2015 MLB Season

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I've noticed that as well. Diversity, a **** you to the white RACE!! Whenever things are perceived as "too white" immediate actions are taken for change.

So sick of spineless, brainwashed white people crying diversity. It's disgusting just how indoctrinated people are and then don't even know what they are really calling for.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Jeez, the MLB Commissioner was just touting the number of African Americans drafted when being interviewed and how programs are working for that. Give me a break.

Were any percentages given as to the racial breakdown of the first couple rounds? It's amazing how little media hype is given to the MLB draft each year, about 1/10,000 that given to the NFL's; even the draft of the "lowly" NHL seems to generate more interest than baseball's.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Were any percentages given as to the racial breakdown of the first couple rounds? It's amazing how little media hype is given to the MLB draft each year, about 1/10,000 that given to the NFL's; even the draft of the "lowly" NHL seems to generate more interest than baseball's.

I haven't done any breakdowns. I'll do the first two rounds if I get a chance but there were a ton our guys drafted.

The NBA and NFL drafts are all about instant gratification so they capture the infantile mind of the typical lack of attention span sports fan which comprises most of society. When blacks don't pan out in those sports they are offered excuses like he did not fulfill his upside etc.

Baseball on the other hand is performance and statistically based. These kids will be in the farm system for 3-4 years to actually develop and get better at the game prior to reaching the top level of competition.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I haven't done any breakdowns. I'll do the first two rounds if I get a chance but there were a ton our guys drafted.

The NBA and NFL drafts are all about instant gratification so they capture the infantile mind of the typical lack of attention span sports fan which comprises most of society. When blacks don't pan out in those sports they are offered excuses like he did not fulfill his upside etc.

Baseball on the other hand is performance and statistically based. These kids will be in the farm system for 3-4 years to actually develop and get better at the game prior to reaching the top level of competition.

Well put. I've heard it said that baseball is the thinking man's draft. Because like you've mentioned it takes patience to wait for your picks develop!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Pirates drafted a White shortstop in the first round, and a college kid who played high school in the Pittsburgh area was taken by the Cubs in the first round; he's also a shortstop. Add those two to the top three picks being White shortstops and that's a promising direction for one of the most non-White positions if not the most non-White.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Yankees drafted a white shortstop in the first round as well. It's a pretty interesting dynamic to see this many white shortstops drafted so early. Some were projected by the MLB networks analysts to of course become either 2b or 3basemen.

They also use the same caste jargon when describing black players.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
The Detroit Tigers drafted Kirk Gibson's son, (Cam), a Michigan State OF on day 2 in the 5th round. He is described by Baseball America as having elite speed and the tools to be a leadoff hitter and possibly play centerfield.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
The Detroit Tigers drafted Kirk Gibson's son, (Cam), a Michigan State OF on day 2 in the 5th round. He is described by Baseball America as having elite speed and the tools to be a leadoff hitter and possibly play centerfield.

Kirk Gibson was a rare combination of speed and power that had a good shot at being a caste buster as a receiver in the NFL. He was a star flanker for Michigan State and one of the few white players that was lauded for his physical talent. Wisely he passed on the NFL and went on to a productive MLB career that was notable mostly for two clutch World Series home runs. Recently Gibson was diagnosed with Parkingson's disease, a bit of a shock to his fans in the Detroit area (myself included).

I imagine his son is similarly gifted but what really made Gibby stand out was his kick ass attitude. I hope his kid has a dose of that too, and is not just a rich legacy kid. I imagine his drafting is a Detroit connection thing and will only pan out if the kid is exceptional.

One thing about the MLB draft that is way different then the other sports is that many of the kids are NOT going to sign and will instead go to college. One of the things that makes the NFL/NBA drafts so popular is that the kid drafted is almost certainly going to be playing for the team that drafts him. In the MLB (and also NHL) draft a lot of the players are not going to sign so the anticipation level is decreased. Plus it takes a while for players to develop in baseball where as in football and basketball they are considered a finished product and expected to compete right away.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Kirk Gibson was a rare combination of speed and power that had a good shot at being a caste buster as a receiver in the NFL. He was a star flanker for Michigan State and one of the few white players that was lauded for his physical talent. Wisely he passed on the NFL and went on to a productive MLB career that was notable mostly for two clutch World Series home runs. Recently Gibson was diagnosed with Parkingson's disease, a bit of a shock to his fans in the Detroit area (myself included).

