2010 Week 6

Woody

Guru
What horsesh*t! So I suppose they also added first downs, put the team in field goal position and calculated the % chance of making a field goal and thenchanged the score accordingly? Of course not. Officials can never change calls after a play has been run, even when they screw up bad, which has happened countless times. I have no doubt you're probably right though, I wouldn't know as I wasn't born yet. I'm just shocked they would have the nerve. Maybe they should review all of John Riggins' runs and bump him up to 4.0 from his 3.9.

Westside

Hall of Famer
SH I laughed when you called Simpson a "pioneer" in padding his stats which I'm sure he did. But what Is funny was back in the late 70s and early 80s OJ owned a bunch of fried chicken places called "Pioneer Chicken" Negros and affelets you g and old craved it like crack cocaine. I would go in there on occasion and llook at all the room brighten smiles surrounded by lips glazed with chicken grease.

jacknyc said:
What I remember about OJ is that at the end of the last game of his 2000 yd season, he had X number of yards for the game, which put him at 1996 yds or something like that for the year.
Then after the game, the officials said they reviewed his runs and then determined that he had rushed for X+ yards, which put him at 2003 for the season.
I've never heard of anything like that before or since.
They basically altered the stats to give him 2000 yds.
Does anybody else remember this?

Didn't happen. I saw the game on TV. O.J. went over 2000 before time ran out. The Bills (and O.J. himself) made sure he was over 2000 before the game ended. No post-game adjustment was necessary.

Something like this DID happen with Mercury Morris and the 1972 Miami Dolphins. That year Morris ended with 991 yards. The Dolphins asked for a review of game films and the NFL directed that 9 yards be added to Morris' total.

Larry Csonka gained 1117 in 1972 and this made Csonka and Morris the first backfield tandem ever to both gain a thousand yards in a season. I remembered Morris having the yardage added to his total in 1972, but I just looked it up in "The Complete Handbook of Pro Football 1973" which I have in my library.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Sports Historian dominates once again!!!

qj

Guru
Woody said:
The NFL is becoming a weaker and weaker product. Why do you think so many "rednecks"love Nascar of late? I am betting it happened right about when people realized the NFL had gone black and wasn't coming back.

Good observation, Woody.

qj

Guru
Jimmy Chitwood said:
if i recall correctly, Redskins tailback Ryan Torain ran a 4.6-forty at the NFL Combine. and at 6-1, 212-pounds according to his Washington bio it's not like he's a big power back. so why exactly is he a feature back when guys like Brian Leonard, Jacob Hester, and so on are not?
<div></div>
<div>oh, i forgot. he's got the mythical "affleticism" possessed only by the melanin-enhanced. pfft.</div>

Torrain was mediocre even at ASU.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
sport historian said:
Does anybody (besides me) remember the 1976 Thanksgiving Day game in Detroit?

I remember it, I think it was the last time the Lions won on Thanksgiving Day!

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Riddlewire said:
ESPN manipulates outcome of NFL game

Regardless of their motives or the results in the game, I'm pretty sure this was illegal. Of course, I don't expect Holder to investigate it. He's too busy covering up the crimes of ACORN and the Black Panthers.

I can't believe that Jeff Fisher openly addressed this bizarre issue with the media after the game.

It's no "conspiracy"Â￾ to note that the corporate media and corporate NFL coordinate their commercialized Afrocentrism"¦but for a coach to divulge that he and a rival coach were indeed "contacted"Â￾ during the game and "instructed"Â￾ to use a TV timeout should stir further questioning as to the legitimacy of other coach's decisions, in other games, in other situations, etc.

Then again, given the deliberate absurdity of the Caste System, this "forced timeout"Â￾ matter is pretty boring. The NFL could be "fixed"Â￾ to a certain extent, but the media and drunken masses wouldn't care"¦so would it really matter?

Isn't it typical that Fisher has no problem speaking about this minor breach of ethics but no coach would dare to speak about the wide-swept and glaring ethical injustice of the caste system. This strikes me as a feeble attempt to restore moral credibility to a group that has none (NFL coaches and GMs).

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
sport historian said:
jacknyc said:
What I remember about OJ is that at the end of the last game of his 2000 yd season, he had X number of yards for the game, which put him at 1996 yds or something like that for the year.

Then after the game, the officials said they reviewed his runs and then determined that he had rushed for X+ yards, which put him at 2003 for the season.

I've never heard of anything like that before or since.

They basically altered the stats to give him 2000 yds.

Does anybody else remember this?

Didn't happen. I saw the game on TV. O.J. went over 2000 before time ran out. The Bills (and O.J. himself) made sure he was over 2000 before the game ended. No post-game adjustment was necessary.

Something like this DID happen with Mercury Morris and the 1972 Miami Dolphins. That year Morris ended with 991 yards. The Dolphins asked for a review of game films and the NFL directed that 9 yards be added to Morris' total.

Larry Csonka gained 1117 in 1972 and this made Csonka and Morris the first backfield tandem ever to both gain a thousand yards in a season. I remembered Morris having the yardage added to his total in 1972, but I just looked it up in "The Complete Handbook of Pro Football 1973" which I have in my library.

So, sport historian, what do you think of that kind of stat changing going on? What did the media think about it back in '72? I can't imagine that happening to help a White player in the Caste era.

As for the 1976 game, I wasn't born yet.
smiley36.gif
I wasn't born till January '78, but the first football game I was ever at was in October '77.
Edited by: Colonel_Reb