2009 Pre-Season

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Hass finally gets a ball thrown in his direction.

he was open deep, as usual, but the ball hung up because the Seattle qb was hit as he threw. Hass had to stop and wait on the ball, allowing the defensive back to close and break up the pass.

Hass seems to always be open ...

also, Logan Payne looks fast as hell as a gunner on punts.

backrow

Hall of Famer
yeah, he definitely made the team. too nad Swift and Payne didn't really do much tonight.

EDIT: talking about Nick Reed hereEdited by: backrow

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Did anyone see Hass even playing before the fourth quarter? I didn't, though I didn't watch the entire game. IfHass didn't play before the fourth quarterthat's an ominous sign that he's going to get screwed yet again. Given Jim Mora's recordwith the Falcons-- continuing into a new generation the Caste zealotry of his father --it's hard to have much faith that Year Four of one of the all-time great college wideouts attempting tomake an NFL teamis going to end any better thanhow Lovie Smith and Sean Payton treated him.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Riddlewire said:
Instead of wasting all his time acquiring so many runningbacks as soon as he showed up, perhaps McDaniels should have tried to improve his secondary.

smiley43.gif
No kidding. Though they did bring in 35 year old Brian Dawkins. He can't play anymore but at least he's a "revered leader," a title most blacks are crowned withif they are still in the league at that age.

All four of the starters in the Denver secondary are in their 30s. Sounds like a prescription for another long season on defense.

Bear Backer

Mentor
backrow said:
wow, McDaniels, having Peyton and Larsen an even quite powerful Jordan goes for trying to throw it in from the one yard line... to be honest, Gaffney should have had this first one, wideeeeeeee open in the end zone.

let's hope for even more from Peyton. do you think Broncos miss Cutler yet? :D

I am starting to think McDaniels might seriously be a one and done type guy in Denver.

bigunreal

Mentor
I watched much of last night's Redskins-Eagles game, as well as the late game on the NFL network (Broncos-Seahawks). It wasn't easy (especially the Redskins- as Don noted, Joe Theismann is just about as bad an announcer as there is). Some impressions:

- It gets harder to watch any game, merely because of the increasing presence of the fat, out of shape black "affletes." How can this continue to go on without someone, somewhere, noting it? Doesn't anybody other than me question what kind of "excerise" these blubbery sumos can possibly be doing in training camp and practice?

- It gets harder every year to watch the hordes of woeful black RBs, DBs and WRs win spots on team rosters despite often being smaller, slower and far less productive than the few white players who are courageously battling against them on an unlevel playing field. Seattle is blatantly discriminating against Mike Hass by giving a bunch of under achieving, perpetually injured veterans (Branch, Burleson) and nondescript younger blacks (Kent, Butler) all the playing time. Hass doesn't hit the field until late in the game, which is a sure sign he's going to be cut (as if it wasn't already obvious). If he is cut again, maybe Hass should hire a lawyer and try to sue the league through the courts. Of course, there's little chance for him there, but perhaps that's a better option for him than speaking out publicly.

- It is SO dramatically clear that Peyton Hillis is Denver's best RB. Running mediocre, over the hill blacks like Buckhalter and Jordan ahead of him proves, in and of itself, that the Broncos are not interested in putting their best players on the field. That's just one of many reasons I think the games are fixed. The coaches and management KNOW they are disriminating against white players, and would rather play lesser blacks (Darrius Walker? Come on!) than bigger, faster, more skilled whites.

- Jason Campbell is one of the worst, if not the worst, of the affirmative action QBs in the league. It's yet another hate crime that he is an unthreatened starter while Tyler Thigpen, David Carr, Kyle Boller, etc., are firmly entrenched in the clipboard carrier niche and will never be given chances again.

I still love fantasy football, for some unknown reason, but other than that, there is absolutely no reason to follow today's NFL.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Here are a few minor updates and just some of my thought:

Kirk Morrison has a dislocated able which means Ricky Brown will take over his position as the starting MLB

Jon Beason was injured so Dan Connor should get more playing time

Luke McCown will probably be cut so Tampon Bay can boast an all black QB depth chart. McCown does have the ability to start in this league. I think the Jags might be looking at him.

Im just really disappointed about Hass. I do not think he will make the team, not because of a poor performance but because of the caste system. To see him get screwed year after year is really disheartening to me. I am hoping he does get picked up when cut because there are so many teams with terrible wr corps. I do think Payne has a shot since he made the team last year and excels at special teams as well.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I'm pretty sure a lot of Denver fans love Hillis and want to see him at HB, But Josh McDaniels the "whiz kid" has different ideas. Hillis should be their main back. Not just a few carries. I hate McDaniels. Seriously, Darius Walker ahead of Hillis? This guy is desperatly trying NOT to play Hills at HB. I don't know if Denver fans would stand for that. I agree with Riddlewire, instead of forcing Hillis back to FB and signing 50 other horrible black RBs to take his spot, he should have tried to upgrade that horrible defense. Not just the secondary, that whole defense couldn't stop a high school offense. Do the Broncos even have one white defensive player who has a chance to see any playing time this year? Maybe if it goes on too long this year and the Broncos RBs suck, and the coaching staff doesn't put Hillis in, maybe some DWFs might actually wake up to the caste system.

