2023 College Football Week 6

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Already at the halfway point for college football.

2 games tonight:

Jacksonville St vs Mid Tennessee - Logan Smothers has been a nice surprise for Jacksonville state winning the QB battle (I'd say he has a very outside shot at 1k yards rushing if he has a few big games). Middle Tennessee boasts two outstanding wide receivers in Holden Willis and Justin Olson. Let's hope the QB Nick Vattiato has a better showing than last week vs Western Kentucky

FIU vs New Mexico St - FIU is essentially an HBCU team in it's composition. NMSU QB Diego Pavia is a solid dual threat.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Pavia having a much improved season.

Hoping the Blue Raider WRs do well.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Bitchrod replaced Smothers with the quota. MTSU Raiders go on a run! Olson with 4 receptions for 82 yards and it's the 2nd quarter!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Already at the halfway point for college football.

2 games tonight:

Jacksonville St vs Mid Tennessee - Logan Smothers has been a nice surprise for Jacksonville state winning the QB battle (I'd say he has a very outside shot at 1k yards rushing if he has a few big games). Middle Tennessee boasts two outstanding wide receivers in Holden Willis and Justin Olson. Let's hope the QB Nick Vattiato has a better showing than last week vs Western Kentucky

FIU vs New Mexico St - FIU is essentially an HBCU team in it's composition. NMSU QB Diego Pavia is a solid dual threat.

I can't believe the season is half over. I live for college football and prefer it to the nfl overall. We just get to see alot more of our men playing on both sides of the ball. It would be cool if college could add 1 or games to the season. Probably won't happen with school work, exams, bowl games, etc.

TwentyTwo

Master
I can't believe the season is half over. I live for college football and prefer it to the nfl overall. We just get to see alot more of our men playing on both sides of the ball. It would be cool if college could add 1 or games to the season. Probably won't happen with school work, exams, bowl games, etc.
There are 13 Weeks and it flies by ...I thought after Week 6 it was mid way ...oh well! Close enough! We are all College Football "Junkies" LOL

Thanks as always Leonardfan fo starting Weekly threads

Incredible one hand catch by Jax St TE Sean Brown 6'-5" 250 tremendous athlete!
Sterling Galbran returns Punts!

Remember Justin Olson at UNC showing off some skills but getting limited playing time . Glad he's having a nice 1st Half ( 4 - 82)
6'-4" Holden Willis transfer (So.Florida ) had a nice catch

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Sean Brown had 5 for 100 and a TD !

Olson finished 9 for 123!

Holden Willis 4 for 97 !

MTSU stinks but their 2 Stud WRs both have 300+ yards on the season.

Rocky B

Master
Has anyone mentioned Aiden Laughery?
Illinois shifty, reserve freshman running back.
He had a 19 yard touchdown run this year.....

He was a three star back coming out of a small high school.
Getting a small amount of carries (3) as a true freshman is good.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
will Nebraska continue to appease their turnover-machine at black quarterback or go with the dynamic sophomore tonight?

will Illinois give any more touches to their overachieving freshman running back who has flashed in (very) limited opportunities?

K-State junior tight end Ben Sinnot is their leading receiver and top downfield playmaker. hopefully, he has a big night on national tv.

is there anything good about Oklahoma State? at all? what a dreadful bunch of game changing young scholars.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
K-State quarterback Will Howard is a BIG dude, but he can run. he has a 70-yard scamper in the first half, dusting the two tiny defensive blacks that thought they could catch him, but OSU black safety Kendal Daniels (a pretty big guy himself) got him with the angle and tremendous hustle and speed. credit where it’s due.

it looks to me like Howard is playing out of position, though obviously a versatile athlete. as i’ve said dozens of times before, i'd put him (and other White players like him) as a power running back, using his size and more natural running ability to get the ball in his hands frequently while limiting his deficiencies in the passing game. at the same time, i’d have every outside run be a run/pass option. talk about a matchup nightmare for opposing defenses!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Nebraska sophomore quarterback (another top notch White running back playing out of position), Heinrich Haarberg continues to shine. he’s already got 51 yards rushing in the first half, including a 25-yard score, while also being capable through the air while taking care of the ball (7-12 for 113 and no turnovers).

