2010 Boise State Broncos

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Here are the projected starters for the 2010 team. Boise State started 11 whites last year.

QB-Kellen Moore
WR-Tyler Shoemaker
FB-Dan Paul
TE-Tommy Gallarda
LG-Nate Potter

DE-Ryan Winterswyk
NT-Chase Baker
DE-Shea McClellin
LB- Aaron Tevis
WLB-Aaron Tevis
MLB-Byron Hout- in a fight for position
It looks possibly 11 white starters for the 2010 team. On the bright side Ryan Winterswyk is one of the top defensive ends in the country and Nate Potter may be the best tackle in the country. Wide receiver Mitch Burroughs should see some action as well. Burroughs is a kid with 4.47 speed!

Edited by: whiteathlete33

referendum

Mentor
NT Chase Baker went to a local school to me, Rocklin High in California, and Boise State has now recruited Rocklin's tight end and QB for next year.

TwentyTwo

Master
Ouuch! In state that's close to 96% white! I wouldn't complain; except there are no white DB's starting??

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
IT would be nice if Boise State would at least start a white running back. I think Brock Forsey was the last white back to start for them.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
From ESPN's Ivan Maisel:

"A Boise State linebacker intercepted quarterback Kellen Moore
twice in three plays and returned them both for scores, Chadd Cripe of
the Idaho Daily Statesman tweeted Wednesday. The linebacker: Byron
Hout. That's the most attention Hout has earned on a football field
since he stopped LeGarrette Blount's fist with his face. Here's hoping
his play earns him attention all year. And one word to describe Bronco
wideout Austin Pettis, who kicked a 45-yard field goal at practice to get the offense out of running: gamer."

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
A couple of updates for the Broncos for the Virginia Tech game.

Aaron Tevis starts at the WLB position.

Byron Hout has a chance (is in a battle) to start at MLB for the game.

Dan Paul is the FB for the team.

Nate Potter moved over to LG.

On the downside, the O-Line loses two white starters in Pendergast and Sapien. Oy!

Boise still does have the chance to start eleven whites, though.Edited by: Jack Lambert

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Wow Boise starts 4 black OL or do they have poly's??

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
celticdb15 said:

Surprisingly, I think they're all black. Boise doesn't use polys at all from the looks of their depth chart. Maybe one or two backups, but nothing close to starting this year. Still sad to see four black OLs though!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Jack Lambert said:
celticdb15 said:

Surprisingly, I think they're all black. Boise doesn't use polys at all from the looks of their depth chart. Maybe one or two backups, but nothing close to starting this year. Still sad to see four black OLs though!

Hell yeah. They must all have Ryan Claddy like "potential".

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The ironic thing about Boise St. is looking on back on the past 10 years...How did they get to this position? The main reason for their rise to national prominence is the number of white players on the team (I also think Dan Hawkins was a good coach at Boise St.), players that other schools overlooked and eventually helped build the program up. No one wanted to come to Boise St. in 2000 but after the program was built up and rose to prominence Boise St. begins recruiting affletes in large numbers from out of state.

I have really been following college football closely for the past 5 or so years, but I do remember the Boise St. teams led by Ryan Dinwiddie and Brock Forsey earlier in the decade. They laid the foundation and now it seems more and more Boise St. is drifting away from what made them successful in the first place.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Boise State has produced some tremendous white athletes this decade such as Jared Zabransky and Brock Forsey. Zabransky is so athletic that he was actually given consideration at running back. Unfortunately he was only given consideration. Since he's white he was waived. Now he's rotting on the Edmonton Eskimos.

This was one of the few teams in the country that would give white skill position players opportunities but it doesn't seem that way anymore.

Highlander

Mentor
Leonardfan said:
The ironic thing about Boise St. is looking on back on the past 10 years...How did they get to this position? The main reason for their rise to national prominence is the number of white players on the team (I also think Dan Hawkins was a good coach at Boise St.), players that other schools overlooked and eventually helped build the program up. No one wanted to come to Boise St. in 2000 but after the program was built up and rose to prominence Boise St. begins recruiting affletes in large numbers from out of state.

I have really been following college football closely for the past 5 or so years, but I do remember the Boise St. teams led by Ryan Dinwiddie and Brock Forsey earlier in the decade. They laid the foundation and now it seems more and more Boise St. is drifting away from what made them successful in the first place.
So true. Gonzaga basketball is another good example of this.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
.......But, the draftniks and boosters are now thrilled that the Broncos have "high ranking" draft classes! When all they got were those "useless white leftover scrub players", they had abysmal rankings that were hard to rally around for the DWFs
smiley29.gif

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
FootballDad said:
.......But, the draftniks and boosters are now thrilled that the Broncos have "high ranking" draft classes! When all they got were those "useless white leftover scrub players", they had abysmal rankings that were hard to rally around for the DWFs
smiley29.gif

So true.. so sick of DWFs who know nothing about the game of football and solely base their opinions on what Rivals and Scout tell them.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5529433

BOISE, Idaho -- A Boise State assistant football coach has been
arrested on suspicion of drunken driving and won't make the trip to the
Broncos' season opener in the Washington, D.C., area.

According to the Ada County Sheriff's Department, running backs coach Keith Abu Bhonapha (negro/poly mix) was arrested early Friday.

Head
coach Chris Petersen said the 30-year-old Bhonapha's arrest was a
"personnel matter" and that the team wouldn't comment -- other than to
say he wouldn't make the trip.

The third-ranked Broncos plays the No. 10 Virginia Tech Hokies at the Washington Redskins' home stadium in Landover, Md., on Monday.

According to the Ada County report, a trooper with the Idaho State Police arrested Bhonapha just before 2 a.m.

Bhonapha played for the University of Hawaii from 1999 to 2002 and was hired by Petersen at Boise State in 2006.

Boise is beating virgina tech 17 to zip with a minute to play in the 1st quarter. I know their not as white as they used to be but this is still good.

snow

Mentor
Did I miss something or did they not show pictures of Boise St's defense? I watched the beginning, they showed both offenses, and VTech's defense, but I don't recall seeing Boise St's defense. They look pretty white on the field, and have Hout playing quite a bit. I guess maybe they don't want dwf's to realize that a mostly white front 7 is so disruptive. They are holding the "star" Ryan Williams to below 2 ypc.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I've been watching the game, and Boise starts a white LT as well, haven't seen who it is, but he's been playing since I started watching.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Did I count 8 white starters for Tech? That has to be the most whites allowed to start for Tech in 15-20 years.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yeah, VT is starting more Whites than before CF existed. I still want Boise to beat them.

Highlander

Mentor
Liverlips said:
Did I count 8 white starters for Tech? That has to be the most whites allowed to start for Tech in 15-20 years.
Maybe including the punt team, otherwise they still looked pretty coal-black to me.

Wow, I saw about 70 "Guests" online not too long ago. That seems quite a bit more than usual...wonder what's bringing them here.
Edited by: Highlander

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Boise State is gaining in the polls and could soon be the number 1 ranked team in the country. That's not bad considering Boise State is half white.

Howard

Guru
I'm on the Boise St.bandwagon only because they are joining the MWC. Utah and BYU are permanently on my sh*tlist. I still think Utah busts the BCS. I think Oregon St gets Boise.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Howard - saying BYU is on your sh*t list is a sin around here.

No other team has been so fair to white athletes.

May they go undefeated and make the DWFs and black racists cry (just like in 1984).