2022 NFL Week 15

Flint

Mentor
The perp shot of a guiltless White HAS TO BE a prearranged, required agreement among the NFL, the networks and the camera crews. There is no other possibility for this beyond bizarre norm.
It’s so common that there has to be some reasoning behind it. My non-sinister take is that the league wants to emphasize that there are still some White guys in the game. Look it’s like 85% black out there. DWF’s aside there are a good chunk of White people that will tune out over time. Look at the NBA.

The NFL has always had the White QB’s to get the majority of the face time, that’s going away now. They need to show some palefaces once in a while. Since almost none of our guys get to carry or catch the ball they have to look elsewhere. Hence the close up on random white guy on the field.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
there is a similar directive for shots of the crowd. if there are any “diverse” people in attendance, the camera men will find them.

i know from personal experience that this is a directive sent from above (though from how far up the order originates, i'm unsure).

for example, if there is one black student in the student section of a college game, you can count on them making it on the big screen, usually multiple times.
Yep, that's been a staple for a long time. I watch a fair amount of NHL games and if there are any Black fans in attendance they'll end up on camera at some point. Often they seem to be sitting in the front row, wouldn't surprise me if they're given free tickets just to show some "diversity" in the crowd.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It’s so common that there has to be some reasoning behind it. My non-sinister take is that the league wants to emphasize that there are still some White guys in the game. Look it’s like 85% black out there. DWF’s aside there are a good chunk of White people that will tune out over time. Look at the NBA.

The NFL has always had the White QB’s to get the majority of the face time, that’s going away now. They need to show some palefaces once in a while. Since almost none of our guys get to carry or catch the ball they have to look elsewhere. Hence the close up on random white guy on the field.
Which is done over and over in a way to make the "random white guy" appear to be the one who made a bad play when he didn't. Yeah, it's just "random." Nothing going on, just the networks and the league celebrating White players.

Last edited:

wile

Master
The crowd shots I would advise against unless the network execs hate football. The in stadium crowd of the NFL defines Lumpen Proletariat. Besides the commercials which are awful bits of the psyop the crowd shots are then the next worst thing of an NFL broadcast.

Flint

Mentor
Which is done over and over in a way to make the "random white guy" appear to be the one who made a bad play when he didn't. Yeah, it's just "random." Nothing going on, just the networks and the league celebrating White players.
Are you saying there is a giant conspiracy to intentionally malign White players that is planned by each of the 20 or more broadcast directors and TV people in accordance with the NFL? I thought you discouraged large scale conspiracies of this type and attributed it instead to general groupthink and social conditioning.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Are you saying there is a giant conspiracy to intentionally malign White players that is planned by each of the 20 or more broadcast directors and TV people in accordance with the NFL? I thought you discouraged large scale conspiracies of this type and attributed it instead to general groupthink and social conditioning.
Uh, what I'm saying Tesla, is that there's a Caste System in sports that discriminates against White athletes and which is supported by negative sterotyping by the corporate media. And one of the ways negative stereotyping of White athletes is accomplished is by time and again making them appear to be the goat on bad defensive plays when they aren't.

What a tool you've become. Go watch some more CNN. Or better yet, go read some of the archived J. B. Cash articles.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
It’s not a conspiracy if it’s well documented and evidence exists. Going back as far as I can remember the close up of White defensive players after a score has been something that has been observable to anyone paying attention.

Warhawk_46

Master
It’s not a conspiracy if it’s well documented and evidence exists. Going back as far as I can remember the close up of White defensive players after a score has been something that has been observable to anyone paying attention.
It is something I have noticed for years and years. The cameramen are filming throughout the game, all the time. Some may be responsible for filming the offensive line, some the linebackers etc. The broadcast director chooses precisely which running camera will be broadcast at precisely what time and for how long. Thus, an in-game narrative is built. I unequivocally believe the targeted of white players whenever something bad happens (even and especially if they have nothing to do with the play) is planned and carried out. These broadcasts are now not without careful planning. Too much money is at stake to wing it.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I saw Sam Hubbard will miss a few weeks and Hendrickson is out with a broken wrist. That sucks

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
It is something I have noticed for years and years. The cameramen are filming throughout the game, all the time. Some may be responsible for filming the offensive line, some the linebackers etc. The broadcast director chooses precisely which running camera will be broadcast at precisely what time and for how long. Thus, an in-game narrative is built. I unequivocally believe the targeted of white players whenever something bad happens (even and especially if they have nothing to do with the play) is planned and carried out. These broadcasts are now not without careful planning. Too much money is at stake to wing it.
Bingo!

And this conspiracy isn’t that massive. At most there are 16 games each week. So NBC, ESPN and now Amazon each would have 1 director. Then the rest are split between Fox and CBS. Out of the 16 directors, positions that you get to by working your way up the ladder (I have an inside source who told me that), I’m sure some are worse than others. Directors, and all behind the scenes guys work as a crew. So at least for 1 season, they work with the same announcing crew. We should try to take notice and see if there is a pattern where the “perp shot” is worse with certain announcer teams.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The perp shot has been so established for so long that it's just second nature, same as the crowd shots at sporting events almost always having to show some non-Whites.

It's no different than how the advertising industry works. Casting for a commercial? Start with the assumption that the cast will be all Black, or a United Colors of Bennetton social gathering, or just an interracial couple or a United Nations looking extended family. Need a buffon or a nerd or an idiot or a burglar? Cue the White guy, which more and more is the only time you see White men in advertising, which is the rough equivalent of always showing a White football player on the opposing team after a score (when any can be found).

