2011 NBA SEASON

j41181

Master
OK what have I seen so far....

Toronto Raptors - My doubts for Bargnani have vanished thanks to his back to back 20 point games. Rebounding so far is his real issue and he'll address that as season goes along. Kleiza is clearly making a triumphant return to the otherwise PRO-BLACK league. He is free from the constraints that is Denver. Look for Bargnani and Kleiza to enjoy a great scoring season. But I fear the way the Knicks broke the Lee-Gallo tandem might happen to the Bargnani-Kleiza tandem. Enjoy these two while it last. Long standing NBA rule, ONE TOKEN WHITE PLAYER PER TEAM.

Jose Calderon is in a deep hole, he played brilliant in his last 2 seasons, but injuries have really slowed him. That enabled Jarret Jack to easily that the starting PG spot from Calderon. But he's still capable one of the better PG in the league if healthy.

Orlando Magic - It's clear Van Gundy has little or no faith in the team's promising white players (Gortat, Redick, and Anderson). Redick (one of the few white SGs left in the NBA) is a multi talent (shoot, pass, defense) he can be among the most efficient if given more playing time. If playing so well against the Boston Celtics in the playoffs (2009 & 2010), doesn't give Redick greater role in the teams rotation, it's clear he needs to leave Orlando. Gortat and Anderson are clearly underused due to both Howard and Lewis. Gortat is a very athletic & skilled bigman who could rival Howard (more minutes will prove this), but that won't happen in 15-20 minutes. Anderson is extremely talented (inside-outside game), but Van Gundy won't play him much because of Lewis experience and better defense (yeah right). Orlando is clearly wasting these 3 young & talented whites.

LA Lakers - You got your token lone white superstar in Gasol (franchise player too), but many will always view him as a No. 2 (no surprise). He's the best white player outside Dirk & Nash. Thanks to his off season rest, he'll start very strong (about first 40 games) with several Lakers (including Kobe) injured or playing hurt. Blake is a welcome addition, he and Shannon Brown make a solid back-up duo. I don't see Vujacic playing much with the addition of Matt Barnes. This team is worth watching thanks to Gasol and Blake.

Dallas Mavericks - What else is there to say about Dirk (the closet to another Bird)? He'll have another solid year thanks to another long off season rest. But, by exiting the 1st round 3 times in the last four years, and by being among the oldest teams, don't expect much from Dallas. Dirk will have the numbers, JJ Barea will put in good numbers off the bench. You can also expect Cuban's BIG MOUTH to hurt the Mavs in many situations (especially in the playoffs). This is Dirk's team.

Phoenix Suns - Since Amare is gone, the Suns look more white friendly with Turkoglu's addition. There's still Nash (ageless wonder), to go with an improving Dragic, and healthy Robin Lopez (also improving). It'll be exciting to watch the Suns this year. Nash will put in the numbers, but he's so turnover prone.

New Jersey Nets - Very much improved they are, and led by an ever improving Brook Lopez. I dunno the view of others, but he's clearly white (to me). He's 75% white blood, has no tattoos, and acts well behaved. Back to the team, Troy Murphy is a welcome addition who will fit it right away once healthy. Still wish he stayed with Indiana (but that will make the team too white I guess). Still, it's a nice return for Murphy to his home-state (he's from Morristown, New Jersey).

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Great scouting report. I think Goran Dragic of the Suns is going to be an All Star. He has to wait another year or two for Nash to retire but it's a shame. He has all of the talent in the world. The kid can do it all and he is fearless. Watch out for this kid!

j41181

Master
Minnesota TimberWolves - Easily the team to watch for (CF perspective) this year. All 5 white players of the team will get steady minutes and it has 3 white starters. The only concern for the team is the coach (Rambis). He wants Love to be the team's franchise player, but won't let him play 35-40 minutes (very odd). The usual reasons will be Love's defense and consistency, even though Love is already a monster DOUBLE-DOUBLE machine. IMO, Kurt Rambis REALLY WANTS Beasley as the franchise player.

This will be Milicic's last shot for the NBA, not expecting him to be a scorer, but a solid defensive & rebounding center. Luke Ridnour is a starter for now, but knowing the kind of coach Rambis is, that could change. Pekovic possesses a Scola-type of game, he's in a good place to grow. Koufos will likely see the least minutes of the white players.

