2009 FCS Playoffs

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
We still have a couple of teams left to root for in the Quarterfinals. New Hampshire plays at Villanova and Montana hosts Stephen F. Austin.

Undefeated (12-0) Montana starts 18-19 whites including RB Chase Reynolds.

(9-2) New Hampshire has a great white RB in Chad Kackert and 12 other white starters.

I'll be pulling for New Hampshire and Montana to advance to the Semifinals.

qj

Guru
You can watch the Montana game on ESPN360.com. I think it's Sat. at 2 pm EST. The Griz came back from a 27 point deficit last Saturday to win against SDSU. Chase Reynolds is a very productive runner and scoring machine. Mariani is an outstanding punt and kickoff returner and WR. The O-line is dominant and gets stronger as the game goes on into the 3rd Qtr. They've had a good history against S.F. Austin. Personally, I think some of the eastern teams such as William and Mary or Richmond might be a little better. However, if Montana wins on Saturday, the east coasters will have to play in Missoula which will greatly favor the Griz. All-in-all, it looks like the Griz have a great shot at least getting into the Nat'l championship game in TN.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Montana is absolutely destroying Stephen F. Austin, 48-0 in the 3rd quarter! One of SFA's black sumos just had the bonehead play of the week. It was hilarious!

Villanova is up on New Hampshire 17-0 early in the 2nd quarter.

qj

Guru
Yeah, Montana really put it to the (mostly black) guys from big Texas. SFA moved the ball but they kept turning the ball over and dropping passes, etc. You can guess who was doing most of the dropping and fumbling and bumbling. Montana also made some really nice defensive adjustments which resulted in 2 picks. It could've been a much different game if SFA didn't turn the ball over so much. The only turnover MT made was when the black RB (who otherwise had a really good game BTW) fumbled the ball in the 3rd qtr. Mariani really burned the black SFA secondary today and Chase Reynolds had a memorable rush into the endzone early in the game. Like I wrote above, Reynolds is a scoring machine. Next week the Griz host the semifinal game against an East coast school. My opinion is that the East Coast teams seem a little better; however, the game will be played in Missoula, so the Griz have a big advantage there. Also, the MT O-line is really, really impressive and imposing. The commentator stated 2 of them are NFL prospects. If you want to beat the Griz, you have to score on them early as they often start slow, but over the course of the game, the O-line and defense get stronger and stronger. By the 3rd Qtr, the O-line is just crushing the defense.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I looked at Stephen F. Austin's (and Sam Houston State's) recruiting classes a couple of years ago - and I thought to myself - "are these freaking HBCs?" Pathetic!

A lot of White athletes aren't even "filtered down" to the lower levels of college football; They just disappear completely..

qj

Guru
Deadlift said:
Yeah, I looked at Stephen F. Austin's (and Sam Houston State's) recruiting classes a couple of years ago - and I thought to myself - "are these freaking HBCs?" Pathetic!

A lot of White athletes aren't even "filtered down" to the lower levels of college football; They just disappear completely..

That's why it's important to support teams that actually start white players, especially in skill positions. If you know a really good white HS player, the Griz would be more than happy to take a look, so would BYU and quite a few other good programs. Hass was recruited by the Griz, but chose to walk-on at Oregon State. Bottom line is there are some really good programs that play largely white players and do really well like MT and BYU. In my opinion, the Griz are the most popular team in MT, not simply because of their great success, but because their team really represents the people of MT. In order to really reflect the people of MT, the team naturally HAS to be largely white. But look at Montana State University in contrast. MSU imports a considerable number of black players and was seriously impaired by a drug and murder scandal a few years ago that involved imported players. In th same vein, why would I watch or support the local sports team like the resident NBA team when it does not in any way reflect the community as a whole? My town is largely white but the big basketball team plays almost all black players. Same goes for whole leagues like the NBA. However, if you look, you will find teams that DO reflect the community. When you do, support them and shun the ones who don't. Montana hosts Appalachian State next Saturday. It looks like the game will be on ESPN360.com and/or ESPN (TV). If you want to watch a good, largely white team, tune into the Griz next Saturday.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I hope they show the game on regular ESPN. Yesterday they showed Grand Valley State beat almost all black Carson Newman, So I do not see any reason they would not show Monatana and Appalachian State!

