2010 NBA Free Agency.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I forgot about that, but Cuban did break it up though, even when Nash wanted to come back to Dallas.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
<DIV =asset-er>
<H1 id=page-title ="asset-name entry-title">Agent: David Lee in sign/trade to Warriors</H1>
<DIV =asset-><ABBR =published title=2010-07-08T20:54:34-06:00>July 8, 2010 8:54 PM</ABBR> | No Comments
<DIV ="asset- entry-">
<DIV =asset->ESPN.com reports: Knicks forward David Lee got some good news, once LeBron James announced his intention to join the Miami Heat.

Lee's agent, Mark Bartelstein, told ESPN.com that Lee had agreed to a sign-and-trade worth $80 million dollars over six years with the Warriors. The deal will send Lee to the Warriors for Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf and Kelenna Azubuike among others

JReb1

Mentor
I'm happy to see that Lee got such a fair deal!
smiley32.gif
I thought for sure he'd be way underpaid since he wasn't getting ANY hype for how talented of a player he is.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I'm not too happy Lee is in Golden State. It's a much smaller market than NY and he will probably receive less recognition.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
The owner of the Cavaliers is letting it all out now that Queen LeBron has left for South Beach. Depending on the article you read, many commentators are making the Cavs owners remarks out to be sour grapes, but I think that he's spot-on. Here you go:

<DIV ="hd">
<H1 property="dc:title">Cavs owner says LeBron James quit in playoffs</H1>
<DIV ="byline">
<DIV rel="dc:creator">
<DIV of="vcard:VCard">
By TOM WITHERS, AP Sports Writer 9 hours, 0 minutes ago
<DIV id=ysp-preview-msg>CLEVELAND (AP)â€"Angered and betrayed by LeBron James'(notes) decision to leave for Miami, Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert accused the NBA's MVP of quitting during the playoffs.
<DIV ="bd">
<DIV id=copy>
<DIV ="_copy 0">

Gilbert, who posted a letter to Cavs fans on the team's website shortly after James announced his plans to sign with the Heat, told The Associated Press late Thursday night that it's "accountability time"Â￾ for James.

"He has gotten a free pass,"Â￾ Gilbert said in a phone interview with The AP. "People have covered up for (James) for way too long. Tonight we saw who he really is."Â￾
<DIV id=sidebar>
<DIV id=sky>

Gilbert feels James quit on the Cavs during their second-round series against the Boston Celtics, who rallied from a 2-1 deficit to eliminate Cleveland.

"He quit,"Â￾ Gilbert said. "Not just in Game 5, but in Games 2, 4 and 6. Watch the tape. The Boston series was unlike anything in the history of sports for a superstar."Â￾

The Cavaliers were beaten by 32 points in Game 5. During the game, James appeared distracted and uninterested, often glaring at Cleveland's coaches as the Cavs tried to foul to get back into the game in the second half. James also made some puzzling postgame comments, saying he had "spoiled"Â￾ people with his play over seven seasons.

Gilbert also said he believes James quit on the Cavs in Game 6 of their series in 2009 against Orlando.

"Go back and look at the tape,"Â￾ he said. "How many shots did he take?"Â￾

Gilbert, who has owned the Cavs for five years, said he was most disappointed by James' behavior in the months leading up to the superstar's announcement that he is going to Miami to play with Dwyane Wade(notes) and Chris Bosh(notes). Gilbert said James never returned a single phone message or text since the end of the season and that the Cavs were not informed of James' decision until he went on the air.

Gilbert said Rich Paul, one of James' business partners, called the Cavs moments before the announcement.

"LeBron James needs to go to another team with two superstars already so he can win a championship,"Â￾ Gilbert said. "We will win a championship before (the Heat) do."Â￾

Gilbert said he now wishes he had done some things differently with James, who spent seven seasons with the Cavs.

"It's not about him leaving,"Â￾ Gilbert said. "It's the disrespect. It's time for people to hold these athletes accountable for their actions. Is this the way you raise your children? I've been holding this all in for a long time."Â￾

In Miami, Wade said he was stunned by Gilbert's comments.

"I think I'm happy that I have the owner that I have here in Miami,"Â￾ Wade told The Associated Press late Thursday night. "I'm happy Micky Arison is my owner. I couldn't believe it. I'm speechless. It's very unfortunate and I think it makes LeBron that much better about his decision.

