Clemson Game but with 10 minutes to go in the 1st half Shipley only has 2 carries for 4 yards. What is going on?
Klubnik hasn’t looked sharp at all, and thus the offense has mostly looked offensive.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Oklahoma boasted three impact White defenders and Herbie through out plenty of racial stereotypes and clichés when talking about LB Danny Stutsman. Stutsman might be the best LB in the country. I was hoping Texas would win due to having Ewers under center but he made 3 costly turnovers in the 1st half that hurt them. The dumb play calls with the giant sumos that did not block anyone when they were at the 1 yard line and tried 4 times didn't help either.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Can’t get the PAC 12 network either, but I see Steele is 18-90 in the first half......The kid’s getting some carries!
UCLA ends the half with a 90 something yard pick 6. Both quotas stinking it up.

I do however like how UCLA is lead by Steele and then their top 3 receiver today are also overachievers. Hudson Habermehl (TE), Carson Ryan (RB?) and Logan Loya (WR).

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Oklahoma boasted three impact White defenders and Herbie through out plenty of racial stereotypes and clichés when talking about LB Danny Stutsman. Stutsman might be the best LB in the country. I was hoping Texas would win due to having Ewers under center but he made 3 costly turnovers in the 1st half that hurt them. The dumb play calls with the giant sumos that did not block anyone when they were at the 1 yard line and tried 4 times didn't help either.
I’m glad Texas lost. Other than Ewers there’s not much. Oklahoma is going in the right direction under Venables. They have more impact White players, especially on defense. The Hawaiian QB doesn’t offend me too much as he looks pretty competent most weeks.

jphoss

Mentor
Drake Maye putting on a clinic unc 24-0 in first half! Can’t wait to see who the nfl team is that takes Caleb Williams over him

jphoss

Mentor
I’m glad Texas lost. Other than Ewers there’s not much. Oklahoma is going in the right direction under Venables. They have more impact White players, especially on defense. The Hawaiian QB doesn’t offend me too much as he looks pretty competent most weeks.
He won me over publicly praising God in the post game interview and I didn’t know this but apparently he makes the sign of the cross before every offensive series.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

I do however like how UCLA is lead by Steele and then their top 3 receiver today are also overachievers. Hudson Habermehl (TE), Carson Ryan (RB?) and Logan Loya (WR).

Impossible! Those black QB led offenses are revolutionizing the game!!!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Klubnik hasn’t looked sharp at all, and thus the offense has mostly looked offensive.
i should add that his Upside Americans at wideout have dropped several balls, as well. all in all, they don’t seem to have an identity that their offense is built around. it’s as if they don’t want Shipley to be “the man,” and are scrambling to find anyone else to be the guy they feature.

edited to add: and now one of them muffs a punt. ouch.

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
i should add that his Upside Americans at wideout have dropped several balls, as well. all in all, they don’t seem to have an identity that their offense is built around. it’s as if they don’t want Shipley to be “the man,” and are scrambling to find anyone else to be the guy they feature.

LOL Upside Americans :sisi1

Warhawk_46

Master
Haarburg would definitely make a good tailback but it looks like he is entrenched as the starting QB after last nights win!

Too tall for tailback.
Mizzou loses a heart breaker. So many mistakes in the 4th quarter against a talented LSU Team. What a damn shame as they had every
chance to win this game. There goes their undefeated season.

Switched over to the UCLA Game. Carson "Man of Steele" is off to a great start. He has 8 rushes for 40 yards and he has been doing it the
hard way. The young magical qb looks uneasy so far and already has an interception. The offensive line hasn't played good so believe me
when I say Carson Steele is doing this mostly by himself. He is getting hit in the backfield alot but is just so explosive and strong that he
will not be denied. The 2nd quarter is about to start with Wash. St. up 3-0.
He remains a man amongst boys.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Drake Maye putting on a clinic unc 24-0 in first half! Can’t wait to see who the nfl team is that takes Caleb Williams over him
Nice! Rooting for Maye to have a strong second half of the season statistically. He's been forgotten by the sports media despite carrying his team to a 4-0 record to this point. No prolific offensive system backing him - it's his talent and ability.

Warhawk_46

Master
apparently Shipley is contractually prohibited from running any misdirection or outside-the-tackle plays. only dives off guard or delayed handoffs for him thus far.
It’s beyond frustrating to watch. Clemson has regressed big-time from last year (and last year regressed from the year before).

The offensive line is constantly getting pushed around. The playcalling is abysmal. Shipley finding it difficult to get ANYTHING going the last few weeks.

Kubnick looks like he is not ready for prime time yet.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Too tall for tailback.

He remains a man amongst boys.

Agreed on Haarberg. He needs to clean up his passing mechanics but has been a nice surprise so far. He has another 3 seasons to improve and has the athletic ability and size to turn into a very good QB. Seeing him run give me flashbacks of Eric Crouch.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

Agreed on Venables. Texas did have Ethan Burke, Jett Bush and S Michael Taaffe out on the field albeit for not as many snaps as Stutsman, Downs and Kanak. Gunnar Helm also got involved on offense.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
nice couple of runs by Shipley to start the second half. the Clemson offense looks like Dabo got their attention at intermission. LOL

jacque

Guru

Carson Ryan is more of a H back, but he does play true Rb, FB, and TE. He’s 6’4” 255