2023 College Football Week 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

woody39

Mentor
Not college football related directly but on the Penn State broadcast they just said Americas game of the week is Giants Cowboys.....are all the other teams on a bye lol how is that game of the week....:rolleyes:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
White LB for Tulsa just had a really nice INT of QB Michael Pratt. Stole the ball from the reciever.

Klubnik is getting better as the season goes on. I think next year Clemson is back to a double digit win team.

woody39

Mentor
Never normally get to see half time show of "analysis" being in the uk but don't get why they treat it like a clown/comedy show.....is that normal lol? To be fair most of it was the completely unfunny black guy in the middle with all the others thinking he was hilarious

woody39

Mentor
John Paddock Illinois quarterback is 13 of 19 316 yards!!!! 2 td and 1 int at the half and they are losing what terrible defense 27- 26

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Will Shipley is back and looking great. He has 8 rushes for 65 yards in the first half and 1 touchdown. Also 21 yards receiving!

woody39

Mentor
Will Shipley is back and looking great. He has 8 rushes for 65 yards in the first half and 1 touchdown. Also 21 yards receiving!
So important for us, could be the most important draft pick of the year, see if Cmac being the best in the league will see teams evaluate differently....

jphoss

Mentor
Mccarthy with only 8 pass attempts. Not loving the conservative game plan. Let him sling it!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Mccarthy with only 8 pass attempts. Not loving the conservative game plan. Let him sling it!

Yea the game plan is pretty remedial. Looks like McCarthy just got a little dinged up to on the run. Not letting him or Allar pass the ball seems like an odd decision.

woody39

Mentor
Yea the game plan is pretty remedial. Looks like McCarthy just got a little dinged up to on the run. Not letting him or Allar pass the ball seems like an odd decision.
Penn State running again on first down get nothing. So conservative from both today it's not working......

woody39

Mentor
Michigan score and that's the game, terrible play calling by Penn State cost them didn't let Allar throw all game Michigan knew it was run all the time. No productivity on offense at all.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Another Franklin choke job for Penn State.
Haha the guy will forever play 3rd wheel to Ohio State and Michigan. Piss poor play calling in both those matchups this year! Dunno what to make of Allar as I’ve caught both games and he’s been off. As we’ve noted though, horrible play calling.

woody39

Mentor
Touchdown thrown by Allar, good throw considering he has been under pressure and a bit shaky past ten minutes.

What was that two point conversion attempt!!!!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Haha the guy will forever play 3rd wheel to Ohio State and Michigan. Piss poor play calling in both those matchups this year! Dunno what to make of Allar as I’ve caught both games and he’s been off. As we’ve noted though, horrible play calling.

Franklin is what he is and it should be obvious at this point. He has shown inability since being hired at Happy Valley to get PSU over the hump despite having blacker teams than Paterno ever had.

I think Allar is pretty good, only a sophomore. Again we don't see White QBs getting plugged into the remedial throwing offenses so many black QBs do. Both he and McCarthy take snaps under center. I do look forward to the blacker PAC 12 teams coming into the Big Ten and having to actually face decent defenses and running games

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Looks like Haarberg went down with an injury. The hyped up Sims came in and threw two INTS. I'm old enough to remember when Sims was hyped up as the solution to Nebraska's QB problems, also old enough to remember when idiotic announcers were hyping him up as a freshman as a 1st round pick/potential heisman candidate.

woody39

Mentor
Franklin is what he is and it should be obvious at this point. He has shown inability since being hired at Happy Valley to get PSU over the hump despite having blacker teams than Paterno ever had.

I think Allar is pretty good, only a sophomore. Again we don't see White QBs getting plugged into the remedial throwing offenses so many black QBs do. Both he and McCarthy take snaps under center. I do look forward to the blacker PAC 12 teams coming into the Big Ten and having to actually face decent defenses and running games
Think he has alot of potential and like you said is only a sophomore. Appalling coaching today cost them more than anything else. Feel for the young lad but he will have alot of good days to come.

woody39

Mentor
Can anyone summarise what Michigan did wrong for Harbourgh to get suspended, is it cheating and illegally getting the signs for plays?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Think he has alot of potential and like you said is only a sophomore. Appalling coaching today cost them more than anything else. Feel for the young lad but he will have alot of good days to come.

Franklin coached scared. He had every advantage in this game - home field, the controversy around Michigan, Harbaugh not even on the sideline and decided to play it very safe rather than open the offense up. PSU will more than likely go 10-2 which is a good record but Franklin isn't a great coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.