2015 MLB Season

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Kipinis had a down year last season and started this season off slow. He has been on fire the whole month of May though. We need more middle infielders to make an impact, especially at shortstop. I was hoping for big things from Miller and Owings who played well last year but has been moved over to 2b for the dbacks this season.

I might be a little bitter at Kipinis because I drafted him in fantasy baseball last year haha. He's a good player for the tribe though. He's a 20/20 guy with .300 ability though.

Right Leonardfan, I knew about Kipinis, but kind of lost track of him, because of his slow start. He had another good night going 3/5 and scoring 2 runs. BA. now up to .342.

Also today.....

Frazier, Cin. HR number 14

Donaldson, TOR. 13
Davis, BAL. 2(10)
Duda, NYM. 2(8)
Trumbo, AZ. 8

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Right Leonardfan, I knew about Kipinis, but kind of lost track of him, because of his slow start. He had another good night going 3/5 and scoring 2 runs. BA. now up to .342.

Also today.....

Frazier, Cin. HR number 14

Donaldson, TOR. 13
Davis, BAL. 2(10)
Duda, NYM. 2(8)
Trumbo, AZ. 8

Harper again! 18!

FootballDad

Hall of Famer

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Bryce Harper is currently the leading vote receiver in the All Star vote. Nice when the top vote-getter isn't just hype.

Yep., and to think he was voted the most overrated player by his peers before the season began. Harper 41%, Puig 15%. Hard for me to believe that his fellow players would even participate in the poll much less vote him overrated.

If it's true, I'm glad he's proving them wrong.

Could it have been money, nah, If that's the case Puig should have been voted 1st. Puig's numbers are half of Harper's with exception of BA., Harper has proven to be the superior player.

Puig's salary: 6 years 42 million

Harper's salary: 2 years 7.5 million

Who's overrated?

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
HR's so far today/tonight.....

Frazier, CIN. 16
Goldschmidt, AZ. 15
Trumbo, AZ. 9.... AZ still playing 17th inning

Donaldson, TOR. 15
Pederson, LA. 13
Vogt, OAK. 11

Trout playing tonight.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
HR's so far today/tonight.....

Frazier, CIN. 16
Goldschmidt, AZ. 15
Trumbo, AZ. 9.... AZ still playing 17th inning

Donaldson, TOR. 15
Pederson, LA. 13
Vogt, OAK. 11

Trout playing tonight.
Donaldson went on a Harper-like tear this past week, homering 6 times. He's now leading the AL in RBIs going into today. In addition to his prolific hitting, he is a great defensive player at the hot corner. Donaldson has been the best 3rd baseman in all of baseball this year, bar none. It's looking like Toronto got a steal as Brett Lawrie has not nearly been as good for Oakland.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Donaldson went on a Harper-like tear this past week, homering 6 times. He's now leading the AL in RBIs going into today. In addition to his prolific hitting, he is a great defensive player at the hot corner. Donaldson has been the best 3rd baseman in all of baseball this year, bar none. It's looking like Toronto got a steal as Brett Lawrie has not nearly been as good for Oakland.

He's also past Trout in leading the league in runs scored!

HR's last night.....

Teixeira, number 15 and 378 for his career and tied for 69th all time with Matt Williams.

Pederson, LAD. 14
Kershaw goes 3/4 and gets the win

Trout. LAA. 13.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Pederson up to 16!

Yessir. He had a HR in each game of a doubleheader. He also tripled.

Texas 3rd baseman Joey Gallo could be yet another star in the making. Gallo replaced the injured Adrian Beltre last night went 3/4, HR and 4 RBI in his MLB debut!

The future of MLB continues to look bright!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Yessir. He had a HR in each game of a doubleheader. He also tripled.

Texas 3rd baseman Joey Gallo could be yet another star in the making. Gallo replaced the injured Adrian Beltre last night went 3/4, HR and 4 RBI in his MLB debut!

The future of MLB continues to look bright!

Teixeira, NYY. HR number 16 tonight! He now leads the AL in RBI. 41.
Trout, LAA. HR # 14 in his first AB
Freeman, ATL. 2(9,10)
Votto, CIN. 10

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Pederson is ridiculous - what a promising rookie class with Bryant, Pederson and Gallo headlining it. The amazing thing is Harper is younger than all of them!

