2013 European Indoor Track & Field Championships

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I just wanted to start a thread for next weekends huge 2013 Euro Indoor Champs. It should be hotly contested and I'm hoping to possibly see a few more personal bests by many of the stars with follow along with hopefully some medals. The mens 60 meters will be one of the events to really watch but there is so much talent in all of the events. Hoping we will have live streaming action of all three days. The shotput is on Thursday but all of the other events are Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

greyghost

Mentor
tips

cmon guys have some fun...tips and surprises please .......mine are 1..tumi 2.rodriguez ..3.. reus :rockon::rockon::rockon: over 60 meters ....female ..1.sailer..2..lovely lalalalalaovaaaaaa..3..ryemyen ,oh yummy ukrainian :rockon::rockon::rockon:, and gregan over 400meters ...and shubenkov over 60 meters with the german hurdler getting 3rd.......now there !!!!!!!!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Haha. Good pics greyghost. I agree on the womens sprints and the order exept I have Ryemen taking 2nd and LaLova 3rd. Man are all three of these girl sexy or what? As Homer Simpson says wooohooooo. As for the men. I will say that Tumi wins and he would be the first italian to win the euro indoor sprint title in 30 years! I have Vicaut 2nd and Reus in 3rd. I see new personal bests by all three of these guys. It would be cool if Rodriguez did medal though since it might be his last euro indoors. He is having a great season.

I think the russians will take two of the three medals in the hurdles with a frenchman taking the silver.

The pole vault and long jump should be great. I would like to see Christian Reif of Germany continue his fine jumping and take the gold. For the women I have to go with one of my many girlfriends, D. Klishina!:washing:

Hey guys. As a track and field fan I was wondering what people thought of the lack of an indoor 200 meter Caucasian runner.
It seems like Jeremy Wariner and Finland's John Astrand are the only 2 guys of note right now.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
The indoor 200m is becoming a thing of the past.
They don't have this event at the European or World Championships. The reason being that because of the tight turns on an indoor track, the person with the outside lane usually wins. Thus the event has been deemed unfair.
So runners are not focused on this event during the indoor season.

greyghost

Mentor
white medals

yo WL , love the washing machine :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:, and i gotta agree with the tips .and i know you dig miss sailer:love::love:.... ...note to the young man on about the indoor 200 . look up kevin little world champs.paris bercy the greek 1997 over 200 , he hammers ato boldon into pulling out ......also papadias over 60 meters takes the gold home !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....

greyghost

Mentor
shubenkov over 60 h. and maslak over 400 are both looking good .. both fast times in heats ....dark horses possibly shabanov over 60 h ....and strachan in the 400..:thumbsup:

greyghost

Mentor
have to say at last the time table is prudent in relation to 60 meter sprints , rather then very early starts, at last officials have used their heads , as better 60meter performances will come later in the day :thumbsup:now their are less excuses for lads to run quick times....

greyghost

Mentor
to quick for me lactatkng :wave:, shubenkov excellent ...... yanit n the womens 60 h.

greyghost

Mentor
reus and tumi both looking good over 60 m qualification , both capable of taking a medal....vicaut will be dangerous ..and thankfully the cheat chambers didnt even qualify ...... cimpeanu the rumanian also looked good ..finishing well in his heat .......its amazing to think that a german hasnt won a major sprint individual medal since 2002 in the euro outdoor over 400m...but i feel reus will rectify this with a new pb.!!!!!!...dont know where a.d. rodriguez is ...dont think collio will do much.............. also take note of the slovak zavacky who is still only 20yrs, for the future.. :couch2::dance::dance:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
reus and tumi both looking good over 60 m qualification , both capable of taking a medal....vicaut will be dangerous ..and thankfully the cheat chambers didnt even qualify ...... cimpeanu the rumanian also looked good ..finishing well in his heat .......its amazing to think that a german hasnt won a major sprint individual medal since 2002 in the euro outdoor over 400m...but i feel reus will rectify this with a new pb.!!!!!!...dont know where a.d. rodriguez is ...dont think collio will do much.............. also take note of the slovak zavacky who is still only 20yrs, for the future.. :couch2::dance::dance:

What happened to Rodriguez from Spain?
one of the leaders in the event, but he didn't run....

