2009 Ole Miss Rebels

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
New Miss has been one of the worst Caste programs since 2005. That year they started just 2 whites, 3 in 06', 4 in 07', and back down to 3 in 08'. Houston Nutt is making this whole team even blacker than it has been through his recruiting. I didn't see a white backup listed on the defensive two-deep chart. Wake up you drunk white "Rebels!"

Offense
QB Jevan Snead
FB Andy Hartmann
LT Bradley Sowell
LG Reid Neely
RG Brandon Green
Edited by: Jack Lambert

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Just looking over the depth chart for the Memphis game and noticed they will start a White RG, Brandon Green.

Deacon

Guru
I tuned in to see the Ole Miss/South Carolina game last night and it was like watching Grambling vs. Southern. Nothing but Brothas. I flicked the TV off and did something else instead. The game was very boring anyway.

devans

Mentor
I just watched some of that game. there is no way anyone could watch the whole thing. The standard of play was poor. Few completions. Lots of confusion, people running the wrong way, missed tackles, missed blocks. It was very amateurish.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Deacon and devans, I agree with you both. Pathetic black ball is difficult to watch. New Miss was grossly overrated, and now South Carolina will be too. I heard one of the motor mouths say they should be in the top 15 now. What? LSU is another overrated SEC team.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I know, I hated watching that crap, I had to turn the channel, the level of play was so mediocre. The only time I will ever cheer for Spurrier was last night to beat this hugely overrated team. That should knock New Miss out of the top 10, the top 5 at the least.

Besides Florida and Alabama, where is the rest of the "best conference in college football?"

I'm a Cornhusker fan, and I know we could probably beat every SEC team besides those two, or at the very least, push them to the limit.

Daimon

Hate to see it but as an Arkie I see Coach Nutt is reverting to his old tricks. Playing not to lose instead of to win.It will get worse Ole Miss fans until you also have a belly full of him.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Daimon, your comment makes me think of a video clip about Nutt when he was at Arkansas.

[TUBE]ayBRMFUTGOQ[/TUBE]

Edited by: Colonel_Reb

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
That's why I was smart enough to not tune into this pathetic game guys!
smiley2.gif

I think we are going to see a rise of white teams like Stanford and BYU now that they have landed big QB recruits. The problem with these teams was the lack of quality white QBs and o-lineman. These schools would get the white gems passed over by the big name schools at other positions, due to farce scouting ratings, but were weak in QB and o-line recruits.

Now Stanford has Andrew Luck and BYU has arguably the best QB recruit in the nation this year coming in in Jake Heaps. We could be seeing a national championship from either of these two teams in a couple years if they continue recruiting like this. BYU had the talent already to beat FSU, but Max Hall was outplayed by Christian Ponder...oh well!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here's the best clip on Nutt I've seen.

[TUBE]0d4mVHDtkK4[/TUBE]

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The pandering and wallowing in guilt never ends:

Ole Miss tweaks fight song

The University of Mississippi has shortened one of its fight songs to discourage football fans from chanting "the South will rise again" during part of the tune, which critics say is an offensive reminder of the region's intolerant past.

However, some fans have continued to recite the chant at the end of the song, "From Dixie With Love," despite the change made last week at the chancellor's request. The Ole Miss band performs the medley before and after games.

Earlier this month, the Ole Miss student government passed a resolution suggesting the chant be replaced by the phrase, "To hell with LSU."
Dan Jones, who became Ole Miss chancellor in July, said he asked the school's band director, David Wilson, to modify the song to support the efforts of the Associated Student Body. He said he has received complaints from alumni that the slogan is offensive.

"The fact is, the phrase 'The South Will Rise Again' is not part of our tradition or spirit, and it is inconsistent with the university's values and what Ole Miss stands for -- a great public university with a focus on the future," Jones said in a phone interview Thursday from the campus in Oxford.

The modified version of the song ends abruptly before the chanting phase starts. It was first played Saturday at Ole Miss's homecoming game against the University of Alabama at Birmingham, but that didn't stop some fans from chanting.

Brian Ferguson, 26, head of the Colonel Reb Foundation, said he views the university actions as an attempt to silence students.

"I think it's a big to-do about nothing. There were very few people other than the students who knew to say it," said Ferguson, whose organization works to preserve traditions at Ole Miss. But Ferguson agreed that the chant really isn't a tradition.

"If the students get fired up and upset enough about it, they're going to continue to say it. Our biggest fear is that that's going to lead them to eliminate 'From Dixie With Love,' altogether."

The song blends the Confederate Army's fight song, "Dixie," with the Union Army's "Battle Hymn of the Republic," according to Peter K. Frost, a visiting professor of history and international studies at Ole Miss.

The school has worked to erase its image as a bastion of the Old South, which was solidified in 1962 when James Meredith's admission as the first black student led to a bloody standoff.

