2010 NBA Free Agency.

bigunreal

Mentor
I knew the Wizards wouldn't resign Mike Miller, once they traded for Kirk Hinrich (for the sole purpose of burying him on their bench).

No way could they let two white players play key roles.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
mrjohnnynofear said:
Maybe a bit off topic as it isn't a white athlete but it is getting amazingly crazy what people are doing to woo Lebron. Fans have put in a website begging for Lebron to stay in Cleveland along with a rally. Friend and Rapper Jay-Z brought his wife Beyonce to talk him into the Nets. The New York Knicks have brought in Fortune 500 executives and even Mayor Bloomberg will personally meet with LeBron. I understand that he may bring in tens of millions of dollars to which ever city he ends up but are you kidding me?
smiley5.gif

It's beyond ridiculous. I don't even read the local sports section because every day there is an article on "Pig" James.

Truthteller

Mentor
I've googled "David Lee/Knicks" quite a bit the last few days. The bad news (for me) is it seems he'll be leaving the Knicks. Good news is even a whole bunch of writers from notableMarxists rags in the NY area have written Lee is just as good as Stoudamire and might even be the better option for the Knicks due to the fact that he's been injured less and would cost less to sign.

Nonetheless, it appears he's gone, as much as I'd hate to see him leave.Lee and Gallo are the reason I watched the Knicks last year. I don't think I ever cared about them before those two paired up. Seems like the Knicks have to show the DWF's they are making "progress" and will likely make the change (Stoudamire v. Lee) just to show they are doing something. Also, some are suggesting LeBron is pulling their strings -- claiming he'll consider leaving for NY if they bring in Bosh orStoudamire.

Now, if Lee had to leave, where would I like to see him land?

I would not like to see him dealt to Golden State in a sign and trade for a useless/overrated Monte Ellis? Lee is too good to be traded for that sort of player. Perhaps the Nets would be a nice land spot, as I could still watch him/follow him. While the Nets new owner might be a Russian, he doesn't seem like a marxist and might actually want a guy like Lee on his team.

Lee was in Minnesota last week, which got me to thinking about the 2009 NBA draft. If the Knicks could do a sign and trade with the Timberwolves, I would "love" to see them bring Ricky Rubio to New York. Word in Europe is he's in no hurry to jump to the NBA, as long as Minnesota has his rights. A trade to NY might change things. My guess is even if the Knicks did sign James and Bosh or Stoudimire, they would still have room for Rubio and Mike Miller....Bad news, is David would be with the terrible Wolves for a while
smiley18.gif

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Lee would join Kevin Love and Al Jefferson as the T Wolves big men. That could be fun to watch Love and Lee develop chemistry in the post. From what I understand Al Jeff, won't be a TWolf for too much longer.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Lee is almost definitely gone from the Knicks. Apparently the Knicks are close to signing Stoudamire so Lee won't be back. http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/knickknacks/

What does signing Stouadamire do for the Knicks? He averaged a bit more per game last season than Lee but David is the better rebounder and passer. Losing Lee and signing Stoudamire is a downgrade for them. I guess they are hoping they can acquire "Pig" James as well.
"
Here is NY Times article. It compares Lee to Stoudamire. Not surpsingly the idiot writer says that Amare is much more athletic than Lee. Yeah right!!!!

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/07/05/who-is-better-for-knicks-stoudemire-or-lee/

Edited by: whiteathlete33

guest301

Hall of Famer
mrjohnnynofear said:
Maybe a bit off topic as it isn't a white athlete but it is getting amazingly crazy what people are doing to woo Lebron. Fans have put in a website begging for Lebron to stay in Cleveland along with a rally. Friend and Rapper Jay-Z brought his wife Beyonce to talk him into the Nets. The New York Knicks have brought in Fortune 500 executives and even Mayor Bloomberg will personally meet with LeBron. I understand that he may bring in tens of millions of dollars to which ever city he ends up but are you kidding me?
smiley5.gif

It's disgusting to see people going to such lengths to keep Lebron in Cleveland. It's like everybody in my neck of the woods lives vicariously through Lebron James as I live about a hour from Cleveland. It smacks of idol worship to me.

