2013 NFL Draft

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Seeing how the Cardinals screwed Urban over, it looks like a bad fit. Urban was their best receiver outside of Fitzgerald. He had size and speed which the league supposedly covets. They will probably bury Swope on the depth chart behind loser Andre Roberts and the guy who will be a huge bust Michael Floyd.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
If headcase Michael Floyd turns out to be a bust, Swope might have a chance there. Having Carson Palmer as his QB helps, as does Larry Fitzgerald drawing double teams. Hopefully Housler will come on strong.

Andre Roberts is pedestrian. We'll have to see if they view Swope as a slot or outside receiver.

dwid

Hall of Famer
If headcase Michael Floyd turns out to be a bust, Swope might have a chance there. Having Carson Palmer as his QB helps, as does Larry Fitzgerald drawing double teams. Hopefully Housler will come on strong.

Andre Roberts is pedestrian. We'll have to see if they view Swope as a slot or outside receiver.

his best shot is in the slot right now, Floyd is going to get every chance to prove himself. Swope played alot in the slot at Texas A&M, but they moved him around. If they truly were concerned about concussion issues they would play him on the outside.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer

My comparison of Swope is a slighty bigger and faster Reggie Wayne. Wayne played on the outside and was very successful.

I wish my prediction on Swope going undrafted came true. Arizona?!? Damn...

dwid

Hall of Famer
My comparison of Swope is a slighty bigger and faster Reggie Wayne. Wayne played on the outside and was very successful.

but if they stick him in the slot to start out, its going to be almost impossible to get them to put him on the outside. With them just drafting Floyd it seems to be a strong possibility. He will be the fastest player on the team, he could be a Percy Harvin type player. Larry Fitz isn't known for speed, Stepfan Taylor, the back they just drafted isn't known for speed, a 4.76 40.

and now dwfs are saying he is a few hits away from having brain damage....geez the lies that get repeated over and over get so overblown and people never question and accept them.

L

Lew

CONCUSION SLOT SMALL HANDS

they must have said those words a million times just now on BSPN when talking about Swope.

dwid

Hall of Famer
whoever is posting on Sports hoopla, please mention that none of the concussions Swope had were serious, he never missed a game due to one, and only one game he was pulled out of, and then after the tests they realized it wasn't as serious as they thought. Still can't figure out where the 4th one came from, but others he came back to play in the same game and made some catches. More like minor bell ringers than serious concussions, stuff that most players don't report. Guys on special teams get those all the time. Ironic that he will probably have to play special teams and then be forced into the slot. Yeah they are really concerned about his health.

Truthteller

Mentor
Seeing how the Cardinals screwed Urban over, it looks like a bad fit. Urban was their best receiver outside of Fitzgerald. He had size and speed which the league supposedly covets. They will probably bury Swope on the depth chart behind loser Andre Roberts and the guy who will be a huge bust Michael Floyd.

In fairness, we have to wait and see how this plays out. Don't forget, this team finally ditched their longtime, black supremacist GM after the 2012 season, who was probably the main culprit behind the make up of their roster the last 10 years, or so.

I think, at one point, soon after their ex-GM hired his good buddy Dennis Green (who is also rabidly anti-white players), the Cards once had an entirely black rookie class -- all black draft picks, plus all black free agents. An all black draft class isn't really rare at all. But even the most rabid anti-white teams (i.e the current Steelers & Seahawks) generally sign at least one or two white UFA's...Even if they are just kickers or centers that are brought in as pre-season practice chumps.

That said, it's gotta be a "wait-and-see" scenario with the current Cards, as we don't know a lot about rookie GM Steve Keim and recently hired HC Bruce Arians. As many on this site have noted, this team has been traditionally "white hostile" since they moved from St. Louis. So it's been a long while since they've been unwatchable.

Another quick point: Thrilled the Vikings drafted a quality punter. Hopefully, this is the end of road for A1-@sswhole/Gay Marriage advocate Chris Kluwe. He can join Scott Fujita, Eric Winston and that black fullback Baltimore cut as full time, honorary homos...heck, wouldn't be surprised if the entire group comes "out of the closet", together, soon?

dwid

Hall of Famer
I would have preferred something like "can't wait to show everyone what I am capable of" or "what teams missed out on" "making a significant impact at wideout"" something along those lines. At least he didn't say "id play waterboy if it helps the team"

On Ryan Swope: "he gets somewhat stereotyped as an inside receiver. I don't think it's fair to the kid. I had a third round grade on him. But because of the concussions he drops down to the 6th round. But I think they got real value there" --Mike Mayock.

The "the concussions" should be replaced with "his white skin."

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I don't think we will hit a 25 percent rate for draft picks this year. This could be the blackest draft in years unless round 7 really turns things around. The league is going in the same direction as the NBA, refusing to draft white prospects.

TwentyTwo

Master
Burkhead 6th round to Bengals...he will give Green-Ellis a run for his money...book it! I realize they hosed Leonard...but this is a different animal!

Riddlewire

Master
He's not behind Green-Ellis, he's behind the other RB they already drafted. Burkhead will never get significant carries for the Bengals, unless an injury situation develops.

TwentyTwo

Master
John Boyett to Colts...McGay says "not the fastest or best athlete"... "but good recognition; great ball skills"....then old dude said he replaces Tommy Zbikowski...the classic "overachiever"...i'd like to slap the spit out of his mouth!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Yeh, Rex was drafted to take over the Brian Leonard role. But if Bernard is injured or is a flop, and the Law Firm is one of the worst starting RBs. . .

Bengals and Eagles have had the two Whitest drafts or close to it, while Houston, Green Bay and Denver have gone almost completely coal black.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
John Boyett to Colts...McGay says "not the fastest or best athlete"... "but good recognition; great ball skills"....then old dude said he replaces Tommy Zbikowski...the classic "overachiever"...i'd like to slap the spit out of his mouth!

McGay was downing Burkhead's athleticism also. Meantime he has elite measurables in everything but straight line speed and is an excellent runner.

At least Bill Polian said there would be no dropoff from Green-Ellis to Burkhead.