Phoenix Suns (continued) - While Nash is still among the best PG's, Dragic is in prime position to take his turn one Nash retires (such a shame). I see Dragic with All-Star potential, while he's a capable scorer, it be great to see him make dishes. Love to see another white PG lead the NBA is dishes after Nash. He's a also a scrappy defender. Robin Lopez has a chance to catch up with brother Brook now that he's healthy.

Indiana Pacers - With Murphy gone (to Nets) and Foster injury prone, Indiana now has only 3 active white players... Dunleavy, McRoberts, and Hansbrough. But, all 3 are no slouches, Dunleavy is finally healthy after a very disappointing last 2 seasons. With his knee finally healed, he might regain the magic he had in 2007-08. McRoberts is the FUTURE OF THIS TEAM, only 23, he's got All-Star potential. For now, he'll adjust to his new role of being a starter. Hansbrough is also finally healthy after a injury prone & SICKLY rookie season. He will provide solid minutes as a back-up PF, though he's a capable starter as well. All 3 whites are hard-nosed ball players.

Sacramento Kings - The team that once had 6 white players last season is now down to 2 (Udrih & Casspi). Beno Udrih is a worldly talent ahead of Slovenian compatriot Dragic for now. He's a solid All-Star level PG (badly overshadowed by over hyped Evans). Udrih has a remarkable mid-range game (very FEW PG have that), and can dish the ball when in charge of the ball. I'll repeat again like last season, Udrih should be the Kings' PG, while Evans should be the SCORING GUARD. Casspi is a deadly all-around shooter who can get hot when on a role. The only thing that will keep Udrih & Casspi in the Kings' rotation is their health. Let's hope they both stay healthy.

Milwaukee Bucks - Andrew Bogut is back after a horrendous injury. While the rebounding and defense is there, the scoring and FT's will take time. The shooting right arm still looks stiff, but is improving. Carlos Delfino has new found confidence from a brilliant FIBA Worlds campaign. Both a solid starters. I'm clueless why Ilyasova is suddenly nonexistent for the Bucks, after playing solid last season and in this years FIBA World campaign.

San Antonio Spurs - Little to see here save for Ginobili, the BEST WHITE SG I've seen in years. He's the REAL 2005 Finals MVP, and he's a solid fixture to the team. He's the best white player outside Dirk, Nash, & Gasol. Matt Bonner will see minutes, but nothing special, while Splitter is injured for now, and potential about to be screwed as well.

Golden State Warriors - David Lee is a welcome addition, and the time he spent with D'antoni will help adjust to GS's small ball game. David Lee is an All-Star level player who will get a reduced role in GS (3rd option behind Ellis & Curry). I don't Lee posting many 20-10 games again, not with 2 high scoring guards. Andries Biedrins is kinda like Milicic, not a scorer, but a solid defensive rebounding Center. It's a shame Biedrins didn't develop more under Don Nelson. Radmanovic won't play much like Vujacic. There's also Asian-American Jeremy Lin of Harvard, easily the team's fan favorite.

Dallas Mavericks (continued) - other than Dirk, there's not much to see on the team. Dirk will be Dirk this year (enough said). For all the rave there is about Beabois, JJ Barea is quietly emerging into a solid PG in his own right. He's clearly learning a great deal from Jason Kidd, one of the great passing and defensive guards in NBA history (Stockton is BETTER though). Barea is one of the NBA's future white PG.

Houston Rockets - This might be the year for Scola to become an All-Star. Brilliant in 2009-10, and the leading scorer of the FIBA World tourney, he'll only get better this year. Though Yao Ming is back after missing all of last season, he's on PRECAUTIONARY MODE. Yao will play at best 24 minutes, and WON'T play the 2nd of back to back games. So Yao will miss a number of games by coaches decision. But Scola will have a monster year, another white double-double machine. Brad Miller will get minutes, but nothing special. Budinger has All-Star potential, but he's Battier's back-up, and THEY will always question his defense.

Washington Bullets - Nothing to see here save for Kirk Hinrich (and maybe Yi Jianlian). All eyes are on over-hyped 1st draft pick John Wall (no surprise), but Hinrich is what I want, one of the best defensive guards in all the NBA. It's a shame Hinrich as lost confidence in his shooting, but he's still got game, and his defense will earn him 35-40 minutes a night. Yi will get minutes, but don't expect anything special from him either. The team is all about John Wall (whatever).

white lightning

Hall of Famer
One name you forgot for the Bucks is John Brockman. He comes off the bench. Other than that, this is excellent work as usual. Thanks.

j41181

Master
Just watched the entertaining Kings-Raptors game. Kings won 111-108.