I imagine his son is similarly gifted but what really made Gibby stand out was his kick ass attitude. I hope his kid has a dose of that too, and is not just a rich legacy kid. I imagine his drafting is a Detroit connection thing and will only pan out if the kid is exceptional.

One thing about the MLB draft that is way different then the other sports is that many of the kids are NOT going to sign and will instead go to college. One of the things that makes the NFL/NBA drafts so popular is that the kid drafted is almost certainly going to be playing for the team that drafts him. In the MLB (and also NHL) draft a lot of the players are not going to sign so the anticipation level is decreased. Plus it takes a while for players to develop in baseball where as in football and basketball they are considered a finished product and expected to compete right away.
MLB has a draft that goes to 40 rounds+??? Many players don't ever make the 40 man roster and beyond first and second rounders aren't viewed as blue chip prospects. Hockey's draft used to be close to 20 rounds and even in the first round near the end of the round fighters are drafted so anything beyond that prospects are viewed as more diamond in the rough types.

Ps I had a guy who was my high school qb drafted in the middle rounds for the baseball draft(I didn't know he even played organized baseball). I recall running into a guy from high school around that time who told me he never signed with the team that drafted him and his bonus was about 20K. I also knew somebody who was drafted in the NHL near the end of the draft and he was never invited to training camp by the team who drafted him.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Giants rookie Chris Heston throws a no-hitter.

Harper hits HR number 20

Votto CIN. hits 3 HR's, (13 season)

Frazier CIN. 17

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
MLB has a draft that goes to 40 rounds+??? Many players don't ever make the 40 man roster and beyond first and second rounders aren't viewed as blue chip prospects. Hockey's draft used to be close to 20 rounds and even in the first round near the end of the round fighters are drafted so anything beyond that prospects are viewed as more diamond in the rough types.

Ps I had a guy who was my high school qb drafted in the middle rounds for the baseball draft(I didn't know he even played organized baseball). I recall running into a guy from high school around that time who told me he never signed with the team that drafted him and his bonus was about 20K. I also knew somebody who was drafted in the NHL near the end of the draft and he was never invited to training camp by the team who drafted him.

My friend was drafted in the 23rd round - he bounced around the minors for 6 seasons. It's not an easy life until you break into the big leagues.

If football hard a legitimate farm system than the make up of the NFL would be pretty different. College football is not a farm system because players are recruited and get playing time based on skin color rather than production, ability and the fundamental skills needed to be a good player.

Some MLB draft picks go right from high school to the minors, while others smartly go to college to develop physically and hopefully get a degree. That also puts them at somewhat of a disadvantage because they are 21/22 when they get drafted and still have to play minor league ball for a few years. They typically don't reach the majors until they are in their mid 20s. It will be interested to see if more young white players follow the Harper/trout path and come up when they are 19/20. It does seem that the past few years have been friendly to our younger guys - granted they are all very good talents.

Baseball does a pretty good job of identifying the talent but they also need those draft picks to fill out minor league rosters from two levels of A to AAA, rookie ball, short season etc. for their affiliated teams. It takes a certain mindset and dedication to pursue the MLB as a career.

The NFL and NBA are much easier as all the draft picks get either millions or 6 figure deals thrown at them even though they are not proven at all. When one of those affletes is cut or busts its a big hit for a franchise yet they keep going back with the same mindset drafting the same types of afrolets year in and year out. No credibility exists in the NBA or NFL from GMs to scouts to the black players.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
My friend was drafted in the 23rd round - he bounced around the minors for 6 seasons. It's not an easy life until you break into the big leagues.

If football hard a legitimate farm system than the make up of the NFL would be pretty different. College football is not a farm system because players are recruited and get playing time based on skin color rather than production, ability and the fundamental skills needed to be a good player.

Some MLB draft picks go right from high school to the minors, while others smartly go to college to develop physically and hopefully get a degree. That also puts them at somewhat of a disadvantage because they are 21/22 when they get drafted and still have to play minor league ball for a few years. They typically don't reach the majors until they are in their mid 20s. It will be interested to see if more young white players follow the Harper/trout path and come up when they are 19/20. It does seem that the past few years have been friendly to our younger guys - granted they are all very good talents.