can someone please explain why this cat was buried on the bench behind that Upside American they started the year with?! if nothing else, play Haarberg at tailback (see my above post with a similarly skilled running qb), so you have your most explosive players on the field.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Nebraska sophomore quarterback (another top notch White running back playing out of position), Heinrich Haarberg continues to shine. he’s already got 51 yards rushing in the first half, including a 25-yard score, while also being capable through the air while taking care of the ball (7-12 for 113 and no turnovers).

can someone please explain why this cat was buried on the bench behind that Upside American they started the year with?! if nothing else, play Haarberg at tailback (see my above post with a similarly skilled running qb), so you have your most explosive players on the field.

I think Haarberg is gonna be a good qb and he is only a sophmore! Also at 6'5 he should be able to make all the throws with that
powerful arm.

El Gringo

Mentor

Haarburg would definitely make a good tailback but it looks like he is entrenched as the starting QB after last nights win!

Rocky B

Master
Mizzou vs LSU
Big game....Cody Schrader is near the top of all SEC rushers.
If not for a near 300 yard game for the guy from KY, he’d be in the lead, I believe.

I’m going to watch Army too....Hayden Reed seems like a good young back to root for....

And Cade Yacamelli will play for Wisc.
The game is on Peacock....Really?

Lots to see as far as the early games are concerned...

Bucky

Hall of Famer
No Yacamelli yet. Rutgers quota just threw a 95 yard pick 6. Wisconsin up 17 zip at half. Wohler looks good as usual for UW. Goetz has a sack and 3 tackles. Big Ben Barten has chipped in a few tackles from his DE position.

Rocky B

Master
Schrader with a 50 yard run, perfect timing.
Holding onto a small lead vs LSU

My bad, they’re down two.....3 minutes left in the third quarter

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Schrader with a 50 yard run, perfect timing.
Holding onto a small lead vs LSU

Yes I'm watching the game. The run was actually for 52 yards. He currently has 10 rushes for 100 yards. 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

El Gringo

Mentor
Yes I'm watching the game. The run was actually for 52 yards. He currently has 10 rushes for 100 yards. 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

They need to feed him the ball! His skin is so dark when I first turned on the game I thought they replaced him with a black rb.

Rocky B

Master
Mizzou has the lead and the ball in the fourth quarter and doesnt run with Schrader? Idiots..

white lightning

Hall of Famer
13th ranked Washington St. is at UCLA. Game just started a few minutes ago. We will need to see a big game from Carson Steele if
UCLA has any chance of pulling of a big upset.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Cody Schrader with the hat trick scoring his 3rd td of the game. I must say the kid is beyond explosive. Dare I say he is similar to
Shipley but he may be faster and just as shifty. The kid can cut on a dime and just explode. What a talent. Another nfl talent for
sure but will the league overlook his white skin?

I want to add that Brady Cook the Missouri QB is having a great game against a top 25 LSU Tiger Team. He has 326 yards passing and
another 19 rushing with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Hope they can stay undefeated.

Rocky B

Master
Once again. Third and one....
Don’t run Schrader...
Mizzou drops back to pass and fumbles.

Now they’re going for it on fourth and 32...

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Mizzou loses a heart breaker. So many mistakes in the 4th quarter against a talented LSU Team. What a damn shame as they had every
chance to win this game. There goes their undefeated season.

Switched over to the UCLA Game. Carson "Man of Steele" is off to a great start. He has 8 rushes for 40 yards and he has been doing it the
hard way. The young magical qb looks uneasy so far and already has an interception. The offensive line hasn't played good so believe me
when I say Carson Steele is doing this mostly by himself. He is getting hit in the backfield alot but is just so explosive and strong that he
will not be denied. The 2nd quarter is about to start with Wash. St. up 3-0.