5 white players scored in 10+ points... 4 were starters.

Andrea Bargnani - 28 points
Linas Kleiza - 18 points
Jose Calderon - 13 points (non-starter)
Beno Udrih - 17 points
Omri Casspi - 14 points

Bargnani's scoring is a thing a beauty, but his rebounding and defense is so atrocious for a 7-footer. He needs to learn to play with a chip on his shoulder, trying to do that though will lead to more fouls. As expected, Kleiza is enjoying his new found freedom and confidence, he'll be a joy to watch all season. Calderon is clearly working his butt off to become an All-Star level player again. I hope he continues to get better again. Udrih is as solid as they come, he and Evans make a good duo, and should remain a starter all season long. Casspi, IMO, plays with an unbelievable swagger that is reminiscent of the late and great Drazen Petrovic. I hope Casspi remains a full-time starter.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It was a great game. I wanted the Raptors to win but it was enjoyable none the less. Did you see the monster dunk by Linas Kleiza? It was nasty. Both Bargnani and Kleiza need to rebound better though if Toronto is going to be a quality team consistantly.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
j41181 said:
Just watched the entertaining Kings-Raptors game. Kings won 111-108.

5 white players scored in 10+ points... 4 were starters.

Andrea Bargnani - 28 points

Linas Kleiza - 18 points

Jose Calderon - 13 points (non-starter)

Beno Udrih - 17 points

Omri Casspi - 14 points

Bargnani's scoring is a thing a beauty, but his rebounding and defense is so atrocious for a 7-footer. He needs to learn to play with a chip on his shoulder, trying to do that though will lead to more fouls. As expected, Kleiza is enjoying his new found freedom and confidence, he'll be a joy to watch all season. Calderon is clearly working his butt off to become an All-Star level player again. I hope he continues to get better again. Udrih is as solid as they come, he and Evans make a good duo, and should remain a starter all season long. Casspi, IMO, plays with an unbelievable swagger that is reminiscent of the late and great Drazen Petrovic. I hope Casspi remains a full-time starter.

He really needs to rebound better. He doesn't seem to know how to box out well. Maybe he needs to get stronger in order to become a decent rebounder. Also Chris Kaman had a nice game last night with 18 points. I wonder why it took Kaman so long to turn into the dominant center he is today?
Edited by: whiteathlete33

j41181

Master
whiteathlete33 said:
Also Chris Kaman had a nice game last night with 18 points.  I wonder why it took Kaman so long to turn into the dominant center he is today?
Several factors prevented Kaman from becoming the player he is now...

The Coaching (ex-coach Dunleavy put a leash on him for years)
Elton Brand
Injuries (injuries in '07-08 & '08-09 seasons)
Foul Trouble (the refs)
Defense (whatever)
Inconsistencies (happens with Ball-hog teammates)
Confidence (fear of TO's and Defensive lapses, fouls)

The bumpy road Kaman took towards stardom is what's happening to Kevin Love right now. Last season was Kaman's make or break time, had Blake Griffin not missed all of last season, Kaman would've never been an All-Star. An expendable piece he would've been. Without doubt Kaman took full advantage of last season.
Edited by: j41181

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
j41181 said:
whiteathlete33 said:
Also Chris Kaman had a nice game last night with 18 points. I wonder why it took Kaman so long to turn into the dominant center he is today?

Several factors prevented Kaman from becoming the player he is now...

The Coaching (ex-coach Dunleavy put a leash on him for years)

Elton Brand

Injuries (injuries in '07-08 & '08-09 seasons)

Foul Trouble (the refs)

Defense (whatever)

Inconsistencies (happens with Ball-hog teammates)

Confidence (fear of TO's and Defensive lapses, fouls)

The bumpy road Kaman took towards stardom is what's happening to Kevin Love right now. Last season was Kaman's make or break time, had Blake Griffin not missed all of last season, Kaman would've never been an All-Star. An expendable piece he would've been. Without doubt Kaman took full advantage of last season.