qj

Guru
Yes, the game is on the booby, ESPN, 2 pm next Saturday. You can also watch it on the net at ESPN360.com. Should be a good game. The App. State QB led his team to victory over Michigan in MI a couple years ago. The Mountaineers and the other E. Coast teams are very, very good. William and Mary defeated Virginia and Villanova beat Temple. App. State lost to E Carolina at the beginning of the season by only 4 points, 29-34, and E. Carolina won its FBS conference USA championship over Houston. Griz at home gives them a big advantage, though. Looking forward to the game. I expect the Griz O-line to eventually wear down and crush the Mountaineers. We'll see. Go Griz!!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Right now William and Mary is leading Villanova 10-0 at the half. Both teams have at least 4 white defensive players and majority white offensive lines. Villanova has two white ball hawking safeties Dempsey and Ventrone and they also have a white wr.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Villanova came back to win the game 14-13. Still, even though Villanova is not the whitest FCS team, they look like a snowstorm compared to any team in the SEC, and most FBS teams in general. Watching the outstanding white players in these games is a pleasure. And the fact that there isn't a penalty flag every other play is also a bonus.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I'm hoping for a Villanova/ Montana Championship game, with the Griz winning.

guest301

Hall of Famer
qj said:
Yes, the game is on the booby, ESPN, 2 pm next Saturday.  You can also watch it on the net at ESPN360.com.  Should be a good game.  The App. State QB led his team to victory over Michigan in MI a couple years ago.  The Mountaineers and the other E. Coast teams are very, very good.  William and Mary defeated Virginia and Villanova beat Temple.  App. State lost to E Carolina at the beginning of the season by only 4 points, 29-34, and E. Carolina won its FBS conference USA championship over Houston.  Griz at home gives them a big advantage, though.  Looking forward to the game.  I expect the Griz O-line to eventually wear down and crush the Mountaineers.  We'll see.  Go Griz!!

Good posts qj. I hope to catch the second half of the Montana game this afternoon.

foreverfree

Mentor
Colonel_Reb said:
I'm hoping for a Villanova/ Montana Championship game, with the Griz winning. 

My sentiments are the opposite, and I'm sure my dad's are too.* We both went to grad school at 'Nova.

*Actually, I don't care if VU gets the Griz or Appy.
smiley1.gif
How white is Appy?

John

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I posted this in the Matt Szczur thread, but here's the whiteness info. I generally root for the whiter team, hence my pulling for Montana. Team "loyalties" mean next to nothing to me, as most teams don't treat my people (Whites) fairly.

App State is the least white friendly of the three
teams left, having just 7 White starters (O-line and 2 WRs) and a coal
black defense.
Villanova has a White QB, 4 O-linemen, a WR, and a DT,
DE, and both safeties, for a total of 10.
Montana starts 19 whites, including RB Chase Reynolds.

Edited by: Colonel_Reb

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
The game starts in a little. It is 18 degrees in Missoula today, this should play into the advantage of Montana who runs a traditional offense compared to App St. who runs the spread!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Chase Reynolds is having a great game in the snow and 15 degree temps, and Montana is driving towards the lead as the 4th quarter starts.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Montana goes ahead 24-17 with 1:31 to go in the game!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Agreed, Van! Should be a fun game to watch, unfortunately I'll be driving across the country Friday.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Great win by Montana! Now if only Gerhart can win the Heisman. . .
smiley16.gif

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Chase Reynolds had 23 carries for 194 yards and 2 tds!! Great game start to finish by both sides!Edited by: celticdb15

qj

Guru
Great win for the Griz, but they should've relied on the ground game more than they did. Every time they went to the passing game, it hurt them. Selle finally made a nice pass late in the 4th qtr for a score. Luckily, the black WR managed to catch the ball. Reynolds, once again, ran wild. He could've had at least 250 yds if the Griz went to the ground more. The black QB for App. State also had a really good game I must say. A very cool cucumber back there. Very good passer. Impressive. However, in the end, a certain App. State WR could not handle a pass which would've tied the game as time expired. We can all guess the color of that player's skin. The championship is next Friday. I believe the game starts at 8 p.m. EST, and I think its on ESPN2. I don't know much about Villanova, but after seeing the game today, it looks like the Griz can handle the E. Coasters. They won today without hardly any passing game. UM QB Selle played rather poorly today in my opinion, except for the clutch TD pass near the end of the game. The Griz usually put up very good rushing AND PASSING numbers, yet they still won today without the passing game today. I expect Selle to bounce back and have a good game on Friday. Prediction: Griz win! Griz win! Gooo GGGGrrrriiiiizzzzz!!!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
From what I saw of Villanova I do not think they can hang with the Grizz. If Montana is anywhere near as physical as they were last night they should win a National Championship! The cool thing about Montana is that a lot of their guys are home grown mountain boys. Guys other teams ignore and who D1 programs saycan't play at their level, are magically good enough to be the best FCS team? Montana is quickly moving up as one of my favorite teams.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Chase Reynolds and Matt Szczur on display in the championship game. Two white men who are outstanding athletes and have game-breaking ability.

Looking forward to the game.