2010 Week 10

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
This will be a career high in sacks for Chris Long with 5.5 so far this season.
smiley32.gif

Browns should have won. Simple as that. The good thing is that the cleveland fans really love hillis, even with a bad win loss record i cant see the browns not having hillis as the main man at RB next season. Also hoping for a good show from welker and woodhead later.

alln2

Guru
I read some reviews already and not one mentioned the afrolet fumble which costed the Browns the game. I wonder how many reviews will mention it as a key to Jets winning.

Patrick

Guru
SuperSpeed23 said:
Browns should have won. Simple as that. The good thing is that the cleveland fans really love hillis, even with a bad win loss record i cant see the browns not having hillis as the main man at RB next season. Also hoping for a good show from welker and woodhead later.

I want to agree with you but the Browns GM clearly said two things - that Peyton Hillis was brought to Cleveland to be the backup fullback and that despite his success at RB that he envisioned Hillis as "still having a role in the offense (once the black back got healthy)."

If you, or anyone else believes that Hillis is going to be given any breaks because of his popularity then you are mistaken. The GM clearly stated not only that he can't wait for the black back to get healthy but that Hillis was supposed to be a back up at FULLBACK!

So much for all those articles about how "Smart" the Cleveland GM was for getting Hillis.

Pie

Guru
Patrick said:
<div>I want to agree with you but the Browns GM clearly said two things - that Peyton Hillis was brought to Cleveland to be the backup fullback and that despite his success at RB that he envisioned Hillis as "still having a role in the offense (once the black back got healthy)."</div>
<div></div>
<div>If you, or anyone else believes that Hillis is going to be given any breaks because of his popularity then you are mistaken. The GM clearly stated not only that he can't wait for the black back to get healthy but that Hillis was supposed to be a back up at FULLBACK!</div>
<div></div>
<div>So much for all those articles about how "Smart" the Cleveland GM was for getting Hillis.</div>
<div>

I think that is an overly pessimistic view to have. If Hillis stays healthy and continues being productive there's no way anyone could justify benching him. And look at the next 5 teams he's up against... OM NOM NOM NOM!!
smiley16.gif

</div>Edited by: Pie

backrow

Hall of Famer
from rotoworld:

Peyton Hillis rushed 19 times for 82 yards with a touchdown and added four catches for 27 yards in Sunday's overtime loss to the Jets.
Hillis is matchup-proof. He had no trouble slicing through the Jets' defense and now has nine total touchdowns in nine games this season. Hillis did lose his fourth fumble of the season, but he's obviously in no danger of leaving the field. Hillis will be a RB1 option against the Texans next week.

snow

Mentor
Patrick said:
SuperSpeed23 said:
<div></div>
<div>I want to agree with you but the Browns GM clearly said two things - that Peyton Hillis was brought to Cleveland to be the backup fullback and that despite his success at RB that he envisioned Hillis as "still having a role in the offense (once the black back got healthy)."</div>
<div></div>
<div>If you, or anyone else believes that Hillis is going to be given any breaks because of his popularity then you are mistaken. The GM clearly stated not only that he can't wait for the black back to get healthy but that Hillis was supposed to be a back up at FULLBACK!</div>
<div></div>
<div>So much for all those articles about how "Smart" the Cleveland GM was for getting Hillis.</div>
<div></div>
<div></div>

yeah that might have been the original plan (I doubt it, they had plan for him on offense with the ball in his hand, how big of a role I don't know, probably the 10 to 12 touches he had at the beginning of the season), but hes on pace for 1,000 yards right now, and Hardesty is unproven, and already injury prone, and they already got rid of Harrison in favor of Hillis, because he wasn't happy with splitting carries with Hillis. They were splitting carries for the first few games of the season. I don't understand the negativity. Where is the link where the GM stated all of this stuff. Yes they need the black to be healthy because Hillis needs someone to take a breather once in a while, he has 152 carries and didnt even start the first few games.

Why not focus on the bigger picture right now? which is Hillis being on pace to be the first white back to break 1k yards since 85. Thats what is going on RIGHT NOW, its not next year yet, why not enjoy his success right now? If he doesnt get carries next year it will wake more fans up and it will have already opened up the door the idea that whites CAN compete at tailback in the NFL, which has already started.

backrow

Hall of Famer
in addition to his TD run, Tim just threw his first NFL TD pass to Spencer Larsen!

alln2

Guru
Pie said:
<div>
I think that is an overly pessimistic view to have. If Hillis stays healthy and continues being productive there's no way anyone could justify benching him. And look at the next 5 teams he's up again... OM NOM NOM NOM!!
smiley16.gif

</div>

Looking at the next games is what makes this loss even bitter. With this win the Browns would have had a legitimate shot at the playoffs, and we could have had a White running back lighting up the playoffs.