Kaman also gets very little expect from the black sports show analysts like Charles Barkley. I was watching a few minutes of some NBA show(don't ask me why or the name of it because I can't remember) and Barkley and another black were ecstatic about Blake Griffin. They were showing a few clips of him playing and Barkley was saying he looks like he's jumping on a pogo stick. It's just more buffoonery from one of the biggest racists on the planet, Charles Barkley.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Kevin Garnett showed what a piece of trash he really is. Charlie Villanueva is a Dominican player who has alopecia. For anyone who doesn't know what the is it's a autoimmune disease which results in hair loss on the scalp and in some cases all over the body. Garnett found it fit to call him a cancer patient. Disgusting! The article also exposes him for the racist he really is and states he likes to go after European players.

Maurice Lucas had come from a time in the NBA when a man with the act and mouth of Kevin Garnett(notes)</span>
had to back it up with his fists. He was paid to take on the biggest,
strongest player in the sport, protect the superstars. Lucas never
walked onto the floor and eyed the most vulnerable and frightened foe.
He picked out the biggest bleeping guy, started on him, and no one ever
had reason to doubt his ferocity.

Here was a "cancer patient,"Â as apparently K.G. likes to call them. Lucas died this week. He was 58 and lost his life to bladder cancer. Apparently, Garnett honored that memory with the mocking of the Detroit Pistons' bald forward, Charlie Villanueva(notes),</span> on Tuesday night. Garnett's always gone too far, but never like this. Never this cruel, this twisted.

<div id="sidebar">

<div>
<div>Other Popular Sports Stories</div>
<div>
<ul>[*]NBA game postponed due to safety issue[*]What Brett Favre looked like in high school[/list]
</div>
<div>More From Adrian Wojnarowski</div>
<div>
<ul>[*]Heat's ferocity looks like quite the show Oct 30, 2010[*]Heat waiting for stars to align Oct 28, 2010[/list]
</div>
</div>

<div id="sky">
<div id="ad-862421" style="padding: 0pt; margin: 0pt; border: 0pt none;" align="center"> </div><no>
bP=IpNSbkwNdHHakgbCTMbl_AK5rTbHZkzRwBUACnL3&ampT=1d3o59oe0%2fX%3d1288814613%2fE%3d97684947%2fR%3dsports%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d2.1%2fW%3dH%2fY%3dYAHOO%2fF%3d2491603143%2fH%3dY2FjaGVoaW50PSJzcG9ydHMiIGNvbnRlbnQ9ImxlYWd1ZT1uYmE7IHJlZnVybF93d3dfeWFob29fY29tIiByZWZ1cmw9InJlZnVybF93d3dfeWFob29fY29tIiBzZXJ2ZUlkPSJJcE5TYmt3TmRISGFrZ2JDVE1ibF9BSzVyVGJIWmt6UndCVUFDbkwzIiBzaXRlSWQ9IjQ0NTc1NTEiIHRTdG1wPSIxMjg4ODE0NjEzNzI3MTgwIiB0b3BpY3M9InJlZnVybF93d3dfeWFob29fY29tIiA-%2fQ%3d-1%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3d588A8862&ampU=13f2jec4h%2fN%3dBW26QEwNPVI-%2fC%3d741904.135791783704597757%2fD%3dSKY%2fB%3d5794943%2fV%3d1
<o></o><o></div>

</div>
<div style="width: 220px;">
1288808771.jpg&ampampsig=AChBA14F56gBTgHzCXT5Pg--
<div>Pistons forward Charlie Villanueva says Kevin Garnett called him a "cancer patient."
(NBAE/Getty Images)</span> </div>
</div>

"K.G. called me a cancer patient,"Â Villanueva tweeted on Wednesday
morning. ""¦K.G. talks a lot of crap. He's [probably] never been in a
fight. I would love to get in a ring with him. I will expose him."Â

Yahoo! Sports sought a response from the Celtics on the charge, but
the organization hasn't responded. With the way the NBA throws around
fines and suspensions, the days when Villanueva could've handled the
matter on the floor are long gone. This is a truth that's never been
lost on Garnett. Trash talk goes back forever in the NBA, gets deep,
personal, and yet this was a different kind of affront. The Pistons are
0-4 and Villanueva has done little to earn the $35 million contract
delivered him a year ago. To say Charlie V. should shut up, win a game
and stop tweeting, well, that's a different discussion.

This is about Garnett, as it should've been long ago with his bully
act. Here's the thing: There are few more complex characters in the NBA.
K.G. is a fantastic teammate, a leader, the hardest-working man in the
gymnasium. He cares about winning, cares deeply, and the success his
time with the Celtics has brought him has become a precious part of his
legacy. He's so smart, so calculating, that it remains a conundrum why
he has always gone to such lengths to be a needlessly vicious bully.