Truthteller

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
Lee is almost definitely gone from the Knicks. Apparently the Knicks are close to signing Stoudamire so Lee won't be back. http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/knickknacks/

What does signing Stouadamire do for the Knicks? He averaged a bit more per game last season than Lee but David is the better rebounder and passer. Losing Lee and signing Stoudamire is a downgrade for them. I guess they are hoping they can acquire "Pig" James as well.

According to the talking heads onTV, the only way Stoudamire doesn't sign with the Knicks, is if Bosh suddenly decides he wants to join LeBron in NY. In that case, the "insiders" claim NY will pull their offer to Amar'e and sign Bosh. Either way, David is likely out the door, even though he bringsmore value, is not as injury prone and just as athletic as A.S.
smiley5.gif

About the Wolves, they recently resigned Darko and added a big man from Europe (ex-#1 pick from Russia?)....somehow I get the feeling that Lee and Love would not start together. That's just a gut feeling, based mostly on the fact that Love didn't start the majority of the gameslast season, even though he played more (and better) than the guys that started ahead of him.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

Truthteller

Mentor
The Knicks insist they still might try to sign David. I definitely don't see that happening, because Stoudamire and Lee play the same spot. I hope Amar'e and his balky kneesare ready to do some heavy lifting, as the Knicks had no rebounding up front last season, other than David and Gallo (who's more of perimeter guy)...Truth is, even if the Knicks do sign LeBron, they need another big body to help Amar'e on the boards, as David took an enourmous beating during his career rebounding with little help up front. A Lee/Stoudamire tandemmakes perfect sense to me, but that's not the way things seem to be shaping up.

Looks like Chicago is being talked about asthe mostlikely destination for Lee, assuming Bosh goes elsewhere. He wants to play in a major market and he's from nearby Missouri. Who knows, if LeBron and Wade sign elsewhere, the Bulls might be able to "scrap" the Hinrich deal? Lee and Hinrich starting would make the Bulls somewhat watchable?

Another name the Knicks are reportedly looking at real hard is Luke Ridenour. My guess is if the Knicks sign LeBron, to go along with Amar'e, the DWF's and media will not raise a big stink if they sign Mike Miller and Luke Ridenour (or trade for Rubio). Basically,I can't see the "sharks in the water" accepting that many white guys on the Knicks, if they don't get LeBron. If LeBron goes elsewhere, the Knicks front-office will need to go after some overhyped talented like Ellis or Felton in hopes of calming down a bunch of depressed DWF's
smiley16.gif

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I think this would make the Lakers a bit more watchable this year.

The starting point guard job is Steve Blake's to lose, according to beat writer Kevin Ding.

Ding says that even if free agent Derek Fisher and the Lakers agree to terms, Blake will be the man. They will want to keep Fisher, 36 next month, healthy for the playoffs. Blake won't get a lot of shots off with all the weapons in L.A., but he makes 3-pointers and gets steals. If he indeed starts, he'll be on the radar in deeper fantasy formats.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I was watching Sportscenter for a few minutes this morning and they are going to have a one hour special Thursday night so Lebron can announce his decision. ESPN is in talks right now with his agent. All this for one player. The DWF's will be loving it.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I was looking at ESPN.Com and there was a photo of some loser DWFs with posters of D'Wade(I want to sound like a DWF or affelet) praying that he stays with the Heat. How pathetic to spend hours at the stadium begging this affelet to play in your town. Talk about the absurd. Now to top it, an hour long program about Queen James and his grand decision. Man, for any white to view this crap for an hour is truely mind boggeling.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Not to worry DWFs, if you turned on ESPN on at all before World Cup coverage, you;ll know that D'Wade is staying in Miami, they were talking to Wade and Bosh (they reran it once) for about 2 hours this morning.Edited by: Jack Lambert

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
whiteathlete33 said:
I was watching Sportscenter for a few minutes this morning and they are going to have a one hour special Thursday night so Lebron can announce his decision. ESPN is in talks right now with his agent. All this for one player. The DWF's will be loving it.

