2009 Pre-Season

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Danny Amendola had a good game too, with 3 runs for 21,  2 catches for 40 yards, 2 KR for 47 and a PR for 6! Jordy Nelson had 3 catches for 50 yards. Jacob Tamme had 4 catches for 35. Brian Leonard ended up with 9 runs for 64 yards and a TD plus 2 catches for 8 yards. Eic Peterman had 2 catches for 25 yards. Jerheme Urban had 2 catches for 33, and teammate Sean Morey had 1 catch for 6 yards but lost a fumble. Lance Long was used as a KR and had 2 for 64. Greg Camarillo had 2 catches while his competition Bess had 5, but for less than 40 yards total. Hopefully, Brian Hartline will be starting over Bess. 

Sorry Colonel- I see you beat me to the report. I'll be very pissed if Peterman gets cut more than anyone else, but I think best case scenario is the practice squad for him right now.
smiley19.gif

I think Peterman was the best undrafted WR, hands down, and the biggest combine snub. I had Peterman ranked as a 3rd round WR btw.

Yeah Tough J., if Leonard, Woodhead, Hester and Hillis all started one weekend and all rushed for over 100 yards, that would be a huge accomplishment and we might be celebrating ourselves. In reality though, on sports center, which all the DWFs watch they may only show the highlights of one or two of those players if that incredible anomaly did indeed happen. So it would mostly go unnoticed, but there would be some DWFs that would hear about it. Crazier things have happened in the world, although in a fair world that wouldn't be crazy and you'd have 16 or 17 starting wite TBs.

Riddlewire

Master
Did Hillis play at all in the Denver game? I see that he didn't accrue any statistics.

bigunreal

Mentor
Sorry again to be pessimistic, but look at what we're relegated to hoping for: Matt Jones just to be signed somewhere, Mike Hass to make the Seahawks as a FIFTH WR, John Standeford to make the Lions as a FIFTH WR, Danny Woodhead to make the Jets as a FOURTH RB, Brian Leonard to make the Bengals as a THIRD RB, etc.

Of course, there were some pleasant surprises; Brian Hartline, for instance, looked to be the unexpected starter at WR for the Dolphins, but then inexplicably was sent out with the second unit in tonight's final preseason game and dropped a pass. No margin for error there, as we all know. I have no doubts that he will now incomprehensibly fall to 3 or 4 on the depth chart. Gee, I wonder who the #2 WR will be? Will Austin Collie, highly productive in college and impressive in camp and preason, hold off little known hands of stone Pierre Garcon for the Colts' #3 WR position? The fact that this is even in doubt at all tells us everything we need to know about the Caste System.

Then there is Peyton Hillis, whose talent is so obvious even a green young Caste whore like McDaniels has to at least partially acknowledge it. Still, the best we can hope for is that he gets goal line carries and maybe 10 combined touches per game. Considering that he's still laboring behind the future Hall of Famer Correll Buckhalter on the depth chart, that's hardly any victory.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Not only laboring behind Buckhalter, but blocking his butt off, playing special teams, returning kicks, just the opposite of how highly talented blacks are kept off special teams and not forced to do anything more than their specialty. Hillis, like almost all running backs, enters the NFLat his peakability, unlike other positions. A few yearswearing him down throughblocking and playing special teams and he'll never be an elite runner. His time is now, but with Moreno this year's number one pick we know it again will take injuries for Hillis to be the featured back.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Just viewed the highlights of Woodhead and Leonard. Man, Danny's runs looked explosive, but you expect that with his 4.3 or 4.4 speed. It was great watching him run away from the affelets.

Brian in a way was more impressive. He had a great 25 yard run with a great burst of speed and the famous Leonard leap! over some dufus affelet who had his head pointed toward the turf.

On his TD run he demonstrated great vision and shifted his route to get into the end zone. If he is not the nbr 2 or 3 back, the caste system has strengthened its grip.

Riddlewire

Master
I just watched the Sportscenter immediately after the Boise-Oregon game. The first game they covered was Eagles-Jets. There were no Woodhead highlights. It was all Michael Vick and then the Vick press conference.
Where can I see Danny's runs? Youtube?

