2015 Free Agency Thread

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The hated Christian Ponder just signed with the Raiders. God help him.

The Raiders will likely cut Matt Schaub now and save his $5 million salary. Has there ever been a well-established quarterback whose career declined and (apparently ended) as fast as Schaub's other than from age? Schaub is still just 33, not old for a QB. He was viewed as a very solid second-tier quarterback as recently as 2012 before he started regularly throwing pick-sixes in '13.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The hated Christian Ponder just signed with the Raiders. God help him.

Carr has solidified his position as the starting QB after a very good under the radar rookie season. Ponder is the number 2 guy, I hope he has been able to develop some and given a chance to start again down the road. He was never given a fair chance in Minnesota.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Wow! Walterfootball posted that Jordan Cameron signed with the Browns again and then I posted it here. My mistake! Maybe he will do better there with Tannehill. A 1000 yard season is not out of the question if he stats healthy.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Bills sign Percy Harvin, who is on a different team every season. Harvin instantly displaces Chris Hogan as Buffalo's third receiver because of his limitless "upside." It's almost as sure a bet as death and taxes that Harvin will get injured during the '15 season, if he doesn't play himself off the team first through his prima donna, locker room cancer schtick, but I worry that Hogan will get cut during training camp and thus not get the chance to take over from Harvin when that happens.

Hogan has proven that he's the one with lots of upside, but he could easily be out of the Caste NFL if the Bills cut him.

Sport

..No, homosexuality is of Satan not Jews!....
Good old Carolina always can count on him.
Missed you and your zealous beliefs.
If God exists as you believe than he created ALL.

I love the signing of Scott Chandler. Put up godly numbers when healthy. Especially in the red zone. Huge target.
With his signing the resigning of Devlin. Letting Vareen walk, having a 100% healthy Gaffney. Having Brady one year older. I expect to see more of a move back toward the power run. Excited to see the Pats again next year with what I expect to be two more consistent white contributors.

Also think Alonsoe in Philly will be great. The pace Philadelphia plays on Kiko will be on the field a lot. He has a great nose for the ball and will have huge turmover numbers next year.

Good To see everyone. Especially Thrashen. Looked for you on the web while CF was down.
I posted as "Schaaf" in the past.

Westside

Hall of Famer

I love the signing of Scott Chandler. Put up godly numbers when healthy. Especially in the red zone. Huge target.
With his signing the resigning of Devlin. Letting Vareen walk, having a 100% healthy Gaffney. Having Brady one year older. I expect to see more of a move back toward the power run. Excited to see the Pats again next year with what I expect to be two more consistent white contributors.

Also think Alonsoe in Philly will be great. The pace Philadelphia plays on Kiko will be on the field a lot. He has a great nose for the ball and will have huge turmover numbers next year.

Good To see everyone. Especially Thrashen. Looked for you on the web while CF was down.

Kinda of out of it. Don't know what to make of this poster. I'll see what CFers make out of it tomorrow.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Kinda of out of it. Don't know what to make of this poster. I'll see what CFers make out of it tomorrow.

He's a good poster from before. Believe he's an atheist which is why he took an unnecessary shot at Carolina Speed's Christianity.

Sport

He's a good poster from before. Believe he's an atheist which is why he took an unnecessary shot at Carolina Speed's Christianity.
Don that was not a "shot." I was not being snarky. Carolina and I have had very vigorous discussions in the past. And my comment was not ironic at all. I don't think Carolina would take issue with me describing his beliefs as zealous. If you do bud I did not intend to offend.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer

Glad to hear from you SchaafC or is it Sport now. I guess it is. Anyway, that was my short answer about Satan. I missed you and your beliefs also. I believe in an eternal spiritual existence that created "ALL." You believe in eternal dirt or dust or whatever. As I've always said about atheists, they have more faith than I do, to believe what they believe. I don't have enough faith to be an atheist.

I won't take up anymore time on this thread. If you want to debate God and Satan, good and evil, start a thread and we'll go at it.

I was just trying to back Craig James as a fellow Christian.

It's interesting that atheist's such as yourself hate Christians. You're in the same boat with Cultural Marxists. You have more in common with Jews and (liberals) that run our media, own football and basketball teams, own Hollywood, etc. The same people you hate they hate. You believe a lot of what they believe!

Which side are you on?

Sport

Glad to hear from you SchaafC or is it Sport now. I guess it is. Anyway, that was my short answer about Satan. I missed you and your beliefs also. I believe in an eternal spiritual existence that created "ALL." You believe in eternal dirt or dust or whatever. As I've always said about atheists, they have more faith than I do, to believe what they believe. I don't have enough faith to be an atheist.

I won't take up anymore time on this thread. If you want to debate God and Satan, good and evil, start a thread and we'll go at it.

I was just trying to back Craig James as a fellow Christian.

It's interesting that atheist's such as yourself hate Christians. You're in the same boat with Cultural Marxists. You have more in common with Jews and (liberals) that run our media, own football and basketball teams, own Hollywood, etc. The same people you hate they hate. You believe a lot of what they believe!

Which side are you on?
Talk about a shot. This board specifically this thread is not for this type of personal attacks. You know that Carolina. And I'm not going to continue this nonsense. You clearly took what I said earlier as an insult, and as I've clearly stated that's not what it was intended to be. Obviously you harbor some animosity toward me and I mistook the standing of our internet relationship. It won't happen again. Now, care to discuss football?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Andrew Gachkar signs with the Cowboys.

