2022 NFL Week 6

white lightning

Hall of Famer
With the poor running of Austin Ekeler with only 38 yards, you would think they would give Zander Horvath a few carries but oh he's white
so it's not allowed. Help out your quarterback. The Chargers running game is similar to the Rams. I should say lack of a running game!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Gritty performance by Hopkins. Blackos fall to 2-4. Singleton and Tranquill were the two stand out players. Chargers drafted Herbert some White OL and a White TE please.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
With the poor running of Austin Ekeler with only 38 yards, you would think they would give Zander Horvath a few carries but oh he's white
so it's not allowed. Help out your quarterback. The Chargers running game is similar to the Rams. I should say lack of a running game

Let's see how did Sony Michel do as the 2nd string back? He had 20 something yards so these 2 elite backs can't even get 70 yards
combined in almost 5 quarters of football. Yet they still can't manage to let Horvath in there. Horvath had 1 reception. Why
did they draft him. Oh to be a blocker and sit on the bench and get fat. I forgot he is white. Sorry for the rant but is' so obvious
that this league does anything to screw over our guys.

Still happy the Chargers won but Justin Herbert needs some help out there so the defense can't just disrespect the run and over
prepard for the passing game.

Last edited:

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
I feel you white lightning but at least the Chargers and Herbert won a game on national TV and in Prime time. And they go up a game on a Division opponent. At least we can look at that part of the bright side. But yes, you are right on the narrative still being beyond crazy.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
A mere 18 unassisted tackles for Singleton at the end of regulation, and neither Buck nor Aikman has bothered to mention the fantastic game he's having. I guess it doesn't fit into the ridiculous narrative that Singleton isn't NFL starter material.
This is an incredible performance on national television, yet the only reason that Alex was starting was due to the injury to Josey Jewell. So a backup linebacker comes on and has one of the best performances of the season at the position and the cucked announcers don’t think that’s newsworthy? I’m really disappointed with Aikman, who appears to have gotten worse, or maybe has gotten a new script from the tribesmen who run (((Disney / ESPN))). I hope those extra shekels were worth it Troy?!

Looking at the linebacker situation in Denver, they run a 3-4 so they have 2 inside linebackers. Now I’m not an expert, but I assume those two are fairly interchangeable? At least more so than a MLB vs a SLB or WLB in a 4-3 package…Anyway a few weeks ago when Jewell was healthy, the Broncos were choosing to start Jonas Griffith at the other ILB spot. Last night both Singleton and Griffith started so it would seem fair to compare their stats in an apples to apples sort of manner.

Singleton: 21 total tackles (19 solo & 2 went for a loss), 1 pass defensed and 1 QB hit.

Griffith: 10 total tackles (7 solo and 0 for a loss), 0 passes defensed and 1 QB hit.

I think this is a clear indication of who the more important and impactful player is between the two. Now will head eunuch, I mean coach, Nathaniel Hackett have the fortitude to start 2 White linebackers when Josey is healthy? Or will he implement a “1 White only” policy and caste Alex aside like the pathetic Eagles did time and again?

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Gritty performance by Hopkins. Blackos fall to 2-4. Singleton and Tranquill were the two stand out players. Chargers drafted Herbert some White OL and a White TE please.
You are not kidding about the standouts. I already mentioned Singleton but what a helluva game for Tranquill! 8 total tackles (6 solo and 2 for losses), 2 sacks and 3 quarterback hits. I’d have to look it up but I wouldn’t be surprised if this was his best game as a pro.

I wanted to give a minor shoutout to WR Michael Bandy. First, he’s still sticking around on the active roster. Second, his only catch yesterday was a short gain for a first down. However it was an impressive display of hands, reflexes and quickness. The short pass was tipped by the defender, yet Bandy was still able to snag it. The highlight was part of the NFL.com clips that is available. The Chargers would be wise to make him their slot man and give him 3-5 targets (at minimum) per game. As others mentioned, the Chargers lack great weapons for Herbert but they might have a good one right under their noses if they could just caste aside their blinders.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
This is an incredible performance on national television, yet the only reason that Alex was starting was due to the injury to Josey Jewell. So a backup linebacker comes on and has one of the best performances of the season at the position and the cucked announcers don’t think that’s newsworthy? I’m really disappointed with Aikman, who appears to have gotten worse, or maybe has gotten a new script from the tribesmen who run (((Disney / ESPN))). I hope those extra shekels were worth it Troy?!