According to an AP article, James' "representatives" asked ESPN to air the show. Sort of like when the President of the United States asks the dinosaur networks for time to give a speech or news conference. And to ESPN, Jamesmight as well bethe POTUS, especially with Tiger Woods' temporary fall from royalty.

The same AP article calls James' free agency "dramatic and historic."

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=226&articleid=20100707_226_B6_LeBron421431

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
whiteathlete33 said:
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div>According to an AP article, James' "representatives" asked ESPN to air the show. Sort of like when the President of the United States asks the dinosaur networks for time to give a speech or news conference. And to ESPN, Jamesmight as well bethe POTUS, especially with Tiger Woods' temporary fall from royalty.</div>
<div></div>
<div>The same AP article calls James' free agency "dramatic and historic." </div>
<div></div>
<div>http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=226&amp;articleid=20100707_226_B6_LeBron421431</div>
<div></div>

Of course ESPN will be loving it because it will boost their ratings. Millions of DWF's will be glued to their televisions tomorrow night to see where Lebron will be playing next season.

In other news here is a good article about David Lee. The author states the obvious, that Lee is being overlooked. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jonathan-weiler/the-curious-case-of-the-d_b_638088.html

alln2

Guru
whiteathlete33 said:
In other news here is a good article about David Lee. The author states the obvious, that Lee is being overlooked. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jonathan-weiler/the-curious-case-of-the-d_b_638088.html

Lee to Phoenix and they turn into LA-beaters. LA only beat them because afrollete amare couldnt rebound to save his life. But of course, this will never happen, we couldnt have a white-led team win the Nba title now, could we? That would strike a great blow to the myth of negro superiority in basketball.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Is the NBAs "bubble" about to burst?

Remember, Elton Brand got that big contract from Philly a few year's ago, and then he got injured during that season, and now he doesn't seem to have much "left in the tank" at all.

Gilbert Arenas gets a ridiculous contract from the Wizards (the team he was playing on already), and then his injury-prone self got injured AGAIN... and then later we have the locker-room "gun fiasco"...

I never really liked Dick Vitale, but he said, "No one is going to pay money to go watch Joe Johnson." I have to agree with Dickie V, completely! I hear that Joe Johnson might be making upwards of 119 million. Absolute INSANITY!

Atlanta already had this "SUPERMAN" on their team, and they don't have the best regular season attendance (odd, huh?), and Joe Johnson was subpar in their recent playoff appearance!

Another team that doesn't have the best attendance (and their crowd is really quiet...) - the Memphis Grizzlies! They retain Rudy Gay with a 5 year 80 million contract. Yeah, like they are going to be "contending" anytime soon?? The "charade" has become very noticeable now. I was kind of shocked a few years ago when the Clippers' were throwing around money, like when they aquired Marcus Camby and Baron Davis (very overrated, Davis is). What a charade!!

Most of these teams aren't going to get "more attendance" - or vocalness from their crowd - next year. It is quite clear now that most NHL players make WAY LESS than these overrated NBAers, but that might be a good thing for the fanbases in most NHL cities.

Also, it's clear that more NHL teams are in contention to rise to the pinnacle of their sport (compete for Championships) compared to NBA teams.

The irony of what the media is pushing is VERY CLEAR!! Why would they want all the "supa-afflete" free agents to go to the SAME team? This is funny! It would CONFIRM (with the possible "help" from the refs as well) what we already say... MOST NBA teams have "no chance in hell" of competing for Championships...