Westside

Hall of Famer
Riddlewire go to NFL.Com to see them.

backrow

Hall of Famer
i'm happy that Logan Payne got his shot, but will it be enough? 2 cathces for game high 63 yards and a TD SHOULD be just what the doctor ordered. he's clearly one of te two top receivers in Seattle, they might no see it like that. Mike Hass has no shot to make a roster, i don't think realistically. They just didn't give him a chance throughout the preseason.

Lance Long is as good as gone. Danny Amendola might just make it.

Kaptain

Master
ESPN does it again. Today's ESPN Jets vs Eagles highlights showed exactly zero highlights of Danny Woodhead with his 158 yards and 2 touchdowns. They did show a lot of Michael Vick Highlights - if you can call them that. After the video highlights they showed the stat line of the two teams QB's and top RB's. The commentator read everyone's stats except, of course, Danny Woodhead's.

Pollyanna

Guru
Lets all concentrate our best wishes for Danny, Mike and Logan in order to help manifest an optimum reality for them. The last thing they need right now is a collective negative, that will only impede positive energy flow.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I can't believe I missed the Jets game and Danny last night (I was out). I am beaming with excitement reading all these posts! I knew our guys could perform like this if just given the chance.

The local media and fans seems to be on Danny's side. His rushing total "was the second-highest preseason single-game rushing total since 1992, when the NFL began recording preseason stats".

From the NY press: Woodhead Makes Major "run" For JobEdited by: Freethinker

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
ESPN shows Mike Vicks easy Td scamper but failed to show his two lost fumbles and interception. Interesting agenda mhmhmhmhm...?

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I noticed DT Nick Reed of the Seahawks finished the pre-season with 4.5 sacks, an into and a few forced fumbles. He should be a lock to make the team.

smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Yes Nick Reed had the most sacks this preseason and Jason Babin is in a tie with several players for second. Jamie Silva also had the most tackles!

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Pollyanna said:
Lets all concentrate our best wishes for Danny, Mike and Logan in order to help manifest an optimum reality for them.  The last thing they need right now is a collective negative, that will only impede positive energy flow.

Is it true you're the optimistic White Noise? Your posts are giving me quite the chuckle.

On Payne's TD, annoucner said, "Believe it or not, he's one of the fastest players on the team."

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
GreatLakeState said:
On Payne's TD, annoucner said, "Believe it or not, he's one of the fastest players on the team."

Yeah, most fans would NOT believe it. Most fans probably still don't think Woodhead is a "real" NFL tailback. He runs a 10.5 100 meter and a 4.33/4.38 40 and I found an article talking about how people have doubted, not only his size, but his speed and ability since he graduated H.S- even scouts.

And ESPN has given Woodhead's second best pre-season game since 1992 for a RB zero coverage. I actually almost couldn't believe what I was reading, when you guys reported that all Sports Center showed was some ConVick and Jeremy Maclin plays for the Eagles and Mark Sanchez for the Jets. Woodhead was by far the biggest story of not only that game, but the whole night.

This is so outrageous that it might actually backfire on ESPN and the whiteRivals media- when they continue to ignore all white talent despite all evidence stacked against them. More people are waking up! A

And some clown announcer reads all the other top stats of the game, but ignores the actual "top stat", please. This is pure racism.

Oh, and the same announcer thought it was pretty funny that Payne, seconds after scoring a TD, then had to bust ass on kickoff coverage.

foobar75

Master
The sad thing is all the local Seattle media could focus on was Ben Obomanu, Courtey Taylor, and Jordan Kent for one of those last WR spots. No one is even mentioning Payne or Hass, as if they do not even exist. It's very frustrating.

Hass is clearly done, but I really hope Payne is in. Edited by: foobar75

A small-town Michigan boy! May be half-Mexican, I think, but we'll take him.

backrow

Hall of Famer
players put on IR (injured reserve):

Ryon Bingham, DL Chargers

Dusty Dvoracek, DT Bears

Adam Carriker, DL Rams

Sean McHugh, TE/FB Steelers

Rob Meier, DT Jaguars

Jason Phillips, MLB Ravens

Colt Brennan, QB Redskins

Matt Roth, OLB Dolphins (PUP - can be activated after 6 weeks)