2010 NFL Preseason

white lightning

Hall of Famer
My problem is that they should have never went out and got two more running backs. That is why Danny is in a very bad situation. He has the white skin disease. He showed them he could be a star last year and what did it get him? Nothing. Barely a spot on the team and he needs to know his role. I'm so sick of this. The kid could easily be a starter and he would be a stud. We all know that. I also know that barring a miracle, it will never happen. If everyone got hurt, they would just sign some more running backs. Usually I'm positive but I'm so sick of this sh**. Danny Woodhead deserves better!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Woodhead was screwed from the beginning even before breaking in to the NFL. Why would such a fast and athletic back have to play in Division II? Surely there must have been a few Division I schools who wanted a back who could run in the 4.3 range? I'm guessing not. Don Beebe also played for Chadron State. He was another 4.3 white guy. Why no Division I offers for him?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Joe McKnight looked like garbage last night...i dont think he will ever amount to much.

Sorgi, Kellen Clemens and Rhett Bomar all looked very good, its encouraging to me to see this and it ties in the with the black qb discussion in this thread.

It just really bothers me that espn, scout and rivals are all touting black qbs at the high school level more and more. The spread offense is one of the main on the field culprits for the black qb...easy reads, if the primary receiver is covered either take off with the ball or dump it short. I do think college weeds most of them out however but it is just a numbers game with with more and more of them being recruited at QB, that is one less scholarship for a white QB. Blame college coaches like Rich Rodriquez, Frank Beamer, Jim Tressel, Joe Paterno, Bill Stewart are all enemies. Sorry for my rant.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Chase Blackburn is apparently fine:

8 minutes ago - LB Chase Blackburn says his injured right MCL feels better and he hopes to return for the team's final preseason game. Giants RapidReports

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/556546/chase-blackburn

Anyhow, the Giants' brought in Keith Bullock to start. We knew they were doing everything to screw tackling-machine Chase, so I honestly thought that the Giants' would cut him or something. MANY teams are in need of a stud 'backer that is worthy starter's material.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Woodhead can do anything McKnight does, but Woodhead has a better 10 yard burst, is better conditioned and is probably more durable (despite his former knee tear- I looked at their whole careers) and has already shown great instincts running and catching the ball AT THE NFL LEVEL.. Hopefully, if the Jets practice squad Woodhead, BB will pull an inter-conference Welker type move- and bring in Woodhead to play the Kevin Faulk role this year or next- as Faulk is already 34. Actually I think Twenty Two may have already mentioned something of the sort.

Gerhart's first game was nothing special, but he did show he has nice potential to break longer runs and the blocking in that game (for both teams) was obviously atrocious when you look at the rushing efficiency for the 8 or 9? backs who played. In fact Gerhart had the 2nd best YPC out of the 8 or 9 guys who ran the ball and was the games leading rusher. Expect Gerhart to improve next week.

TwentyTwo

Master
Yeah TJR, good memory!...watching Edelman slice & dice up the Saints defense last week..then hearing he could be tried in Faulk's role...got me thinking Woodhead could easily be that weapon for the Jets or another team more willing to utilize his talents...getting rid of Pro-Bowler OG-Alan Faneca won't be as easy as they thought. It was thought Rookie Vladamir Ducasse would step right in(that's laughable) for him...instead Matt Slauson is on 1st Team; who BTW got into a brief scuffle with white D-Lineman Matt Kroul at practice the other day.

Hoping for a speedy return for Chase Blackburn! I was concerned...

Looking forward to the Falcons-Patriots game tonight...no need to use Edelman more than in the 1st half tonight...want to get my first look at Schillinger & Meier! Gonna got out on a limb and say Troy Bergeron will catch at TD in the 4th qtr...I really hope he makes the Final 53-man cut...I think this could be his last year eligible on practice squad (turns 27 in Dec)

The Vikings-49ers game set for NBC Sunday Night!

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
It looks like the Falcons had 7 whites starting tonight... even though Jamal Anderson was listed as a starter at the start, Biermann was in the whole time. Finneran was the other besides the usual five. The affletic Falcon's defense missed five tackles in one drive.Edited by: Jack Lambert

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's great to see Welker out there. He already had 2 catches for 20 yards in the 1st quarter. They need to sit him down soon. No reason to rush him at this time.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Buck and Aikman were praising Biermann pretty good after his sack/fumble of Brady. They said he'll be a household name by time the season is done.
smiley1.gif

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Nice call on Troy Bergeron scoring a TD Twenty-Two. Meier just left with an apparent knee injury. He was walking on the sideline so lets hope its nothing serious.

TwentyTwo

Master
Thanks Leonardfan
smiley20.gif
Made my post before I saw yours...

TwentyTwo said:
Gonna got out on a limb and say Troy Bergeron will catch at TD in the 4th qtr...I really hope he makes the Final 53-man cut...I think this could be his last year eligible on practice squad (turns 27 in Dec)

Bergeron scores a TD! And in the 4th qtr too...great move to get into the end-zone! Falcons getting smacked tonight.