It's just like when Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett signed with the Celtics... that's essentially what the media is repeating now. I'm not impressed.

Edited by: Deadlift

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's looking more and more like David Lee could be going to the Warriors. At first I thought that this would be a bad move but maybe not. A.Biedrens is already there so they would have two whites in the starting lineup to go along with Curry and a few other guys. Their team is not that bad and the Lakers, Suns, Mavericks and Spurs are all getting very old. Maybe if they get Lee, they would be a team to watch out for.

Still wish the Suns or Mavs would make a last minute push for him. It would be a better fit in my opinion.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Lee would be even better with Nash. It's a long shot that he ends up in Phoenix but still possible. Why would he want to go to Golden State when Phoenix is a contender and Golden State is a pretender?
Edited by: whiteathlete33

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
whiteathlete33 said:
I was watching Sportscenter for a few minutes this morning and they are going to have a one hour special Thursday night so Lebron can announce his decision.  ESPN is in talks right now with his agent.  All this for one player.  The DWF's will be loving it.
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div> </div>
<div>According to an AP article, James' "representatives" asked ESPN to air the show.  Sort of like when the President of the United States asks the dinosaur networks for time to give a speech or news conference.  And to ESPN, James might as well be the POTUS, especially with Tiger Woods' temporary fall from royalty.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>The same AP article calls James' free agency "dramatic and historic." </div>
<div> </div>
<div>http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=226&articleid=20100707_226_B6_LeBron421431</div>
<div> </div>

What a colossal crock of crapola! This is pure DWF & "brutha" bait. "Queen LeBrown" James is such a overhyped, self-important primadonna. I'm sure the myriad of sheeplized jock sniffers will be glued to the "TalmudVision" for this farce.
smiley8.gif
smiley26.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
DixieDestroyer said:
Don Wassall said:
whiteathlete33 said:

<div></div>

<div></div>

<div></div>

<div></div>

<div>According to an AP article, James' "representatives" asked ESPN to air the show. Sort of like when the President of the United States asks the dinosaur networks for time to give a speech or news conference. And to ESPN, Jamesmight as well bethe POTUS, especially with Tiger Woods' temporary fall from royalty.</div>

<div></div>

<div></div>

<div>http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=226&amp;articleid=20100707_226_B6_LeBron421431</div>

<div></div>

What a colossal crock of crapola! This is pure DWF &amp; "brutha" bait. "Queen LeBrown" James is such a overhyped, self-important primadonna. I'm sure the myriad of sheeplized jock sniffers will be glued to the "TalmudVision" for this farce.
smiley8.gif
smiley26.gif

Every single day "Pig" James is on the front page of my local sports section. I'm sick of it and can't wait till this nonsense is over. This guy is an egotistical, arrogant piece of trash. While the United States falls apart before their very eyes the DWF's are more interested in what team a negro will play for in basketball. This country is doomed for sure.

JReb1

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
Lee would be even better with Nash. It's a long shot that he ends up in Phoenix but still possible. Why would he want to go to Golden State when Phoenix is a contender and Golden State is a pretender?

The Suns would be a good fit for Lee. Have they made Lee an offer or shown any interest in him? Lee is just as good as Stoudamire and has more upside IMO. The Suns would be getting more for less...

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
JReb1 said:
whiteathlete33 said:

The Suns would be a good fit for Lee. Have they made Lee an offer or shown any interest in him? Lee is just as good as Stoudamire and has more upside IMO. The Suns would be getting more for less...

According to an article I read we will pretty much know where Lee will end up after the Lebron circus is over.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I posted earlier in the thread that the league would never let Lee go to the Suns. The two best players on a contender being white? Never. I'll be excited and glad if wrong.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Jack Lambert said:
I posted earlier in the thread that the league would never let Lee go to the Suns. The two best players on a contender being white? Never. I'll be excited and glad if wrong.

What about when Nash and Nowitzki played on Dallas?