Hall of Famer
Players from the Texas Tech top 10 passing yardage leaders this century:
1st, Graham Harrell - undrafted, 2009
2nd, Kliff Kingsbury - pick 201, 2003, threw two NFL passes
3rd, Patrick Mahomes - pick 10, 2017
4th, Seth Doege - undrafted, 2013
6th, Taylor Potts - undrafted, 2011
9th, BJ Symons - pick 238, 2004, 0 pass attempts
In addition to Sonny Cumbie, lead the nation in passing for 2004 before going undrafted.

Such a coincidence that Mahomes is the massive outlier, and he's also a media darling black quarterback.

Davis Webb was also a Texas Tech QB but lost the starting job due to injury to the magical mulatto. Webb is bigger, better arm, more intelligent and more athletic than Mahomes. He went to Cal as a grad transfer and played well - I think he is better than Mahomes. I am hopeful he is a 2nd/3rd round pick - hopefully the Chargers.

PHillisFan

Master
I am ecstatic that C-Mac went top 10, but not to sCam's benefit.
I am still hoping my some miracle Kelly is able to convince the Bills to take a chance on his nephew. It might give the franchise a future.

Claimjumper

Mentor
That scene outside for the draft might have been one of the most DWF things ever. They are saying that 70,000 people were there and they were selling bud lights for $12 a can. If you safely average each person bought 2 beers or a sandwich that means DWFs dropped around $50k every time an affletes name was read by roger gooddell or some underprivileged black cancer patient

Shadowlight

Master
Early reports and fan reaction to Watt and Christian have been positive. Some NFL people see Carolina as a good fit but others do not. I'll go by Jon Gruden's take "I Love It" he said. When they interviewed Christian from his home last night he was beyond relaxed. Being picked by Carolina was not a "happy accident". With input from his dad it was by design. That is the team Christian wanted to play for all along. Louise Riddick called TJ Watt a tremendous athlete with a good get off and other very positive things. In Carolina the fans are jumping up and down with joy and Pitt fans approve of the Watt pick. The funniest part of the draft last night was when they were showing video of Ohio State S Malik Hooker and on every play Hooker is woefully missing a tackle. You just know that isn't going to cut it with Gruden. Gruden picked him apart. It was hilarious. The dumbass Colts picked him. Nothing like a safety that can't tackle.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Early reports and fan reaction to Watt and Christian have been positive. Some NFL people see Carolina as a good fit but others do not. I'll go by Jon Gruden's take "I Love It" he said. When they interviewed Christian from his home last night he was beyond relaxed. Being picked by Carolina was not a "happy accident". With input from his dad it was by design. That is the team Christian wanted to play for all along. Louise Riddick called TJ Watt a tremendous athlete with a good get off and other very positive things. In Carolina the fans are jumping up and down with joy and Pitt fans approve of the Watt pick. The funniest part of the draft last night was when they were showing video of Ohio State S Malik Hooker and on every play Hooker is woefully missing a tackle. You just know that isn't going to cut it with Gruden. Gruden picked him apart. It was hilarious. The dumbass Colts picked him. Nothing like a safety that can't tackle.

To piggyback off 2nd part of your post. I'm skeptical of all 3 Buckeyes DBs that were drafted. It's easy to sit back and collect interceptions when your front 7 is wreaking havoc ans as good as theirs. Open field tackling never gets enough attention for DB prospects. If a guy can't tackle who the hell cares if he can run a 4.4 in spandex?!

Shadowlight

Master
Three Ohio State DB's in the first round does makes you think. Hell if you have three first round talent types in the D backfield how the hell would you ever lose? On one of the highlights last night they showed a play where Daniel Braverman just BLEW by I think it was the "speedster" Lattimore for a touchdown from over a year ago. Left him in the dust.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Three Ohio State DB's in the first round does makes you think. Hell if you have three first round talent types in the D backfield how the hell would you ever lose? On one of the highlights last night they showed a play where Daniel Braverman just BLEW by I think it was the "speedster" Lattimore for a touchdown from over a year ago. Left him in the dust.

I mentioned Braverman last night when his teammate was drafted 5th overall. Davis did not even work out prior to the draft and has been injured during this whole process yet he gets picked 5th overall while Braverman was a 7th rounder who never got a fair shake his rookie season despite performing well in practice and preseason.

Hey guys, long time lurker, but first time poster.

Anyways, I want to start off by adding my 2 cents to this thread. I think the Bears got swindled on Trubisky. They just dropped a ton of cash on Glennon (19 Mil guaranteed...), and then go and trade the farm and future for a guy that is not ready for primetime.

Now don't get me wrong, I think Trubisky is a future star in this league. He has a cannon for an arm, and the boy has serious wheels...I just don't think he was worth the price. He would have been better served going to a team with an older, but established QB and learning. Glennon is pretty raw at this point himself. He only has one season as a starter, and I wish he had stayed another year to hone his skills a bit. I think it takes him a couple of years to adjust to the faster speed and different defensive looks the NFL will throw at him.