The university six years ago decided not to have an on-field mascot during sporting events, getting rid of the long-standing Colonel Rebel, a white-haired old man who carries a cane and resembles a plantation owner. At the time, school officials had said they needed a more athletic-looking mascot. The teams are still called the Rebels.

Sophomore Cortez Moss, director of communications for the ASB, said the organization is trying to explain to students why the phrase is offensive.

"You take back on that slave mentality," said Moss, who is black. "I know the South won't rise again and the South can't rise again."

Former Netscape CEO Jim Barksdale, who donated $100 million to the university in 2000, said the chant should be abandoned.

"I hope it will pass on quietly and the students will refrain from the chant, but I found out a long time ago it's hard to tell students what to say and what not to say," Barksdale said Thursday.

Roun McNeill, a former ASB president who is now in law school at Ole Miss, said his own decision to refrain from the chant was easily made.

"I said the chant one day and there was a black family sitting in front of me and they turned around and gave me this look like I hurt them," McNeill said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=4586847

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
New Miss is full of white self loathers and race pandering sissified fraternity brats. "To hell with" all of them and "From Dixie With Love" too! Its a bastardized version of Dixie that was only adopted to replace that song after it was deemed "offensive." Everyone at that Godforsaken stinkhole makes me sick beyond words!

And one other thing, Jim Barksdale's ancestors are spinning in their graves. Pathetic POS!

I agree 100% Col. Reb, even after they have suppressed the South for decades, they want to erase every last bit of evidence that there ever were proud white Southerners who founded universities like Ole Miss. They want to spit in their face and diminish the incredible history of the people who created states like Mississippi out of sheer wilderness with hostile Indians. Screw them and those pathetic excuses for men who change their behavior because "there was a black family sitting in front of me and they turned around and gave me this look like I hurt them." If someone is so insecure that they feel hurt when someone says "The South will rise again," they don't have much going for them anyway, so why should we change for them?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Of course, in the notes under them being the 7th most disappointing team, they blame it on the white guy QB, Snead, and the picture just shows him, his white coach, and the white fullback. 'Cuz it's all the fault of these white guys.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Yeah Football Dad, I noticed that too. I also noticed, that in all but the Ohio State and Virginia Tech slides, they showed White Coach or White Player or both. Although I personally think that coaches like Nutt, Leavitt, Stoops, and Zook are at fault for these horrible nearly all black teams, and deserve part of the blame, with the rest going to the hands of stone, and poor tackling affletes they recruit.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I guess I was being a bit too optimistic about it then, and that's pretty rare for me.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I was just commenting on the pictures that go with each one. After reading it again, I agree with Reb, it has some fair points in it.

Daimon

Please spare me! Its true I am a Razorback fan but I do have Mississippi connections as I received my Masters from Southern Miss. Now I know that USM is NOT Ole Miss and that Ole Miss fans hate Southern Miss fans. However, that's not my gripe here.My gripe is I just saw previews for that damn movie whereby the white wealthy Mississippian couple takes in the homeless Negro, who is now a football star at Ole Miss. The problem with such movies is that Hollywood can never just entertain, it must always indoctrinate and rub white peoples faces in the multiracial monstrosity America has become.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
STUNNA said:
The white QB at ole piss is struggling this year

So are his 20 black starting teammates.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
guest301 said:
STUNNA said:
So the blacks are the reason he is throwing to the other team

Go away Troll.
Naw, I don't mind folks like "STUNNA" interloping here on the site, it's fun to edumencate them. Snead has had a down year, but not horrendous. He's 134 out of 258 (only 51.9% completion ratio), and has 17 TD's vs. 13 picks. Now, it doesn't help that he is running for his life since his affletic linemen don't block, and that Bolden and McCluster have underachieved mightily this year. Oh, not to mention his WR corps that are butterfingers. In my limited time watching New Miss, I've noticed 4 of his picks went right off of/through the hands of said receivers.

So yes, a large degree of his Suck-cess is a direct result of the darkly pigmented complementary personnel.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Another "superior" blacklete bites the dust during practice. Baffling stuff.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/Ole-Miss-football-player-dies-in-hospital-after-collapse-in-practice

A University of Mississippi football player has died after collapsing
during the first day of team workouts.

<div ="fs- right inlineWrapper" style="width: 200px;">

abram-inside_20100219193341_0_0.JPG

Bennie F. Abram

Itawamba Community College Athletic Department </span>

</div>

The university says 20-year-old Bennie F. Abram died Friday at a
hospital in Oxford. The non-scholarship junior transferred from
Itawamba Community College last fall.

Trainers noticed that Abram
was having difficulty early Friday shortly after the workout started.
Officials say the trainers began first aid and called 911. Abram died
several hours later.

Lafayette County Coroner Rocky Kennedy says
an autopsy will be performed Saturday. He says there's no foul play
involved. The high temperature in Oxford reached 57 degrees Friday.

Black Coach
trapped inside a White Coach's body Houston Nutt called Abram a hard worker and fine young man.