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Congrats to Shubenkov! For anyone that doubt that he is the best 60 meters hurdles man in the world, look at his performances over
the last day and a half of competition against Europes best competition. He ran 7.52, 7.52 and 7.49! I acutally think his best race might
have been the second one where he was almost last out of the blocks and hit a hurdle yet still won in a time of 7.52 seconds. Simply
amazing. Remember this kid ran 13.09 twice outdoors last summer. He is destined to go sub 13. Screw the jinx. It has to happen. He is
that good. Speed, power and form as good as Liu Xiang.

Our guys look great for the final of the 60 but it all will come down to their starts. There is no room for error in a 60 with a stacked field
like tommorow. I still think Tumi will pull it out but it's probably gonna be between him and Vicaut. Reus should medal but he could do win
gold if he gets the perfect start. I think Reus is as good as a starter as Vicaut but needs to have everything go perfect. I have to give credit to Simone Collio for at least making the final. If I had Lalova as my girlfriend, how do you still have the energy to train.:biggrin:

Looking forward to tommorow! It's been alot of fun so far.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I thought I would post the results from that blazing 60 meters hurdles final.

60m Hurdles Men Final Finished
01.03.2013 19:45

Startlist
Rank Bib Athlete Nation Reaction time Result
1 249 SHUBENKOV, Sergey RUS 7.49 WL

2 163 DAL MOLIN, Paolo ITA 7.51 NR

3 94 MARTINOT LAGARDE, Pascal FRA 7.53 =PB

4 142 BAJI, Balázs HUN 7.56 =NR

5 119 BALNUWEIT, Erik GER 7.58 PB

6 21 LYNSHA, Maksim BLR 7.58 PB

7 136 DOUVALÃ￾DIS, Konstadínos GRE 7.64 =SB

8 247 SHABANOV, Konstantin RUS 7.66

Another thing that made me very proud was the performances of Balazs Baji of Hungary and Erik Balnuweit of Germany. They are both guys to also keep a close eye on in the future! Balazs said a new national record for Hungary and he is long and lean like the silver medalist from France. Erik Balnuweit is built more like Shavanov. He is put together. You can't count out Shabanov either and all this was with Pozzi and Clarke not even there. The future of the mens 110 hurdles is as bright as ever.:icon_grin:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Just a little more info. For anyone that missed these races or even the full days races, just go to the link and scroll down to the bottom
of the page. They have full event replays or you can watch the whole days competitions on demand. It's great that they offered this and it's all free. It doesn't get any better than that.

Here is to Michael Tumi and Julien Reus making the medal stand tommorow. Come on guys. Make us proud. I want to see a time in the
high 6.40s and a gold for Tumi! Looking forward to watching the 400 meters men and the start of the womens 60 heats as well as many other events.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I would love Tumi to get the gold. He looks strong; but Vicaut will be hard to beat. Reus has a decent chance for 3rd and Cimpeanu from Romania, also has an outside chance.
We'll have a better idea after the semi-finals.

Also I'm excited about the men's 400m.
Both the Pavels - Pavel Maslak from Czech and Pavel Trinikhin from Russia - looked great, and were the 2 leaders from all the heats.
Richard Strachan from Great Britain and Brian Gregan from Ireland also look like medal contenders.

Last edited:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
What happened to Rodriguez from Spain?
one of the leaders in the event, but he didn't run....

Rodriguez pulled a groin muscle at the Spanish championships, and wasn't able to compete here. Too bad. He had looked great this season, and run a best time of 6.55.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's a shame to hear about Rodriguez after his monster indoor season he was having. Father time can be cruel. I remember Simone Collio made the European 100 Meter Finals and had to pull up with an injury right when the race started.

I wanted to say one more time how impressed I am with Shubenov. I rewatched the race again and his start in the semi finals and finals were way below par. He was trailing by quite a bit but he has the explosiveness and speed to not only catch up by pass everyone. I wonder what kind of times he could run in the 100? I don't want him to switch though as he is built for the hurdles. Incredible to run a 7.49 after a bad start. Never would have thought that was possible. He could have ran a 7.45 with a better start. No one on the planet can touch that in my opinion. Here's a early toast to him breaking that magical 13 second mark and being known around the world as a top 5 hurdler in the world!