Bengals sign Michael Johnson who fleeced the Bucs last year with a big free agent deal only to be released a year later.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
With Jimmy Graham traded, I was startled in a good way to see this on Weenieworld:

Saints coach Sean Payton gushed over rising third-year TE Josh Hill at his season-ending press conference, calling Hill "exactly what we're looking for." The starting tight end job in New Orleans is Hill's to lose following Jimmy Graham's departure. Hill led the Saints in 2014 special teams tackles and has six touchdown catches on 30 career targets. "He's exactly what we're looking for," said Payton with a wide grin, several months before the Graham trade. "Each week you know exactly what you're gonna get. He's talented, he can run, he's young. He's consistent. Those are things that allow you to win." Payton also discussed Hill's eye-opening Pro Day measurables. If your Dynasty league has open offseason waivers, stop what you're doing and pick Hill up.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Pretty surprising news indeed. I still remember the treatment Mike Hass received in New Orleans though (that was the final straw and what really opened my eyes to the caste system), granted it was at the WR position rather than TE position. The Saints were a huge disappointment last year, had a coal black defense filled with coal black players that comprised one of the worst defensive units in the league. No one is going to connect the dots though and wonder why their defense was so bad.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
With Jimmy Graham traded, I was startled in a good way to see this on Weenieworld:

Saints coach Sean Payton gushed over rising third-year TE Josh Hill at his season-ending press conference, calling Hill "exactly what we're looking for." The starting tight end job in New Orleans is Hill's to lose following Jimmy Graham's departure. Hill led the Saints in 2014 special teams tackles and has six touchdown catches on 30 career targets. "He's exactly what we're looking for," said Payton with a wide grin, several months before the Graham trade. "Each week you know exactly what you're gonna get. He's talented, he can run, he's young. He's consistent. Those are things that allow you to win." Payton also discussed Hill's eye-opening Pro Day measurables. If your Dynasty league has open offseason waivers, stop what you're doing and pick Hill up.

I’ve been wondering if the Saints were going to stand pat with Josh Hill. Every chance he has gotten, he has made plays. With two first round picks, it might be a possibility that they grab a tight end. Josh Hill and Maxx Williams would make a great duo. Here’s prissy Sean Payton on Josh:

[video=youtube;ajarz3T0gzA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajarz3T0gzA[/video]

L

Lew

No, homosexuality is of Satan not Jews!

Hats off to Craig James! That's Satan's job to divide. If he can divide he can conquer, however, his(Satan's) time is only temporary!

"And the devil, who DECEIVED them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur....Revelation 20:10.

I disagree with you Lew. Not all Jews promote homosexuality! The Bible does not promote homosexuality and it was written predominately by Jews inspired by God !
Satan is made up, the Jews are real. The bible wasnt written by Jews either. Otherwise they probably wouldn't hate Christianity so much

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Satan is made up, the Jews are real. The bible wasnt written by Jews either. Otherwise they probably wouldn't hate Christianity so much

Right Lew???? If Satan is made up, the Ten Commandments are made up, then the Bible is made up, which I'm sure you believe, (that it's made up), Where do you get your morality from? Yourself?

I guess everything's made up, Aristotle, Socrates, any ancient writings are made up. I guess nothing's real. Is CF real? What's not made up Lew? What's real?

Why don't some of you guys who are secular humanist, atheist, or whatever you are,( believe), begin another thread on Happy Hour, instead of throwing out what you don't believe on the football thread?

We'll debate it there!

Again, Hats off to Craig James for standing up!

CTKing

Apparently tim tebow is working out for the eagles. I know its probably a long shot for him to start in the nfl again right away but even just having him back in the league would be awesome.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I just read the eagles are bringing tebow in for a workout. It is of course being met with ridicule even though tebows skill set is what all the so called experts are certain is the correct fit for chip Kelly's offense.

Id love to see Tebow back in the NFL in any capacity. I still think he would be a very good running back.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Apparently tim tebow is working out for the eagles. I know its probably a long shot for him to start in the nfl again right away but even just having him back in the league would be awesome.

I just read the eagles are bringing tebow in for a workout. It is of course being met with ridicule even though tebows skill set is what all the so called experts are certain is the correct fit for chip Kelly's offense.

Id love to see Tebow back in the NFL in any capacity. I still think he would be a very good running back.

That ought to send Stephen A. Smiff over the top. Medication should be close by.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
True wtf moment

Yes just another piece of bad news in a bleak year for the NFL. I really thought Borland was going to be a beast for the next decade in the NFL. It's a shame and blow to our cause.

Hopefully most of the "draftable" white LB prospects do get picked up by a team. I really thought Borland was an eye opening talent who would help the cause of white lbs.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Borland's reason to retire makes perfect sense, if one wants a quality of life after football. Who wants brain trauma, and the consequence of stumbling around, no short term memory, relying on friends family to live. Not knowing how to get home. Screw that.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Borland's reason to retire makes perfect sense, if one wants a quality of life after football. Who wants brain trauma, and the consequence of stumbling around, no short term memory, relying on friends family to live. Not knowing how to get home. Screw that.

Totally agree with his mindset that his health and well being should come first. It just really stinks from a caste perspective as he is a young talented player.