I hope we can get a few middle infielders into the league in the next few years that can make an impact. Crawford and Cosart have both been really good so far, Tulo has had a slow start. I like the kid Panik on the Giants as well.

PHillisFan

Master
Pederson is ridiculous - what a promising rookie class with Bryant, Pederson and Gallo headlining it. The amazing thing is Harper is younger than all of them!

I hope we can get a few middle infielders into the league in the next few years that can make an impact. Crawford and Cosart have both been really good so far, Tulo has had a slow start. I like the kid Panik on the Giants as well.

Agreed. Although if you told me Bryant wouldn't be leading the rookie class in homers I wouldn't believe you. Bryant has had ups and downs, but I believe his OBP is very high.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Yasiel who? Lol

Freethinker

Hall of Famer

Brandon Crawford has been the best SS in all of baseball this year. He has the highest WAR and it's not even close. He's also tied for the most homers and leads with RBIs.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The 2015 draft starts Monday - It looks like three of the top position players are white short stops. As
usual white pitchers are stacked in this years draft. It's the exact opposite of the NFL and NBA.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
The 2015 draft starts Monday - It looks like three of the top position players are white short stops. As
usual white pitchers are stacked in this years draft. It's the exact opposite of the NFL and NBA.

Good stuff Leonardfan!

Currently in MLB: 7 of the top 10 HR leaders are white. Harper hit his ML leading 19th today!

If Nolan Arenado is white 7 of the top 10 RBI leaders are white!

5 of the 10 BA. leaders are white.

Trout leads the AL in WAR with Kipnis second.
Harper leads the NL in WAR with Goldschmidt second.... in fact

The first 7 MLB leaders in WAR are white! Harper, Goldschmidt, Trout, Kipnis, Donaldson, Rizzo, and AJ Pollock are the first 7!

Pitching, with the exception of Felix Hernandez and Colon is being dominated by white players.

Leading the way are Cole, PIT., Wacha, STL., Keuchel, HOU., Gray, OAK., Buehrle, TOR., Sherzer, WA., Bumgarner, SF., Kershaw, LA, etc. too many to name!

All of this despite the PTB pushing their agenda.

Amazing what our guys are doing in MLB.

Last edited:

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I like to watch the Cardinals when they are on my limited cable TV package. Then I can talk about the games with my father in law. It is pretty cool to see them doing so well so far this year, especially since they have a lot of good White talent!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The 2015 MLB Draft is going on right now. The top 3 picks are all white short stops:

1. Dansby Swanson - Vanderbilt - Diamondbacks
2. Alex Bregman - LSU - Astros
3. Brendan Rogers - High Schooler - Colorado

What a contrast to the NFL/NBA. I wonder if all of the talented white athletes are choosing the baseball route - their seems to be a big surge in young white talent in the MLB and this first round is full of white players.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
In a surprising early season deal Mike Trumbo has been traded to the Seattle Mariners.

The article linked below is from SB nation which never has anything good to say about any white athlete and mostly raves about Yasmany Tomas who had to have a position so that's why the D-backs traded Trumbo to open one up for him. More blather about Trumbo being a bad defensive player, as if that ever comes in to play with a slugger. They insist he is just coming to the AL to be a DH and are bummed out when the Mariners GM says he will play all over.

A deal for a player of Trumbo's caliber at this junction of the season is extremely rare.

http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2015/6/3/8726135/mark-trumbo-dealt-to-seattle

Plus Trumbo the D-Backs will also send reliever Vidal Nuno in exchange for right-handed pitcher Dominic Leone, former Cubs catcher Wellington Castillo, infield prospect Jack Reinheimer, and outfield prospect Gabriel Guerrero (Vladimir Guerrero's nephew). It seems that Leone will be Nuno's immediate replace, while Reinheimer and Guerrero will probably be assigned to AA, where they're currently playing.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Jeez, the MLB Commissioner was just touting the number of African Americans drafted when being interviewed and how programs are working for that. Give me a break.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Jeez, the MLB Commissioner was just touting the number of African Americans drafted when being interviewed and how programs are working for that. Give me a break.

I've noticed that as well. Diversity, a **** you to the white RACE!! Whenever things are perceived as "too white" immediate actions are taken for change.