2010 NFL Preseason

Westside

Hall of Famer
DWF Nation is truely a pathetic group. Going to these games, spending over 20 dollars on parking, eating 9 dollar hot dogs, swelling 9 dollar beer, stuffing their faces with 8 dollar nachos, etc. Not to mention the paying premium dollar to watch two teams loaded with affelets jiving and not being able to throw, catch or tackle.

Most of these DWFs can't even afford their rents/mortgages, yet go out and support this racist league while going further into debt. Guys America has big problems.

snow

Mentor
Ryan Matthews is only averaging 3.3 ypc and has looked mediocre for the most part (and he was getting decent blocking unlike Gerhart), yet some are ready to proclaim him the next LT. Hester had a nice 6 yard td run, had to run through a few defenders to get there. In a fair world they would at least split carries. Well in a fair world Matthews would have never been drafted in the first place. I wouldn't be surprised if they show his 16 yard run on a highlight reel even though they didn't show Gerhart's 22 yard run.

Man I can't stand Matthews. He seems arrogant. First of all, Hester should be getting those carries and they never should have drafted him. 2nd of all, if he were white with the same stats in the same conference with the same injury history, there is no way he sniffs the first round. Could you imagine a white runner in the WAC with an injury history going in the first? He was picked 12th overall. Look at Luke Lippincott, a few injury concerns, nothing serious. He bounced back from his knee injury and avg 7.7 ypc his final year. He had 2 great seasons in the WAC, as far as I know he hasn't even gotten a tryout from an NFL team and has decent size/measurables.

Jeff Charleston for the Saints is getting some pressure, got a sack on Volek and knocked the ball out of Rivers hand. He also played the run well. Strangely, nfl.com doesn't list him as having any tackles for this preseason game except for the sack. I guess that was just some other white defensive lineman on the Saints wearing the same number...
Edited by: snow

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
snow said:
Ryan Matthews is only averaging 3.3 ypc and has looked mediocre for the most part (and he was getting decent blocking unlike Gerhart), yet some are ready to proclaim him the next LT. Hester had a nice 6 yard td run, had to run through a few defenders to get there. In a fair world they would at least split carries. Well in a fair world Matthews would have never been drafted in the first place. I wouldn't be surprised if they show his 16 yard run on a highlight reel even though they didn't show Gerhart's 22 yard run.

Man I can't stand Matthews. He seems arrogant. First of all, Hester should be getting those carries and they never should have drafted him. 2nd of all, if he were white with the same stats in the same conference with the same injury history, there is no way he sniffs the first round. Could you imagine a white runner in the WAC with an injury history going in the first? He was picked 12th overall. Look at Luke Lippincott, a few injury concerns, nothing serious. He bounced back from his knee injury and avg 7.7 ypc his final year. He had 2 great seasons in the WAC, as far as I know he hasn't even gotten a tryout from an NFL team and has decent size/measurables.

Jeff Charleston for the Saints is getting some pressure, got a sack on Volek and knocked the ball out of Rivers hand. He also played the run well. Strangely, nfl.com doesn't list him as having any tackles for this preseason game except for the sack. I guess that was just some other white defensive lineman on the Saints wearing the same number...

If Gerhart went to San Diego he would have a very small chance of starting. In a fair world he would be the starter for them but since he's white he would still have an uphill battle. Matthews is already proclaimed a hero in San Diego.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
We'll see what Mathews does once the regular season gets started.

devans

Mentor
I have posted before about having to rely on NFL.com for my game highlights and how all the good plays by the white players seems to be missing, long pass receptions, long punt returns etc.
Well just found the most astonishing example. Check out the Chiefs Eagles highlights. They actually come to an end with the Chiefs leading 14 - 10. But wait the final score was 20 - 13 to the Eagles. Riley Cooper catching a 19 yard touchdown pass with 20 seconds left - too boring apparently.

"Highlights" huh...youd think a game winning pass with almost no time left would be important to show. How many times this preseason now has a great play by a white player not been shown? Ive lost count.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Yes, I appreciate the research guys. My example I listed was ZERO Matt Jones plays in the HOF game (the ONLY NFL game that night- so there was no NFL competition for air time) being shown on sports center when he was the Bengals leading receiver. The first quarter was shown on the Ocho Cinco network and that was it. They even showed a reception of Terrell Owens that was called back. Wake up sheeple!

snow

Mentor
just finally tuned in to the Browns game, Hillis has 2 carries for 13 yards. I hope he gets a decent amount of carries in this game. Harrison has 5 for 12

edit: Hillis was lined up at tailback for the last series when they scored a td on a pass to Vickers. He saved the drive when they were in the redzone and the ball wound up the ground, he scooped it up and managed to get 3 yards on what should have been for a loss.