Looking at the linebacker situation in Denver, they run a 3-4 so they have 2 inside linebackers. Now I’m not an expert, but I assume those two are fairly interchangeable? At least more so than a MLB vs a SLB or WLB in a 4-3 package…Anyway a few weeks ago when Jewell was healthy, the Broncos were choosing to start Jonas Griffith at the other ILB spot. Last night both Singleton and Griffith started so it would seem fair to compare their stats in an apples to apples sort of manner.

Singleton: 21 total tackles (19 solo & 2 went for a loss), 1 pass defensed and 1 QB hit.

Griffith: 10 total tackles (7 solo and 0 for a loss), 0 passes defensed and 1 QB hit.

I think this is a clear indication of who the more important and impactful player is between the two. Now will head eunuch, I mean coach, Nathaniel Hackett have the fortitude to start 2 White linebackers when Josey is healthy? Or will he implement a “1 White only” policy and caste Alex aside like the pathetic Eagles did time and again?
I've been posting about the Singleton/Griffith situation intermittently in the Broncos forum for a while as I could see the screwing of Singleton coming from a mile away.

Griffith has started every game so far this season for Denver. Here are his unassisted tackle totals from those games, not including last night's:

Week 1: 3
Week 2: 3
Week 3: 2
Week 4: 6
Week 5: 2

In five games, he had a total of 16 solo tackles, so it took him until his sixth start to surpass what Singleton had last night alone! Obviously solo tackles is just one measurement of how effective a linebacker is, but it's a very important one and Singleton has always been surpassingly good at tracking where plays are going to go.

Josey Jewell and Singleton clearly should be the two starting inside linebackers for the Broncos. But let's see what happens when Jewell returns as he's currently week to week with a sprained knee.

BTW, Griffith went undrafted by the NFL, so it's not like he's some early round draft pick with limitless drool-inducing "upside."

Warhawk_46

Master
I suspect Baker has never fully recovered and may never fully recover from his shoulder injury (torn labrum) and surgery. He was dumb to play through it last year. Chad Pennington had a promising career and a good start to his career and has admitted that he never threw the ball the same after his shoulder injury. I've seen it happen to many many weekend athletes and rarely does anybody come back 100%.
This is a very good point.

Warhawk_46

Master
Oh if only Jake Funk would have gotten a fair chance. This was the perfect opportunity. Maybe they go all out for Cmac in LA?

For all the good the Rams do with skill players, McVau still makes boneheaded decisions. They simply did not view Funk as more than a WST demon.

Even though he was their fastest and strongest running back…

Warhawk_46

Master
Let's see how did Sony Michel do as the 2nd string back? He had 20 something yards so these 2 elite backs can't even get 70 yards
combined in almost 5 quarters of football. Yet they still can't manage to let Horvath in there. Horvath had 1 reception. Why
did they draft him. Oh to be a blocker and sit on the bench and get fat. I forgot he is white. Sorry for the rant but is' so obvious
that this league does anything to screw over our guys.

Still happy the Chargers won but Justin Herbert needs some help out there so the defense can't just disrespect the run and over
prepard for the passing game.
The treatment of white running backs is my sorest subject. We have had so many clearly capable men who get denied opportunity over and over again. Jacob Hester, Brian Leonard, Ryan Nall, Max Borghi, Brandon Wegher, Patrick Laird, and the list goes on and on.

Not a single one of those men would put up less than 500 yards if given a reasonable number of carries as second-stringers.

Each was also fully capable of being a starting running back and of 1,000 yard seasons if given the opportunity.

I’d like to see Herbert run more. He has the ability, but seems very reluctant. Just run for the first down and slide or get out of bounds.
I agree, but I blame the coaches, who are probably discouraging him from running. Watched highlights of the game and saw Wilson do designed QB runs several times. Herbert could definitely do at least as well with QB keepers and probably much better, especially since he's young and super athletic and Wilson is way past his prime.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I can see running to get easy yards and minimizing the risk of injury but I feel QBs need to play from the pocket as much as possible or utilize there mobility behind the line of scrimmage on bootlegs or scrambles
to buy time to throw downfield. I

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Kelce over 100 yards, just another day at the office for the greatest tight end in NFL history
Have to disagree about Kelce being the greatest TE in NFL history. For my money Jason Witten is up there as the best along with Gronk. Kelce is great but he certainly is more receiver than a true TE