There's no need for an explicit "conspiracy" or written rules, it's how the system works in so many ways and those that desire to advance in it know how the game is played. They also know that the least slip-up, no matter how minor, means instant cancellation. It's not a "conspiracy" any more than the Caste System is a conspiracy, it's just the way business is done.

Warhawk_46

Master
Bingo!

And this conspiracy isn’t that massive. At most there are 16 games each week. So NBC, ESPN and now Amazon each would have 1 director. Then the rest are split between Fox and CBS. Out of the 16 directors, positions that you get to by working your way up the ladder (I have an inside source who told me that), I’m sure some are worse than others. Directors, and all behind the scenes guys work as a crew. So at least for 1 season, they work with the same announcing crew. We should try to take notice and see if there is a pattern where the “perp shot” is worse with certain announcer teams.
I think the point is that it is not a conspiracy but something that is actively being put in place by broadcast directors. They are determining which shots/camera angles are what audiences see throughout the games… they control the visual narrative of the game, so to speak.

Now are they getting their directions from their upper management at CBS, FOX, ESPN etc., well that is the question. Based on the years Don and co. have spent compiling anecdotal evidence, I would lean towards yes.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I think the point is that it is not a conspiracy but something that is actively being put in place by broadcast directors. They are determining which shots/camera angles are what audiences see throughout the games… they control the visual narrative of the game, so to speak.

Now are they getting their directions from their upper management at CBS, FOX, ESPN etc., well that is the question. Based on the years Don and co. have spent compiling anecdotal evidence, I would lean towards yes.
My source said “They would report to a Vice President of Production, but also a tech VP to an extent, because the camera positions are so technical”. Don’t know if this is useful information or not.

But it’s probably like Don said. These guys work their way up the ladder by playing along to the rules of the established system. It may not have to come down from on high via a directive….

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
There's no need for an explicit "conspiracy" or written rules, it's how the system works in so many ways and those that desire to advance in it know how the game is played. They also know that the least slip-up, no matter how minor, means instant cancellation. It's not a "conspiracy" any more than the Caste System is a conspiracy, it's just the way business is done.

My source said “They would report to a Vice President of Production, but also a tech VP to an extent, because the camera positions are so technical”. Don’t know if this is useful information or not.

But it’s probably like Don said. These guys work their way up the ladder by playing along to the rules of the established system. It may not have to come down from on high via a directive….
These statements pretty much sum it up. It's become the status quo now and has been in place for quite a while. Not sure how the dwfs don't see it. Maybe more actually do see it than we think.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Well ask them about it then.
I asked basically without explicitly making it about race. I simply said I noticed that after a big play or TD they’ll focus on a player who had nothing to do with it. He didn’t notice this trend.

He said that for bigger games there are more cameras, so more opportunities to have iso shots of different players. Have we noticed that during “big” (nationally syndicated) games the perp shot is more frequent? Also, have we notice some networks are more guilty of this than others?

Since we are the only ones researching this phenomenon, it would be nice to try to quantify it by finding patterns.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's almost halftime and even though Baker Mayfield has looked ok, Skowronek has been shut out so far. It's looking like a low scoring
defensive struggle. Get the ball in this kids hands he has height, speed and great hands. He can be a difference maker.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Notice how on the holding penalty on LA's kickoff, there was a camera focused on the obscure GB player who committed a hold. That's often the case. That's because there's a lot of cameras focused on a lot of different players. They pretty much catch everything that happens on the field. If the "Immaculate Reception" happened today there would be ten different views of it. Back in 1972 there wasn't a single one that was definitive.

Something that impresses me is how often analysts like Crissie can break down a play immediately after it happens. It's not because he's all seeing, though I'll give him credit for being pretty sharp, there's obviously someone talking in his earpiece that tells him within a second or two what they're about to show on replay and why. NFL games on all the networks that telecast them are very well-oiled productions, and the perp shots are just part of the show.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Greg Gaines with another sack tonight. His 4th on the year, which is good for a DT.

The lack of White men allowed to play DT or NT is the “Building 7” of the Caste System. It should be literally questioned by everyone, as Whites are the worlds largest and strongest people (on average). The worlds strongest men competitions are evidence of this. Also, if a modern NFL NT is basically a fat slob over 6’ tall, then Whites can fill that role too. Just drive around America and you can see land whales everywhere.

Last edited:

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Greg Gaines with another sack tonight. His 4th on the year, which is good for a DT.

The lack of White men allowed to play DT or NT is the “building 7” of the Caste System. It should be literally questioned by everyone, as Whites are the worlds largest and strongest people (on average). The worlds strongest men competitions are evidence of this. Also, if a modern NFL NT is basically fat slob over 6’ tall then Whites can fill that role too. Just drive around America and you can see land whales everywhere.
Right Freethinker. Just look at all the large athletic white TE's now. Cole Kmet 6'6 260. Am I correct in saying that even the big TE's in college that might not be able to make it as an NFL TE, would certainly be large and athletic enough to move to DT/DE?
BTW, has anyone commented on the huge white DE for LA from Brown U. He was a Calculus tutor at Brown. Mike Hoecht: 6'4, 310.

wile

Master
Looks like the Packers are moving to having a perfectly diverse defense since Dean Lowery was active, but not listed as a starter and had no stats. Only advice I can give him is don't overpay for any real estate in GB.