2017 NFL Playoffs Wild Card Round

Riggins44

Master
They just aired a commercial for the 2018 NFL draft and previewed what Mel Kiper Jr was doing to prepare. One of the things was no joke “calculating upside” :rolleyes:

And of course the most important metric for any prospect, 40 yard dash time. That is, if they are black and have a good 40 time. If they are white and have a good 40 time, its not that important.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
TD Kelce.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
One of the announcers said it was hard to explain why the Titans don't pass the ball well. Then they talked about the weapons the offense has.

Unbelievable. The reason is the poor play of the media favorite non-white quarterback.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Alex Smith playing great.

He's reputed to have a weak arm. I don't see it. It looks to me he has a decent arm.

Any opinions on this? Do you think my assessment is correct?

Claimjumper

Mentor
Announcers just nonchalantly quipping that this will be Pat Mahomes’ team once Alex Smiths contract expires

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Chiefs have what, 8 White starters today, including Smith and Kelce and Sorensen and Zombo on defense. Not bad at all for an NFL team. Hopefully Kelce returns for the second half. He's got the kind of wiggerish personality the media loves but he's an undeniable great talent.

icsept

Master
The hit on Kelce was brutal. Probably good for New England, because I’d be shocked if he’s out of concussion protocol next week.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Announcers just nonchalantly quipping that this will be Pat Mahomes’ team once Alex Smiths contract expires

It's a shame Smith didn't throw downfield earlier in his career. I don't think anyone knew how good he could be until this season. He really has all the tools and is still a fast runner even at the age of 34. If the Chiefs decide to go with Mahomes next season, the dropoff will be as dramatic as that of Green Bay playing Hundley when Rodgers was injured.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
They just aired a commercial for the 2018 NFL draft and previewed what Mel Kiper Jr was doing to prepare. One of the things was no joke “calculating upside” :rolleyes:

That commercial has been on several times now. No mention of his low success rate in "calculating upside" and "quantifying twitch" as it pertains to draft prospects though. Must be nice to have job security of a weatherman and be an "expert" at something you are so bad at.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
The Titans should have replaced Mariota with Weeden earlier this season. He would have done better than Mariota.

Bruce

Guru
Amazing that Smith has been deemed expendable next season.
Truly bizzare. In five years as a starter for the Chiefs he has a 50-26 record, he's made the playoffs every season except for one, he's thrown 102 td's to 33 interceptions, he has an average passer rating of 95, and he's coming off his very best season ever as a pro. If he were black he'd already have a huge contract extension by now.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah he did a great Jackie Smith imitation on that one.

When it rains it pours.

Yeah and Sean McDonough has mentioned it a dozen times since, even though there's been a ton of drops by blacks in this game. Nice to see Decker make the clutch TD reception.