Good post, bigunreal. I agree with everything in that post, especially how hard it is year after year to watch horrible black WRs, HBs, and DBs, make these teams when more talented white players get screwed. An example here has to be Josh Reed of the Bills, whom I could probably outrun. This guy has no business being close an NFL roster, much like 50-75% of other black recievers.

Also, it does get tiring and boring watching these horribly out of shape, black "affletes" attempt to play the game. Do they do more than one 20 yard sprint in practice? They are so grossly out of shape and obese, it isn't even funny.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I find it funny that people still buy into the black superiority myth. You have the coal black teams that suck year after year even though the rosters are stacked with blacks.

Maybe the tea parties will have overlap into the realm of sports as well. With more and more people getting sick of the antics these affletes display every week. Just a thought.

referendum

Mentor
Also, Dane Looker went from building a deck on his house last weekend to being Lions reception yardage leader, and Myers (forgot his first name), in competition to becoming Zack Miller's backup in Oakland had 75 yards in receptions. He made one great long reception. I was horrified to see three blacks starting on Oaklands O-line though.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Denver fans seem like the least likely to be dwfs. Most of them realize that Hillis is the best back on the roster, so I hope they speak out against the coach about not starting the best players and refuse to buy tickets or watch the games. I stopped going and watching Saints games during the Haslett era after Delhomme played way better than Brooks and was cut, took his new team the Superbowl. I wasn't even aware of a caste system then, but I realized the whole "the coaches are going to play the best players that give them a chance to win" was false. By the way Marc Bulger, Jake Delhomme, JT O'Sullivan were all backups to Brooks who are still in the league while Brooks is still waiting for that phone call.

I keep hitting my head on the wall every day because my wife and I moved to Louisiana from Denver to where I grew up. It was a financial reason but still, at least there are SOME decent fans, more White people and Colorado State has a White RB and CB!

At least its good to know fans are waking up in some parts of the country, when a White player gets cut here nobody questions it even if that player was good (I could go on forever with a list, Hass all the way back to Poole, etc). Fans are still screaming to cut Shanle who has improved greatly at WLB. This is after Vilma has come out and said he wouldnt be playing as well if it weren't for Shanle, and Sean Payton coming out and saying Shanle was one of the best on the team. Even the new D-coordinator (who fans think is this genius guru that is going to turn 2 fat DE's into great pass rushers) who knew nothing of Shanle before arriving here came out and said he was pretty damn good and is glad to be working with linebackers of their caliber (Fujita, Vilma, Shanle)

Diehard LSU fans laugh at the idea of Hester being a RB in the pros or Steltz being a starting FS. This is after seeing it with their own eyes that they were good (there is no way LSU makes it to national championship without Hester, so many 3rd and short/4th and short that Les Miles "gambled on" that Hester picked up to keep the drives going, when everything else failed on offense all that they had to do was run Hester who would always get positive yardage no matter what the situation, which is why they had like 5 losses the year after he is gone, those same situations, Charles Scott failed to pick up half of the time).

It is like they are not watching, but rather listening. A while back when the afflete LT Jammal Brown was injured, a White linemen Zach Strief came in and did fine, he got beat once. Keep in mind he is a backup RT that had 2 days notice to fill in for the LT spot. But the announcers kept dissing him the whole game talking about how unathletic he was and that he kept getting beat (they showed footage of Brees getting sacked several times, even though 1 of them was Strief getting beat, the others were of the RG Evans getting beat three times (fans think Evans is the best guard in the league). I proved on video on a Saints forum that i post on that he did not play bad, and then compared it to film of Jammal Brown, made a few people realize that he was actually good. Yet now that Jammal Brown is out again a season later, they keep talking about how Strief was horrible during the Bears game.

So, IMO it is the announcers and media that keep fans from questioning the caste system the most. Fans dont REALLY watch the game, like seriously watch it, they casually watch it while listening to the announcers. I hate how preseason is set up, when the backups are in competing for a roster spot, they are busy interviewing someone on the sidelines and rarely say squat about a big play a White guy just made.

Does anybody know who the White guy that was being helped off the field last night during the Broncos/Seahawks game? I hope it wasn't Reed, that guy should seriously be starting.

