2014 World Cup Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance England will change from their 7 whites, 4 blacks quota lineup?
English media and English fans seem to be in favour of benching their white star Wayne Rooney and using him as a sub henceforth. It seems many of the English fans are blaming Rooney for the loss, and seem to be super happy with their all black attackers (Sterling, Sturridge especially). So if anything I'd expect England to get darker. I'm hoping Uruguay beats them.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
For me, 8 whites is a big threshold. 8 or more starters and I can cheer for them pretty comfortably. So, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands and Portugal (and, of course, Croatia, Bosnia and Russia) are fine with me. The US, France, Belgium and England are not unless they play an African side.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Of course, I support Spain and Aussie but they are already gone. I also have no problems cheering for Argentina and Uruguay. It goes without saying that I don't like the stupid Balotelli hype or the number of mulatto subs for Holland. I am especially troubled by Boatang for Germany as he is without question a weak point and is only starting because they need to show one black starter.

frederic38

Hall of Famer
Not too much to care about in today’s games. In “Group C,â€￾ a draw between Ivory Coast and Colombia, or a loss for Colombia, would help Greece advance. Then Greece needs to take care of business against Japan.

not really
colombia will win i think
then greece must win or draw against japan and win against ivory coast
anyways greece will most likely compete against ivory coast to advance
so in the colombia-ivory coast game the best result would be a colombia victory

By the by, FIFA has launched an "official investigation" into Mexican fans who were chanting anti-gay slogans during the Mexico-Cameroon match. Fines, criminal charges, and prosecution is forthcoming. Russian and Croatian fans displaying far-right banners at matches may also fall under investigatioon. But I wonder if FIFA will investigate the negro Cameroonian assaulting the white Croatian? You can bet if the races were reversed the white man would be fined and probably be issued a lifetime ban from FIFA.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
If you can't refer to black soccer players without violating the posting guidelines, then don't mention them at all or I will begin deleting offending posts.

Also, stay on topic. Discussions about 9/11, Islam, Jews, etc. belong in Happy Hour, not on a soccer thread.

frederic38

Hall of Famer
so far it has been a nightmare for african teams
cameroon got their 6th world cup defeat in a row (i think it must be a record) and they are already out
nigeria did a draw against iran :doh:
ghana lost their first game too, and it was against the weakest team of the group
only ivory coast managed to win against japan
i hope they lose tonight against colombia

then maybe the number of african teams at the world cup will decrease, or atleast stop increasing

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Isn't it a bit ridiculous that solid teams like Poland, Ukraine and Sweden are home yet third-raters like Cameroon, Nigeria and Honduras are in the World Cup?

frederic38

Hall of Famer
Isn't it a bit ridiculous that solid teams like Poland, Ukraine and Sweden are home yet third-raters like Cameroon, Nigeria and Honduras are in the World Cup?

there are obviously too many teams from central america , asia and africa
and there should bemore teams from south america and europe
look at what paraguay (6 million inhabitants) did in the last world cups:

1998: they got out of the groupstages and lost narrowly to france in overtime
2002: they got out of the group stages and lost narrowly to germany in theround of 16
2006: they didin't manage to get out of their group
2010: they went as far as the quarter finals and almost beat spain

for an african team getting out of the groupstage happens every century

and paraguay are not in this world cup

frederic38

Hall of Famer
also at the last world cup slovakia for example got out of their group ahead of italy, and they are not at this world cup either

frederic38

Hall of Famer
seriously, tonight i'm going to check, cameroon must have broke a record with 6 defeats in a row at world cups
saudi arabia will be close but i remember they did a draw in 1998

davidholly

Mentor
The World Cup is just another excuse to give aid money to African countries.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
African teams are always terrible at taking and defending set pieces. Nice to see Columbia's goal come from a mestizo. Seems like their better players are all the guys who lack in the "upside department".

Haha, as I type this another mestizo scores. Ivory Coast looks shot.

Edit: spoke too soon. One of our favorites from the "horrible black misses" tread actually managed to score. :scared:

Last edited:

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Now a White guy comes on for Columbia. Does anyone (maybe fredric) know how many Whites Columbia has on their roster?

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
A good result as it now clears the way for Greece. And all the African teams will likely miss out on the next round.

Thanks for the reply.

The sub I was referring to is Santiago Arias:

Santiago+Arias+jnglYC-WdFBm.jpg

I quit watching after the 30 minute mark.
And while I've never even heard of this Santiago Arias,a quick search tells me that he is indeed the whitest of the Colombian contingent.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Not me. As it goes along we will see Germany, Italy, Argentina and probably Netherlands make it very far. Even Brazil is not very black this year. I don't see France making it very far either. I am still looking/hoping for a surprise from Russia, Croatia or Greece.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
England deserves to lose for not starting Jack Wilshere. Also, what do they expect with Welbeck, Sturridge and Sterling as their attackers? Those clowns can only score the simplest of goals. The English coach should be tared and feather for his stupidity.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
I was over in England when they hired Hodgson. Was seen as a surprise pick. Not much enthusiasm for him.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I was over in England when they hired Hodgson. Was seen as a surprise pick. Not much enthusiasm for him.
I can see why. He won't play his young and dynamic guys like Wilshere, Adam Lallana or Luke Shaw. He also won't play a proven veteran in Lampard who knows how to put the ball in the net. He's putting too much faith also in the Liverpool contingent.

Status
Not open for further replies.