For years, he's gone after smaller, younger players. He never goes
after tough guys. Never. For some reason, he reveled in going out of his
way to abuse European players. So many young Euros grew up idolizing
him, loved the range of his versatility at 7 feet, only to have images
of him shattered with cheap shots and trash talk on the floor. A few
days ago, this happened to the Knicks' Timofey Mozgov(notes).</span> It happens all the time. Pau Gasol(notes).</span> Jose Calderon(notes).</span> The list is long and the act is tired.

So much is said on the floor, but this hits people in a different
way. Cancer victim? Villanueva has a condition called alopecia
universalis, which results in hair loss. Villanueva's always taken the
time to meet and talk with kids who share the condition, and has
listened to their stories of getting teased with those kinds of cutting
words. Garnett is too old for this, too smart.

Nevertheless, it's stained his legacy. This one promises to chase him
into retirement. Beyond that of an MVP and an NBA champion, Garnett has
gone to inexplicable lengths to craft a parallel legacy: a vicious
bully, a cold and cruel jerk.

For all the instances of Garnett's bullying available on YouTube,
those two words â€" "cancer patient" Ã¢â‚¬" will never go away. This is the one
that people will remember, the stain that'll be hardest to wash away.
Garnett's 34 years old, and shamefully a man too smart â€" too principled
in a lot of ways â€" to act like this. Only, he's done it for years, and
it's now a bigger part of his legacy than an old Boston Celtics champion will want to believe.

The NBA lost one of its true tough guys this week, a cancer patient
named Maurice Lucas. He came out of a different time in the NBA, and
never talked like Kevin Garnett. There was never a need. He had to back
it up, the way K.G. never has and never will. The true tough guys never
have to tell you about it.

Edited by: whiteathlete33

PhillyBirds

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
For some reason, he reveled in going out of his way to abuse European players.

They still can't say it, even when it's actually the most obvious observation in the world. Edited by: PhillyBirds

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Some good games tonight. Dirk scored 35 points and pulled down 12 boards in a Mavs win. Bargnani had 24 and 9 boards. Kevin Love had a great game despite the Twolves getting killed. The Suns lost another heartbreaker despite Nash scoring 19 points. He needs help with the scoring. Hedu T. needs to step it up. Dragic had 2 or 3 sports center no look passes. He is amazing despite barely playing. The Suns have to play him more. Udrih had a solid game for the Kings. The Bucks lost a heartbreaker to the Celtics despite big games from Delfino, Bogut and Illysova. David Lee had 15 points and 14 boards in a G.W. win. Not a bad night for our guys. Edited by: white lightning

j41181

Master
white lightning said:
Some good games tonight.  Dirk scored 35 points and pulled down 12 boards in a Mavs win. Bargnani had 24 and 9 boards. Kevin Love had a great game despite the Twolves getting killed. The Suns lost another heartbreaker despite Nash scoring 19 points. He needs help with the scoring. Hedu T. needs to step it up. Dragic had 2 or 3 sports center no look passes. He is amazing despite barely playing. The Suns have to play him more. Udrih had a solid game for the Kings. The Bucks lost a heartbreaker to the Celtics despite big games from Delfino, Bogut and Illysova. David Lee had 15 points and 14 boards in a G.W. win. Not a bad night for our guys.
After Dragic played so well vs. the Spurs in the 2010 playoffs, you'd think he should get 20-25 minutes tops. He should spell minutes not just from Nash, but also from Richardson. Dragic is capable of being a combo-guard, play w/o the ball or run the offense. He should play alongside Nash in certain situations. I know it's still early, but I smell something fishy in Phoenix, hope I'm wrong about it.

Pau Gasol played well for Lakers, 22 points & 11 rebounds. Marco Belinelli is enjoying himself in the BIG EASY with 18 points. It's sad Stojakovic won't see big minutes anymore, I'm really gonna miss him.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Chris Kaman and David Lee are struggling so far this season. I know it's only been a few games but Lee is only shooting 39 percent and averaging 11 ppg. Hopefully they get back on track.

j41181

Master
Strong night for our boy tonight...