Harrison was lined up at tailback on the next series, he tackles himself and manages to fumble it and the Lions score. His knee was down but no defender had touched him before the ball popped out.

The 3rd preseason game is supposed to indicate who will be the starters in the regular season. So hopefully Hillis will at least get to split carries. He has 5 rushes for 22 yards now and Harrison has 6 for 14 with 1 fumble. Hillis also has 2 catches for 8 yards while Harrison has 3 catches for -3 yards.
Edited by: snow

White Power

Mentor
I think Hillis is going to split carried with one of the 2 brotha backs. He is looking really good running catching and blocking all the fundamental things the affroletes can't handle. Man he is a load speed and power to boot.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Don't bet on any NFL "standard" to be applied equally to Whites, especially runners like Hillis who have already been screwed once. Him splitting carries will be a surprise to me.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
One of the announcers in the Cleveland-Detroit game somehow managed to called Peyton Hillis a serviceable back.

smiley56.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Quiet Speed said:
One of the announcers in the Cleveland-Detroit game somehow managed to called Peyton Hillis a serviceable back.

smiley56.gif

One of the items on the NFL Network's running scroll at the bottom of the screen during this game is a "report" that the Browns won't be cutting Colt McCoy. This is news???? McCoy was better than Vince Young at Texas and could have been a first round draft pick. How White of the Browns not to waiveColt during his rookie training camp. Only in the National Farce League and its enabling media can something like this even be turned intoa "news story."

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Greg Camarillo may be a wigger, but he still must be mostly white. Mike Mayock just called him a smart and tough player.

icsept

Master
Hillis looked good today. The Browns have a white-friendly look on defense with several linebackers and linemen. Plus a mostly white o-line and Hillis. Maybe a team to watch.

Don't know why Woodhead didn't accumulate any stats.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Greg Camarillo a wigger, How so? Was there a vid of him "acting up"?

snow

Mentor
I really hope they give Gerhart a decent amount of carries, not just for the obvious reasons but so he can run all over a Pete Carroll coached team another time.

they just had him lined up as tailback but it was a passing situation, which seems to be the common theme of this preseason. If Gerhart is in at tailback then it is probably a pass.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Westside said:
Greg Camarillo a wigger, How so? Was there a vid of him "acting up"?

Thrashen posted a couple of vids of him in another thread. I think in the Viking's 2010 thread.Edited by: Jack Lambert

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
It looks like Gerhart is getting a lot of rep with the starters tonight. Camarillo is also having a good night so far.

TwentyTwo

Master
Peyton Hillis has a smooth stride..but is a violent/punishing runner at 6'-2" 240! He's always run with a purpose; but seems even more so now! Soft-hands..etc Total Package at RunningBack IMO...So easy for those morons to label him a serviceable back...BTW Our FFL Draft was today and I nabbed Hillis at the end! In a fair world he would at least split carries!

Edited by: TwentyTwo

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Gerhart just converted a fourth and one. Toby has been in for a lot of the game. Mike Mayock has been supporting Gerhart as a RB, which he his. Gotta respect Mayock for supporting Toby like he has been.

White Power

Mentor
Brock Bolen is playing running back for the Jaguars. The world will end soon.Edited by: White Power

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Don Wassall said:
Quiet Speed said:

smiley56.gif
<div></div>
<div>One of the items on the NFL Network's running scroll at the bottom of the screen during this game is a "report" that the Browns won't be cutting Colt McCoy. This is news???? McCoy was better than Vince Young at Texas and could have been a first round draft pick. How White of the Browns not to waiveColt during his rookie training camp. Only in the National Farce League and its enabling media can something like this even be turned intoa "news story."</div>

It's as if they (the media) target young White QBs every couple of years or so and create an illusion that they are flawed in some kind of way. The DWFs dutifully follow along and swallow the BS, a momentum builds till finally all of DWF nation considers the individual on par with the devil himself. We all know Matt Leinart is evil.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Gerhart averaged 4.8 YPC and higher than AP tonight. So this will put Gerhart as the top YPC RB rusher on the Vikings 3 deep this pre-season right now. Will Rotoworld spin this? The guy is playing quite solid- I think- (for a rookie 2nd round pick) considering the blocking and plays- when he's gotten to run the ball.