BTW TE Rob Gronkowski had a TD! That dude is a monster!

No suprise about Beirmann...I made a thread saying he would start ahead of 1st round bust Anderson.

Meier went down with knee injury on kickoff team; he did walk off the field...sure hope he's OK...Tony Gonzales said he has been very impressed with him!Edited by: TwentyTwo

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I watched the 1st half of the Falcons/Pats game:

1--There were 2 huge sumos on the field for the Patriots at the same time. One was Vince Wilfork. Was the other Ron Brace or Gerard Warren (lined up at left end)?

2--It was funny to see Atlanta's afroletic defense tackling "each other!" Football Gods? HAHA! I guess it's not just the DBs that are tumblin' down these days, but also the linemen and linebackers!

3--Dan Connolly looked good. Matt Light is FIT. Tom Brady has some nice locks. I don't have good hair like that. Keep representing, Tom!

snow

Mentor
This Eagles/Bengals game has been pretty boring so far.
Riley Cooper has only seen one pass thrown his way, and Vick was off target and intecepted, Riley Cooper chased him down pretty quickly. It seems like white guys are featured even less in games that are nationally televised.. I mean Cooper is supposedly the 4th receiver, Maclin goes down, they go to a 3 receiver set, Cooper is still on the sideline, Im not sure who was in, maybe Avant and Baskett? He only saw time in the first half when they went to 4 receiver sets. Shipley was only targeted once as well and Hall was pulled after his first return and didn't get put back in until later on. Pac Man Jones had 2 long returns, I bet ESPN will show them unlike Shipley's long return.

Edit: Cooper just had a short pass thrown his way that he caught, but it is at the end of the 3rd quarter. Edited by: snow

Kaptain

Master
I didn't even see Matt Jones or Shipley on the field. It was such a snoozer of a game that I was falling asleep in the 2nd half.

Tom Iron

Mentor
Just looked at the video. While I was disappointed that Jones didn't play, at the same time, it was a good thing he wasn't involved in an abortion like that game was.

Tom Iron...

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I was happy to hear the much deserved praise for Kroy! He should have been the starting DE (opposite Abraham) all last season. The afrolete Anderson needs to be on the bench.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
On the other side of the coin, the greatest thing about that game was (con)vick going 1 for 6 for a whole FIVE yeards and...TWO interceptions!!!!LOLOLOL!
smiley32.gif

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
With his pathetic sumo-line, it looks like Kevin Kolb will be in for a long season.

Carson Palmer is in a similar situation. It's really hard for me to get excited about Riley Cooper, Jordan Shipley, and most other White receivers... when NFL "teams" build pathetic AA o-lines and there's many pathetic AA RBs. How can we succeed in a "false world" where teams' intentionally put out a "fake product," and our "few" athletes are simply treated as "rare freakish-types?"

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Biermann's already the starter in everything but name only. He comes in after the first play to replace the "official" black starter, just as happens a lot in college ball. It's another way football panders to blacks -- the up and coming White star must very slowly be eased in to replace the highlytouted black bust to avoid causing undue ruffled feathers among the affletes.

Biermann is an obvious big time talent; even in IDP fantasy football circles the DWFs know enough that there's a high demand for him.

Kaptain

Master
How bout Stewart Bradley jacking-up Chad Johnson. That was precious. First Brian Russell and now Stew. Gotta love it.

Apparently Ochostinko has been tweeting and complaining about the hit. He's whining because it was too hard for preseason. Here's a link to his whining:

Stinko tweets on Bradley

Highlander

Mentor
Kaptain Poop said:
How bout Stewart Bradley jacking-up Chad Johnson. That was precious. First Brian Russell and now Stew. Gotta love it.

Apparently Ochostinko has been tweeting and complaining about the hit. He's whining because it was too hard for preseason. Here's a link to his whining:

Stinko tweets on Bradley
Hopefully, Stewart will have the opportunity to re-arrange the dental work on Ochostinko the next time these two teams meet. Also, funny how Ochostinko thinks it was "too hard for preseason". These affletes have no problem giving hard cheap shots on White players that are on their own team, even during supposedly "light contact" practice drills (Toby Gerhardt), yet during a preseason game it's not OK to hit an opposing player hard even though the motivation to do so is never higher as players are just trying to earn or keep their roster spot. I'm sure he'd be "tweeting" something else if it was an opposing black player lighting up Jones or Shipley, probably something like "how bout dat hit on da pasty boi rookie!...hahaha!".
Edited by: Highlander

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Bradley's hit was okay, but I was hoping a nice helmet to helmet shot on "OchYOstinko" & his new fellow afroletic girlfriend T-rell YOwens.
smiley2.gif

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Nick Mangold did get fat. I don't think that stomach fat helps him be a better lineman?
smiley21.gif

EDIT: 2 fumbles for Armanti Edwards, both turnovers.. Edited by: Deadlift