"We knew ‘Bron would take some backlash,"Â￾ Wade added in his interview with AP. "I told him he's a strong man for it."Â￾

AP Sports Writer Tim Reynolds in Miami contributed to this report.
<DIV ="foot">

guest301

Hall of Famer
Well I loved the way the pompous arrogant Prince James left Cleveland last night. Finally people got a glimpse of his true character and the owner, Dan Gilbert really unloaded on him is a open letter last night to the fans, I expect to see some stories about Lebron's seven years with the Cavs that will put him in a bad light, possibly some Tiger Woods type stories. The public relations people around Lebron must be idiots because his exit from the Cavs could have been handled so much better.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I knew Lee would never go to Phoenix; the league would never allow that after Nash and Dirk. Nope, only one "token" white guy per team now. I'm glad he got paid, sure, but I'd have loved it if he went to a contender, instead going to Golden State.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Screw Gilbert:

Gilbert said he now wishes he had done some things differently with James, who spent seven seasons with the Cavs. "It's not about him leaving,"Â￾ Gilbert said. "It's the disrespect. It's time for people to hold these athletes accountable for their actions. Is this the way you raise your children? I've been holding this all in for a long time."Â￾

Now he talks tough, after the guy has left? Why was he such a pussy before? Because he wanted to appease him so that he could win games and make money. He looks like as much of a loser as James.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The front page of the sports section today in this non-NBA market featured three stories on Lebron's "historic free agency." Also prominently featured were two pictures. The one on the left showed two Cleveland DWFs at a bar; one had a handkerchief over his mouth as he was apparently crying as the "king's" decision was announced; the other had his hands on his head in anguish. The picture on the right showed a black guy and a white guy sitting side by side in a Miami bar, both ina state of orgasmicjoy.

For some reason I watched the PBS Newshour tonight for the first time in many years. Itremains built aroundthe same doddering white liberal fossils as it did the last time I watched way back then -- Jim Lehrer, Judy Woodruff, Mark Shields, and, watching over them to make sure none deviate from the pro-government, pro-Empire, pro-Zionist script, the relatively younger, nerdish neo-conMark Brooks. LeBron's earthshaking decision was among the featured "news" segments aired on this oh-so-pompous show. Another one focused on the unemployment problems, not of Americans, but of black South Africans. The show was insufferable from beginning to end, it's difficult for me to believe that anyone regularly watches it, but then again if it had commercials they would undoubtedly be the same ones for boner pills, adult diapers, and various zombie-state-inducing drugs one sees on the equally unwatchable nightly "news" shows of CBS, ABC and NBC.

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
I haven't kept up with this whole NBA free agency drama involving Lebron Wade, Bosh, and Cavs owner Gilbert and the DWFs -- but... They're all gay, right? I mean, REALLY gay for each other.

Right?

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
DixieDestroyer said:
As United States Collapses, Media Leads Worship of LeBron James...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B_xBWsDpz0

Very informative video by Alex!! And nearly 200,000 views!

He said that people will be homeless and still talking about Lindsey Lohan... He should have mentioned the absurd salaries that these affletes are getting, as that would really explain the "globalist" plot.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
The front page of the sports section today in this non-NBA market featured three stories on Lebron's "historic free agency." Also prominently featured were two pictures. The one on the left showed two Cleveland DWFs at a bar; one had a handkerchief over his mouth as he was apparently crying as the "king's" decision was announced; the other had his hands on his head in anguish. The picture on the right showed a black guy and a white guy sitting side by side in a Miami bar, both ina state of orgasmicjoy.
<div></div>
<div>For some reason I watched the PBS Newshour tonight for the first time in many years. Itremains built aroundthe same doddering white liberal fossils as it did the last time I watched way back then -- Jim Lehrer, Judy Woodruff, Mark Shields, and, watching over them to make sure none deviate from the pro-government, pro-Empire, pro-Zionist script, the relatively younger, nerdish neo-conMark Brooks. LeBron's earthshaking decision was among the featured "news" segments aired on this oh-so-pompous show. Another one focused on the unemployment problems, not of Americans, but of black South Africans. The show was insufferable from beginning to end, it's difficult for me to believe that anyone regularly watches it, but then again if it had commercials they would undoubtedly be the same ones for boner pills, adult diapers, and various zombie-state-inducing drugs one sees on the equally unwatchable nightly "news" shows of CBS, ABC and NBC. </div>

The media hype over James was just insane. At least now the Cleveland DWF's hate him as does the owner and a half dozen other NBA teams which were in the James "sweepstakes." There have been a ton of articles recently about what a selfish and arrogant person James is. At least some people are awake.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I think DWFs will always be DWFs. Ok so LaBrown is gone. They will turn their misguided affection towards the next supa affelet, criminal or not.

During this whole ordeal, the frigging governor and mayor were singing a version of "we are the world" in an attempt to keep Queen James in town. This is what one would call SDWFs...Senior Drunk White Fans! Absolutely pathetic.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
if i recall correctly, there's a non-reported issue in the NBA that, if reported,should put the whole Lebron James soap opera in perspective for the DWFs ...
if my memory serves me, the NBA lost about $150 million (or was it more?) last year and had to borrow it to stay afloat.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
What I find interesting is that several teams are always wanting to get rid of highly-paid, overrated players (mostly affletes), but NO one wants to take on those contracts.