Pau Gasol - 30 points, 7 rebounds
Marc Gasol - 26 points, 7 rebounds
Steve Nash - 25 points, 9 assists
Goran Dragic - 13 points
Hedo Turkoglu - 18 points, 5 rebounds
Andris Beidrins - 20 rebounds
David Lee - 14 points, 15 rebounds
Kevin Love - 18 points, 12 rebounds
Danilo Gallinari - 16 points (24 points last night)
Andrea Bargnani - 14 points
Jose Calderon - 14 points, 8 assists
Steve Blake - 14 points (4-4 3pt's)

The Suns-Grizzlies game was a regular season classic, just plain awesome. Nash, as usual guided the Suns to victory, with Richardson's brilliant 38 points. Dragic played strong early in the 4th quarter only run out of steam, due to his relentless play on both ends. Equally impressive was Marc Gasol, 26 points (12-13 FG's) in 50 minutes before fouling out, he's becoming a great player in his own right. Big win for the Suns, and it's always a pleasure to watch Nash play, one of the BEST PG's in NBA history. CAPTAIN CANADA!!!!

Pau Gasol is off to a blazing start for the season, he's going to enjoy the best statistical season of his career. It's even sweeter he's doing it on a winning team. No longer will he be ignored, he's an NBA SUPERSTAR. Steve Blake will no doubt be an instrumental part of the Lakers. Edited by: j41181

Westside

Hall of Famer
Blake also for the Lakers had major minutes and 14 points during the entire game. Jackson sure does know how to complete the puzzle of winning another NBA Championship, it almost ridiculous how he does it year and year out. The Lakers will be in the finals again, with important players being white of course.

j41181

Master
Let's see how our guys fared last night....

Pau Gasol - 20 points, 14 rebounds, 10 assists
Steve Nash - 19 points, 15 assists (just 2 TO's)
Kevin Love - 16 points, 16 rebounds
Nikola Pekovic - 12 points, 11 rebounds
Luis Scola - 24 points, 8 rebounds
Danilo Gallinari - 15 points, 6 rebounds
David Lee - 11 points, 7 rebounds
Andris Beidrins - 13 rebounds
Nenad Krstic - 13 points, 8 rebounds
Rudy Fernandez - 13 points

Gasol now has 4 career triple doubles (1 in NBA Finals).

The highlight reel between Gasol and Blake was AWESOME! Edited by: j41181

Westside

Hall of Famer
Its starting to look like Gasol is taking his game to another level. He is playing with surreal confidence and toying with the over represented amount of affelets that is the NBA. Last night he put a triple double with ease.

The Lakers are running relaxed on all pistons, I see them in the finals easily barring any injuries to Key players. This Blake kid is finding a major role in their drive for another NBA Championship. He is also playing great basketball and with confidence.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Gasol is currently leading the NBA in points, rebounds, and assists in combination though afflete Derrick Rose is not far behind.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
A flashy fast-break by Blake and Gasol[TUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhYZU-pNJOs&feature=related[/TUBE]

j41181

Master
Do you believe in Karma?

Larry Bird once hit a game-winner vs. the Mavs in the 80's. Dirk Nowitzki returns the favor vs. the Celtics with his own game-winner. Dirk hit the game-winner with 17.4 seconds left in a tough 89-87 Mavs win over the Celtics. Only one way to describe Dirk... he's CLUTCH!

What comes around, goes around.

He's been clutch for ages actually, and he badly needs a ring.

guest301

Hall of Famer
j41181 said:
Do you believe in Karma?

Larry Bird once hit a game-winner vs. the Mavs in the 80's. Dirk Nowitzki returns the favor vs. the Celtics with his own game-winner. Dirk hit the game-winner with 17.4 seconds left in a tough 89-87 Mavs win over the Celtics. Only one way to describe Dirk... he's CLUTCH!

What comes around, goes around.

He's been clutch for ages actually, and he badly needs a ring.

Yes that was a great game for Dirk last night with ten points of his 25 coming in the 4th period. He also got four of his points during that run by taking Garnett off the dribble straight to the basket and scoring. I just hate that Dirk has gone back to the skinhead look that he usually does early in the regular season, keep the long blonde flowing locks dude, it accentuates your whiteness!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Kevin Love pulled down an incredible 24 rebounds last night. He's currently second in the league in rebounds per game. So much for all the scouts that said he's too slow and can't jump.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Mike Dunleavy looked like Larry Legend yesterday, huge game! Tyler Hansbrough had a nice 20 point 9 board game as well.