2022 College football week 7 thread

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Charlie Jones is uncoverable.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Shipley 36 yard run. Up the middle of course.
Then Clemson lets the QB run to the outside for the TD?? I just don't understand why Shipley never gets an off tackle or sweep? Much like CMAC in Carolina. However, Shipley has 67 yards on 10 attempts and 38 receiving yards on 5 receptions. 105 all purpose yards in the first half.

wile

Master
Vokolek for Nebraska had a nice catch with some Gronk action on a DB

My first reply in a while...what happened to all the write ups? I have the starter total by team and conference saved if we need it.

Casey Filkins looks like a future NFL player. Ethan Bonner with a tremendous game, announcers called him the best player in the secondary.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Then Clemson lets the QB run to the outside for the TD?? I just don't understand why Shipley never gets an off tackle or sweep? Much like CMAC in Carolina. However, Shipley has 67 yards on 10 attempts and 38 receiving yards on 5 receptions. 105 all purpose yards in the first half.
You took the words out of my mouth. I find it odd that teams only to this to very fast running backs. Call plays against their
strengths yet no one outside of this board questions the play calling? If I was Shipley I would talk to the Coach, Offensive
Coordinator as well as the running backs coach. Be a true alpha and tell them to draw up more plays set up where he has a
chance of bigger and better plays on a consistant basis. You have to be assertive in this anti white world.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
My first reply in a while...what happened to all the write ups? I have the starter total by team and conference saved if we need it.

Casey Filkins looks like a future NFL player. Ethan Bonner with a tremendous game, announcers called him the best player in the secondary.

Site went down and a bunch of the write ups were lost. We tried recovering what we could. I'm trying to muster up some motivation to re-do the remaining missing write-ups.

Good to see you back my friend.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
You took the words out of my mouth. I find it odd that teams only to this to very fast running backs. Call plays against their
strengths yet no one outside of this board questions the play calling? If I was Shipley I would talk to the Coach, Offensive
Coordinator as well as the running backs coach. Be a true alpha and tell them to draw up more plays set up where he has a
chance of bigger and better plays on a consistant basis. You have to be assertive in this anti white world.
Yessir WL. I noticed the first carry second string RB Mafah got was a sweep with a lead blocker in front of him that went for 14 yards.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I feel bad for Ricky Pearsall. He left ASU knowing they would have an off year with scandals and many, many players leaving including
the starting quarterback. Too bad for Ricky that the Florida QB continues to ignore his best weapoin. He has 2 catches for 49 yards
and the Gators are playing keep away so far. It's hurting his chances at making the NFL Draft. We need more young white receivers.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Am I the only one who finds the Stanford delayed handoffs to be weird?

I mean it seems like the play calling overall is pretty weak, but I’ve never seen this particular play called so often and frankly it doesn’t seem like the best way to use filkins because most of the time he gets the ball he is standing up and has no momentum?

Any thoughts?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Am I the only one who finds the Stanford delayed handoffs to be weird?

I mean it seems like the play calling overall is pretty weak, but I’ve never seen this particular play called so often and frankly it doesn’t seem like the best way to use filkins because most of the time he gets the ball he is standing up and has no momentum?

Any thoughts?
Not watching the Stanford game tonight but I am not a fan of the delayed handoff call either. Power running with a fullback was Stanford football up until a few years ago. Shaw has decided to get away from what made the program competitive - strong O-line play, great TEs, power running backs and a strong front seven on defense.

El Gringo

Mentor
Shipley 69 yard kickoff return and then TE Davis 31 yard TD reception!
Can anyone tell me the last time a black rb returned a kickoff while being the teams leading rusher? I know it doesn’t happen often. The white man always has to contribute on special teams like Taysom Hill. Why have your best players returning kickoffs s??? Didn’t Seahorn blow out his knee on a kickoff return?

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Charlies Jones with his 2nd TD of the night.
according to Matt Millen, the commentator, he’s “not running away from anybody because he’s imminently coverable.”

“somehow” Jones, who’s been reported to possess 4.3 speed, has been able to catch 11 passes for 118 yards and 2 touchdowns while being “imminently covered.”

give Alex O’Connell, the Purdue quarterback, credit, however. he’s playing exceptionally well tonight.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
according to Matt Millen, the commentator, he’s “not running away from anybody because he’s imminently coverable.”

“somehow” Jones, who’s been reported to possess 4.3 speed, has been able to catch 11 passes for 118 yards and 2 touchdowns while being “imminently covered.”

give Alex O’Connell, the Purdue quarterback, credit, however. he’s playing exceptionally well tonight.
O'Connell has made some great throws for sure. Millen is a dope just speaking in caste terminology because that is all he knows.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Not watching the Stanford game tonight but I am not a fan of the delayed handoff call either. Power running with a fullback was Stanford football up until a few years ago. Shaw has decided to get away from what made the program competitive - strong O-line play, great TEs, power running backs and a strong front seven on defense.
i agree. this play has a VERY slim margin for success and has lots of opportunities to fail. it requires exceptional play (vision, acceleration, and change of direction) by the tailback as well as long, sustained blocks by the o-line. i don’t like it at all.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Purdue needs to run the clock out here. They always seem to lose a game or two a year because they abandon the run.

El Gringo

Mentor

Holy hell that has to be one of the worst caste comments in history! Millen is a worthless pos!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Jones makes a crucial catch. Looks like he is injured. Millen of course says that he's not the fastest kid but he is precise and then states that the whole reason he is successful is because of O'Connell. What a stooge.

Hopefully Jones injury is not major.