I mainly watched the Saints/Texans game last night. James Casey looked good but some scrub DB laid a dirty hit on him. He was in the very next play, he should have had a play to catch his breath. Matt Simon the one White WR on the Saints who looked good last preseason game did not play. Adrian Arrington played in his spot, made a catch very similar to Simon and now fans are saying there is no way the Saints can cut Arrington.

There was also a dirty hit I believe on Harrington, who looked to pretty good, he did a decent job of running the offense.

Shockey still looked good. I know some of you said he is overrated, but the guy is good. He plays the game all out and rough(which is why he gets injured alot). He runs in the 4.5's. He doesn't take crap from anybody, when the Saints were practicing against the Texans some black linebacker pushed him and Shockey fought back, and then had to take on several black Texans, yet he still managed to body slam the original guy to the ground. Keep in mind last season he played with a double sports hernia, and came back way sooner than he was supposed to, which is why he didn't look as good, he still caught 50 passes for around 500 yards. He only dropped a few and you could see from his face that he was in pain when he dropped it. How many black athletes would play in the type of pain Shockey plays through?Edited by: dwid

backrow

Hall of Famer
Luke McCown actually had a much better game this week than Leftwich, so the race is back on. at the very least he should be able to show his skills and some other team will take a flyer at him.

referendum

Mentor
Didn't notice anyone mentioning Lance Long on Arizona with 3 catches and 41 yards. I read somewhere that if he's cut, the Chiefs might be interested in him.

chris371

Mentor
On the subject of Shockey, ive seen him line up at outside receiver for the giants and run a fade. He just ran straight by the black CB. The guy is really good. I remember the commentator saying that the black DB has no chance because shockey is such a better athlete. Very rare to hear that.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
chris371 said:
On the subject of Shockey, ive seen him line up at outside receiver for the giants and run a fade. He just ran straight by the black CB. The guy is really good. I remember the commentator saying that the black DB has no chance because shockey is such a better athlete. Very rare to hear that.

Yes you are correct on that Chris. Shockey is one of the most athletic tight ends in the league. The Giants didn't use him correctly and he never reached his potential. By that I mean he should have had several 1000 yard receiving seasons by now. He did have two season with almost 900 but still. I see him being as talented as Tony Gonzalez and he has the ability to put up Gonzalez type numbers.

green fire317

Banned
well there are no games on tonight, but the Jets and Ravens are playing tommorow night. Hopefully the nation will be able to see the talent that guys like Leonhard, Zbikowski, and Woodhead have. Although it might be kind of hard because the announcers seem to be in love with Mark Sanchez for whatever reason.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
dwid said:
So, IMO it is the announcers and media that keep fans from questioning the caste system the most. Fans dont REALLY watch the game, like seriously watch it, they casually watch it while listening to the announcers.

Good post, just wanted to quote this little part because the great bulk of fans when they watch a game watch only the quarterback, because he's the one with the ball. It's impossible to keep track of what the other 21 players are doing, which is why fans are so easily influenced by what announcers say, and by what they read in the newspapers and internet forums and hear on sports talk shows.

Most people are conformists who want to be "hip" to what the system presents as hip; they are followers as most people always have been.And what's presented to them as hip in sports isalmost always tilted in a pro-black, anti-white direction, as is everything else in our media-dominated society. Americans have been successfully detached from independent thinking, and even from their natural instincts. Football is a great (and scary) example of how the mass mind can be conditioned to see and accept lies as truth.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
green fire317 said:
does anyone know if Zbikowski is going to start this year? or are the Ravens still in love with Landry?

An appropriate post for the Tommy Z thread in the Ravens forum. And, again, if this is something you're interested in,try finding out the answer yourself and reporting your findings to us.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
Tons of white athletes seeing time for the Ravens on defense, either first-teamers, or rotation guys.

Paul Kruger (!) and Jarrett Johnson start at two linebacker spots while Kelly Gregg assumes his spot at the nose tackle. Backup NT Justin Bannan, who started in Gregg's absence last year, has worked in on a few plays. Tommy Zbikowski and Haruki Nakamura haven't been in yet.

For some reason Jets' safety Jim Leonhard is returning punts. Probably just trying different guys out, but it seems odd to throw a starting defensive back out there.

Lot of praise for Ravens' newly acquired center Matt Birk.

Taco

Guru
i saw Nakamura in there for the 1st quarter. Zbikowski returned a punt but i havent seen him on the field, i could have missed him. Leonhard was a good returner for the ravens even when he started for them, so hes used to it.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
PhillyBirds, Leonhard was returning punts already in his days in Baltimore. Same coach in New York, so I'm guessing Ryan is just using him like he did in Baltimore. Still, usually starting DBs don't return punts.

Edit: Didn't see Taco's post there.Edited by: Jack Lambert

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Leonhard was also a record setting kick returner when he played for Wisconsin.