Pie

Guru
Jon Kitna averaging about 25 yards a completion against the Giants defense. lol.

Patrick

Guru
snow said:
[ Where is the link where the GM stated all of this stuff.

Sorry but I was watching the NFL Network this morning and that is where I heard it - sorry I didn't jump in the internet and confirmit for you.

I know it is far out that the GM of the Browns thought Hillis was going to be the back up Fullback.

snow

Mentor
Patrick said:
snow said:
[ Where is the link where the GM stated all of this stuff.
<div></div>
<div>Sorry but I was watching the NFL Network this morning and that is where I heard it - sorry I didn't jump in the internet and confirmit for you.</div>
<div></div>
<div>I know it is far out that the GM of the Browns thought Hillis was going to be the back up Fullback.</div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
is that why he was seeing carries at tailback in preseason as well as training camp? Mangini had a role him in the offense and it wasn't backup fullback, mainly as a 3rd down back, but he was going to see carries mainly at tailback. He wasn't there to back up the fullback. Mangini was familiar with because he was coaching the Jets when Hillis ran for 120+ yards. I think the coach is going to have the say, and yes to a certain extent fans have a little influence, teams need to sell tickets. I know fans in Denver that aren't going to games anymore, McDaniels losing is part of the reason, but the success of Hillis is what makes them the most upset. If Hillis is productive and fans love him, why not use him, even if it is splitting carries like Alstott/Dunn? Plus Hardesty had knee injuries going all the way back to college. The only thing that would threaten Hillis is if they drafted another back in the 1st two rounds next draft.
Edited by: snow

Pie

Guru
Wow. Just wow. The terrible affletes of the Dallas secondary almost get into a fist fight with each other and Dallas has to burn a time out to quiet the riot.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Stuckey should have taken that ball out of bounds after getting the first down. The Browns kicker then could have kicked the winning field goal. Instead, the afrolete continued to try and get more yards in order to make BSPN highlights.

As for the Vikings, Favre, Gerhart, Harvin came to play. It seemed that every one else, especially Peterson took the day off. Nice defensive and special team coaching...NOT!

backrow

Hall of Famer
Justin Smith with a sack

Craig Dahl had a game high 13 tacklesEdited by: backrow

alln2

Guru
The refs just handed magic afrolet Troy smiff the win with an non-existant pass-interference call on an incomplete pass on 3rd down and 2.

The NFL is really really trying to promote the negro QBs.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I lost count of the number of negative stereotypes of White players uttered by Tim Ryan
smiley8.gif
during the Rams-49ers game. One of the worst "performances" I've heard this year. He must be listening to Chrissie Collinsworth too much.

During the Broncos-Chiefs game, Spencer Larsen made a nice 14 yard run, which caused play by play announcer Kevin Harlen to laughas hemockinglycall it Larsen's "signature play."

I counted at least six occasions where the camera immediatelyisolated on a White defender, who was not involved in the play or who was in the area but had no chance to make a play, after a black scored. One time it was Justin Smith, the d-lineman who was nowhere near the action but was San Fran's only White defender on the field.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
how about Gronkowski on the opening drive for the Pats?!?! and he finishes it with the score!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
nice leaping catch by Heath Miller.

WhiteWorld

WHITE NOISE said:
Stuckey should have taken that ball out of bounds after getting the first down. The Browns kicker then could have kicked the winning field goal. Instead, the afrolete continued to try and get more yards in order to make BSPN highlights.

As for the Vikings, Favre, Gerhart, Harvin came to play. It seemed that every one else, especially Peterson took the day off. Nice defensive and special team coaching...NOT!
/QUOTE]

When the Browns got the ball back, the camera flashed onto Stuckey and his teammates were tapping him like its all right they got the ball back. yeah but that game was won if that idiot would have went out of bounds

northwinds

Mentor
WhiteWorld said:
making amends for last week"s bad gamecollingsworth what a douche

I heard that comment from collingsworth as well....what did Gronkowski do last week that would bring up such a comment after he makes a great TD catch?