This process is just going to repeat itself with the Joe Johnson's and Amare Stoudamire's of the world....

As for the NBAs operating expenses, I think some people don't realize how much money it takes for them to fly all over the creation, and the season is LONGGGG.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Also prominently featured were two pictures.  The one on the left showed two Cleveland DWFs at a bar; one had a handkerchief over his mouth as he was apparently crying as the "king's" decision was announced; the other had his hands on his head in anguish.  The picture on the right showed a black guy and a white guy sitting side by side in a Miami bar, both in a state of orgasmic joy.

I saw footage that pushed the bile to the tip of my throat.

After the "earthshaking" decision was mercifully announced to the corporate media and white serf class"¦ revolting "live footage" emerged of local Miami Heat barflies (white) jumping for joy in celebration of their "King."Â

Naturally, as they danced and high-fived one another (trying not to spill their precious elixir), I noticed that they were dawning matching Dwayne Wade jerseys. If only their disgracefully misguided "passion"Â for the veneration of conceited millionaire negros could be redirected towards their own cause. Fat chance.

The "LeBron James Press Conference" was a vehicle of pretentiousness in the same vein as the Democratic / Republican National Conventions or the Brett Favre "Will He? Won't He?" or the Tiger Woods "I'm Sorry" circle jerk extravaganzas. I suppose when you're baptized as the premiere "star" of an ever-fading professional sport"¦your self-importance is God-Like.

It was interesting to read the comments of the Cavs owner, Gilbert. Especially the comment where he called LeBron a "coward" and referred to him as the "self-proclaimed King." Not that Gilbert is any less of a twit"¦as he's only insulting James because he wants to the Cavs to further profit from the undeserving hysteria he brings to the willingly-enslaved DWFs.Edited by: Thrashen

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Those Miami losers (wearing the Wade jerseys) are probably walking on queer-street, of the salt-and-pepa variety...

I'm glad LeBrawn left Cleveland, and him going to homo-Miami was probably the best thing. I don't like Derrick Rose (and some of the other Bulls) so I'm glad Lebron didn't go there and "help" that team out.

Highlander

Mentor
LeHype (and ESPN) are getting scorched (much to my amazement) in some of the media now:

Here's an excellent article (some great remarks) by Jason Whitlock about LeHype and ESPN's coverage of it:

"The NBA's Clown Prince"
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/lebron-james-chasing-celebrity-not-championships-070910

This was Tiger Woods II, a wounded child star revealing the toll of
celebrity and brand-building on his character, decision-making and
self-awareness.

As of right now, we have no clue if we'll ever again see the old Tiger
Woods, the ruthless, lethal golfer eclipsing Jack Nicklaus. Thanksgiving
'09 damaged that Tiger.

The Summer of '10 may have done irreparable damage to LeBron James.

Thursday night, his LeBrontourage and ESPN enablers dressed him in a
clown suit, topped it with a black hat and turned him into a buffoonish
laughingstock and villain.

Will he recover?

For seven years, James seemed to delight in, court and fuel himself
with universal adoration and respect. It's gone now, and it's not coming
back. He's a hero in Miami, a coward in New York, a spoiled,
narcissistic punk most everywhere else and Black Modell in Ohio.

Cavs fans burned his jersey in the streets. Police protected his house
in Akron and a giant "Witness"Â￾ banner in downtown Cleveland.

Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert eviscerated LeBron's reputation, telling the
Associated Press that James quit in the playoffs, wouldn't return phone
calls or text messages for more than a month and described James'
televised reality-show exit self-promotional and cowardly.

Maybe LeBron wants to be the NBA's Bad Boy, a mix of Allen Iverson,
Isiah Thomas and Bill Laimbeer. Maybe the venom directed LeBron's way
will motivate him, mature his competitive focus.

Or maybe he'll melt.

Tiger looks guilt-ridden and less confident since his flaws were
exposed, since his initial prisoner-of-war press conference turned him
into Jay Leno and David Letterman fodder.

<div><div>
The Summer of LeBron will continue on South Beach. He picks Miami.

</div>
</div>

"The Decision,"Â￾ LeBron's emotion-free, lovemaking session with Jim
Gray, Stu Scott, Mike Wilbon, Jon Barry and Chris Broussard, is
something sports fans will never forget.

It was America's first all-male, PG-13 celebrity sex tape.

The problem is, LeBron's handlers failed to warn him that sex tapes
enhance the careers of female celebrities. The men, unless strapped like
Tommy Lee and performing opposite Pamela Anderson, don't get much
bounce or they're ridiculed.