I also worry that he is playing for a team of morons and as far as I'm concerned, overpaying for an unproven guy and then trading away the near future for a guy that plays the same position as the guy you overpaid for...yep playing for morons.

As far as CM being drafted to the Panthers, I don't know why you guys are down on it. It's a good thing, and both Rivera and Gettleman seemed pretty giddy about it. I mean who wouldn't be? You have a guy that is one of the best overall skill players in the NFL's history and he is going to be a star. Besides, it's kind of a win/win in that not only does it elevate one of own to caste-busting stardom, but the liberals will also love spouting the "Black quarterback to white running back" stereotype breaker. That's even more attention, and hopefull more whites follow in his footsteps.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Glennon probably has the worst luck of any quarterback. He was the best rookie QB in his class, only to be demoted to the bench for three years, signs with the Bears only to have them trade up to get Trubisky at number two. But Glennon will undoubtedly start this season and maybe even in 2018 while Trubisky is brought along, and if he continues to improve hopefully he'll be traded somewhere where he can be the uncontested starter.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The narrative is that last night was a crazy 1st round. I've heard that same description given to the draft every year. It's just another little annoying thing that irks me about the sports media and the dwfs.

As far as tonight goes - I really don't want Lamp to end up on Petes plantation. Hopefully they draft a black quarterback since their version st. Trayvon was arrested twice in 10 days recently. Ideally the remaining two black quarterbacks go to teams with black qbs already.

Shadowlight

Master
Thanks for posting Silence. The black QB conversation even today is a very touchy point for many blacks. Stephan A Smith and Donovan McNabb were on the Watson band wagon big time and they were insulted that the NFL people favored Trubisky . Smith went on his usual rampage and then the two guys kept naming white QB's who were picked high who were busts. Even Max Kellerman no less had enough of this talk and started firing back names of white QB's who have succeeded. So yes as much as there are these groups out there who hate the idea of athletic white guys making speedy great plays( it really burns me that people hated the Pats because they had star white WR's-- give me a break) I think their attitudes will be tempered by the fact that Cam's "success" would be tied up with Christian's success. I have always been a WR guy and never cared much who was delivering the ball to them but many people feel differently.
But as we march forward in sports most all of the teams with white skill players will feature "important" black players too. The Carolina set up does offer another angle on the caste dynamic and in a rear door kind of way helps curb caste think.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
To piggyback off 2nd part of your post. I'm skeptical of all 3 Buckeyes DBs that were drafted. It's easy to sit back and collect interceptions when your front 7 is wreaking havoc ans as good as theirs. Open field tackling never gets enough attention for DB prospects. If a guy can't tackle who the hell cares if he can run a 4.4 in spandex?!

Just read that Hooker had only 13 starts in college. That was a huge criticism of Trubisky but Hooker seems to be immune to that. Given the fact he can't make all his tackles I am sure he will be a bust. Meanwhile Nate Gerry with a great body of work as a multi-year starter won't be drafted until late if at all.

Shadowlight

Master
Of course the caste slant is out in full force every draft and the word on the street is 49'ers GM John Lynch is a genius for his two first round picks. I'm sorry but anyone (Reuben thug Foster) that has a temper tantrum in a Doctor's office where medical people are trying to help you belongs in a rubber room. Oh and he cheated on his drug test too. Yep nothing like character and stability. This guy won't be worth the trouble. As for Solomon Thomas and I am not trying to be funny, I watched every Stanford game this year because of Christian. I swear to you I don't ever recall a guy named Solomon Thomas until the bowl game vs NC. How good can the guy be if I couldn't even place his name before the bowl game?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The jets are sounding like they want to dump Calvin Pryor and Sheldon Richardson. They were the teams back to back 1st round picks in 2013-2014. A couple of busts and Richardson is a malcontent to boot.

The jets might want to draft some pale faces this year to make up for their black blunders from some of their recent drafts.

Rocky B

Master
What's the deal with booing Goodell?????.....He suspends jugheads for doing stupid crap....Am I missing something??.....Kudos to Jaws for what he said......

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
What's the deal with booing Goodell?????.....He suspends jugheads for doing stupid crap....Am I missing something??.....Kudos to Jaws for what he said......

Philadelphia. Lol

Tannehill17

Mentor
I'm sure Miami's entire draft with Tannenbaum/Grier at the helm will be just like when the universe first started...... all black with no stars.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Packers go with a corner. 6'3 200 4.43 ok with it after watching NFC Championship, and Matty Ice carving their secondary...

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Jags go with a sumo from Bama. Maybe I'm getting a little riled up here but smells like a Bust.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Hard to believe bspn is having trouble making money with commercials being played between every pick.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Seahawks grab McDowell another BUST

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Celtic please throw commentary on every pick! It's much more enjoyable than the talking head caste queers!