Baseball does a pretty good job of identifying the talent but they also need those draft picks to fill out minor league rosters from two levels of A to AAA, rookie ball, short season etc. for their affiliated teams. It takes a certain mindset and dedication to pursue the MLB as a career.

The NFL and NBA are much easier as all the draft picks get either millions or 6 figure deals thrown at them even though they are not proven at all. When one of those affletes is cut or busts its a big hit for a franchise yet they keep going back with the same mindset drafting the same types of afrolets year in and year out. No credibility exists in the NBA or NFL from GMs to scouts to the black players.

Yes baseball is different then football and basketball. As I always like to point out, participation in football and basketball is almost completely government subsidized through the school system from high school to college. Baseball and hockey have active amateur leagues and minor leagues. Thus white people, who pay the vast majority of the taxes that support schools get screwed coming and going. We pay for the anti-white recruiting system of the colleges and support with our leisure cash the various minor leagues that have to be supported in part by local attendance. Not to mention our support of the pro-game which helps fund academies to attract non-whites to the game.

I would love to see the college system collapse. Which is not all that impossible. A lot of schools are giving up on football due to the expense and the burden of Title VII which forces funds to girl sports. Football is also at risk from lawsuits concerning head (and other injuries) which will become huge in the future. Plus the education system is tapping out. In many areas high schools have dropped almost everything but football and that only holds on because they force many students to pay, and also probably due to the fact it's the only reason a high percentage of black youts go to school. I'm hoping the direction to unionize catches hold because that will probably really bankrupt the system.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
There's really no reason for young men to go to college at all anymore, unless it is to go through the ridiculously long and grueling process to become doctors, lawyers and accountants. The "liberal arts" and most other majors, as well as most colleges and universities in general, are extremely hostile to White men. Why should they borrow tens of thousands of dollars, or their parents sacrifice by saving 80 or 100k and more to send them to a place that hates them and will at best grant them a mostly useless degree. Men who don't want to be doctors, lawyers or accountants should learn a good trade that will always be in demand such as plumbing, carpentry, various repairman and construction type trades, and IT related vocations.

Off topic but it saddens me the number of young men who still fall into lose/lose traps like Marriage 2.0 and College 2.0.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
There's really no reason for young men to go to college at all anymore, unless it is to go through the ridiculously long and grueling process to become doctors, lawyers and accountants. The "liberal arts" and most other majors, as well as most colleges and universities in general, are extremely hostile to White men. Why should they borrow tens of thousands of dollars, or their parents sacrifice by saving 80 or 100k and more to send them to a place that hates them and will at best grant them a mostly useless degree. Men who don't want to be doctors, lawyers or accountants should learn a good trade that will always be in demand such as plumbing, carpentry, various repairman and construction type trades, and IT related vocations.

Off topic but it saddens me the number of young men who still fall into lose/lose traps like Marriage 2.0 and College 2.0.

I agree with you Don for the young man who doesn't take his education seriously, he should learn a trade and not waste his time and money in college, however, I encouraged my children, to which I have 5 of them, to take school seriously and get as much education as you/we can afford. Their are numerous ways to pay for college without going into a lot of debt.

(Academic, Athletic, and Private Scholarships are out there.)

First, from a young age you need to really encourage your children to read, a lot! Second, stress why they need to take school seriously. If they listen and do well from an early age on into high school, they'll get much of their college paid for in scholarships. You just have to know where to look and of course you have to have good grades and character. Also, he/she can get an on campus job to help offset some of the cost. Third, thoroughly research the potential schools he/she wants to attend. Make sure it's not going to some school that's going to give you some useless degree. Find out how the university is rated on graduation rates, athlete's graduation rates, job potential, and what graduates are earning after they graduate and find a job. Many colleges, especially private schools have a great reputation for placing their graduates in well paying jobs immediately.

Yes, all kids aren't going to listen or have the potential, but those that don't are the ones who should find a good trade.

.....and yes they should shoot for the stars as far as a profession. Doctor, Lawyer, PA, Accountant, Pharmacy, etc., even going into education is not necessarily a bad thing if you can find a decent part of the country to teach, or become a principle or professor at a university.