"I wanted to do what was best for LeBron James,"Â￾ King James told
Wilbon. "What LeBron James was going to do to make him happy."Â￾

Yep, his most memorable speaking line from LeDecision was delivered in
third person. He's a joke, and only the insanely dishonest will defend
his performance and the decision to host LeBron-apalooza.

LeBron and Maverick Carter, the King's right-hand man, actually thought
a $2.5 million check to the Boys and Girls Club and online scholarships
to the University of Phoenix would clean up this mess, would ease the
pain in his hometown.

Can LeBron handle the mental abuse he's about to endure? Will being
reviled energize him the way being revered did?

You can't effectively fly insulting banners over NBA arenas, but you
sure as hell can heckle and taunt with signs. The abuse some would like
to heap on Tiger Woods on the golf course, they'll be free to unload on
the new, tattooed poster child for athletic self-indulgence and
narcissism

Tiger operates in a PGA-fortified cocoon. LeBron works in the NBA's
boiling pot
ground zero for the culture war between hip-hop values and
corporate sponsorship.

He's a target now. The preening and dancing and powder-throwing have a
stench, a B.O., as in Bron Owens, the NBA's Terrell Owens.

Where was Nike? Why didn't Phil Knight put a stop to this, get James to
comprehend the risks?

No one cares about LeBron giving the advertising dollars from "The
Decision"Â￾ to the Boys and Girls Club. James would've been better served
cutting a personal check to a Cleveland/Akron charity and informing the
Cavs he was leaving immediately after the playoffs.

It appears Dan Gilbert is irate because he realizes LeBron made
LeDecision long ago. This whole spectacle was a gigantic tease, a
charade. The Cavs‘ offseason approach (draft, free agency, Mike Brown,
Danny Ferry) might have been dramatically different had the organization
known from the get-go James was leaving.

LeBron owed Gilbert and Cavs fans a heads-up.

"I wanted to do what was best for LeBron James,"Â￾ he said. "What LeBron
James was going to do to make him happy."Â￾

When James announced his decision, he didn't say he was joining Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh and the Miami Heat.
LeBron said he was going to South Beach.

He's Tiger Woods, chasing a childhood celebrity stole. LeBrand,
Maverick, Drama and Turtle are headed to South Beach to party with
D.Wade and CB4.

There'll be more new baby-mamas than championships.</font>

smiley36.gif
smiley32.gif

Edited by: Highlander

bigunreal

Mentor
I echo all the other comments here, regarding the mindnumbing nature of the LeBrown free agency hype. The reactions of all concerned; the incomprehensible conceit of "King" James, the massive overproduction of ESPN and the pitiful stupidity of the DWFs, was totally predictable.

However, the response from Cavaliers' owner Gilbert was quite surprising. Although I'm certain this guy is a typical, uncaring plutocratic businessman (after all, he pampered the "King" and desperately wanted him back at any cost), his public comments were remarkable. To my knowledge, this is the first time in the history of modern sports where a white male lashed out in this kind of fashion at any black "star" afflete, let alone an "iconic" figure like LeBron.

For what it's worth, I thoroughly enjoyed everything he said.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Highlander said:
LeHype (and ESPN) are getting scorched (much to my amazement) in some of the media now:

Here's an excellent article (some great remarks) by Jason Whitlock about LeHype and ESPN's coverage of it:

"The NBA's Clown Prince"
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/lebron-james-chasing-celebrity-not-championships-070910

Tiger operates in a PGA-fortified cocoon. LeBron works in the NBA's boiling pot, ground zero for the culture war between hip-hop values and corporate sponsorship.

Whitlock writes some things that no other sports writer, black or white, will, but he's way off about the supposed "culture war between hip-hop values and corporate sponsorship." Hip hop culture and the rest of the onslaught against traditional values that has been ongoing at a fever pitch since the late '60s, is very much corporate supported -- and created for that matter, in conjunction with (mostly) Jewish Cultural Marxists and white liberal elites who infest and direct corporations, including media corporations. The Caste System in sports is a joint corporate, cultural marxist "thang" to the core. "Hip hop culture" will only be reigned in or squashed if the ruling class feels a backlash toit threatens its power. And given the vast number of DWFs out there compared to aware Caste Footballers, that doesn't appear to be in the cards just yet.
Edited by: Don Wassall

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
There's something I always keep in mind.. anybody can post on the internet, and, contrary to what is sometimes implied, there are MANY blacks/browns that have internet access and post on internet forums, youtube, etc.

Anyways, from reading the internet, one might conclude that every NFL stadium will be filled to capacity with people, that every NBA arena will be filled to capacity with people, but that isn't the case. It's much CHEAPER to post on the internet than it is to attend these "sporting events"...

BTW, It's definitely absurd that the MSM calls him "King James" when he has ZERO Championships... that kind of annointing is par for the course, though.

bigunreal

Mentor
How can it be that Jon Scheyer has still not signed a contract?