Yes, off topic, but just speaking from experience. I know a lot of guys here are younger than me and I am just trying to help if they are starting a family or planning to.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Good advice Carolina Speed. Thanks for that post. I do think for certain fields - Doctor, lawyer, scientist, accountant, engineer etc. college is necessary. I totally agree that a great majority of the majors offered are an absolute joke and do not give a college graduate any sort of practical transiton into the real world. Any time they talk about college football players - they have majors like sociology, African american studies or sports managemt. It's a joke. Colleges just offer all of these majors to make money and keep affletes from failing out (and many still do). Colleges do not care about where a student ends up when they graduate, just that they were able to take your money for 4 years.

College as whole is being pushed because it is a lucrative money making scheme. High schools push directionless kids towards college and present it as the only answer and never seem to push kids to pursue learning a trade instead. Colleges in general are just left wing indoctrination factories. I agree with Don that they are not friendly to white males at all.

The sad reality is that most employers require a college degree for a job. If you go in with the correct mentality, know that it's all a game and you play your cards right than you can make it out ok. That was my experience anyway. After college I did feel a little bitterness that I was never offered the chance to be exposed to trades in high school.

Sorry to hijack the thread. AJ Pollock with a HR last night!

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Back to baseball!

The Kansas City fans are hijacking the ALL STAR voting, having 7 of their guys leading in the balloting. Ha ha writers in Detroit are having fits that Eric Hosner is ahead of the greatest player of all time Miguel Cabrera. The All Star game should not be a career achievement award, as happened with Jeter for years, but Cabrera is having a better year and like players at other positions is more deserving.

Funniest comment I read was that the fans of Kansas City would vote to have Omar Infante dropped from their starting line up but are still voting him in for the All Star game. The game should be just a fun exhibition but with the World Series home field on the line there are a lot of people saying that the player selection should be more important.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Harper, # 21 last night

Trout, #'s 17 and 18, Thurs. and Fri. Trout now tied for the AL lead!

Frazier, CIN. # 18

Davis, Bal. 13

Last edited:

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Harper goes 3 for 3 tonight including HR # 22.

Frazier, CIN. hits #'s 19 and 20!

Davis, BAL. # 14.

Fortitud3

Guru
Harper HR #24 and 57 RBI now. Only 1 for 4 today though, but they had 9 runs in the 1st inning and the Pirates didn't even get a run til the 9th.

Funny how much the DWFs hate him, especially saying he WANTS to be the best, but the love Wilson who thinks he CAN be the best.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Harper HR #24 and 57 RBI now. Only 1 for 4 today though, but they had 9 runs in the 1st inning and the Pirates didn't even get a run til the 9th.

Funny how much the DWFs hate him, especially saying he WANTS to be the best, but the love Wilson who thinks he CAN be the best.

Good early match-up today between the Giants and Nationals, 11:05 eastern as Bumgarner faces Strasburg. Buster Posey hits Strasburg well and also get to see Harper. Heading to the gym now so I can get back in time to catch some of the game!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
HR #25 for Harper. Just got walked, didn't like it either.

Yes Fortitd3. It's kind of a win lose. I want to see Bumgarner do well, but I also want Harper to hit well also. He seems to being fine since the hamstring issue. Bumgarner along with Kershaw not having their best of years. Kershaw after going 21-3 last year is 5-5 and Bumgarner is going to fall to respectable 8-5 unless the Giants can make a big comeback.

Like Harper and Trout hitting wise, Kershaw and Bumgarner are 2 of the best young pitchers in the game and have a realistic shot at winning 300 games, provide they stay healthy and have long careers.

Also, Strasburg after pitching very well in his last 2 starts, started well today, but had to leave with an injury in the 4th inning.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Mark Teixeira hits HR's number 21 and 22 and 384th and 385th of his career, tying him with Dwight Evans for 61st all time! Next up, Johnny Bench with 389.

Mike Trout hit his 23rd and 24th HR's of the season.

Last edited:

Shadowlight

Master
Billy Burns Oakland CF

Not sure he has been mentioned. If he was 21 years old he would be at the top of my list but he started late. I hope he continues his good work. He is a true ultra burner that helps wash that horrible taste of Dee Gordon and Billy Hamilton out of my system. While Gordon is having a great season his avg has been sliding. Meanwhile media hero Hamilton is batting around .220..