2007 NFL Week 15

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Oh man, black starting NFL WR's should be ashamed. You know the league has godawful WR's and is lacking white talent at WR when white TE Jason Witten is #9 in the league! With two games left, I'm sure his numbers will be even better!

The funny thing is, Jason Witten could probably start at WR and put up the same or better numbers than B.O., Chad Johnson, or Randy Moss. Even funnier is that fact that there have been white TE's and WR's in the past couple years with 2 times the athleticism of Witten. Not to take anything away from what he's done this season (because he's amazing), but it's just strange to see what white players the NFL "chooses" to be able to have a career in the league (be drafted, play, start, etc).

Anyway, congrats to Witten, but a white TE going over 1,000 should happen every season. Hopefully Witten's accomplishment will pave the way for even better white TE's and WR's!

backrow

Hall of Famer
guess what, Mills and Hass are INACTIVE again...
smiley11.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley18.gif
smiley5.gif

Bart

Hall of Famer
The Vikings are now leading the Bears due to the play of T. Jackson who has fumbled the ball away once and tossed 3 INT's.

That was the worst game of football I have ever witnessed. Those are the best players they can field? The Vikings won in spite of Jackson's awful play, due to the Bears absolutely dreadful offense.

That the Bears allow Hass to linger in obscurity is appalling.

Jackson is absolutely the worst player allowed to take a snap at QB in NFL history.... And yet there he is starting his 12th game (As Jaworski told us a dozen times as if it was an excuse we were supposed to accept). Any White QB drafted after say the first 15 selections would never be given that long of a leash. Clearly the Vikings could have won that game by 30 points with a slightly below average signal caller. I'm not exaggerating when I say that you could take the second stringer on probably 30 NFL teams and insert them into the Vikings Lineup and they instantly improve.

Also, the way the announcers jumped on Orton was a joke. I didn't hear them commenting that it was only his (insert low teen number) start of his career. I personally thought that he played the clearly better game, and if you take away a handfull of drops by his afflete recievers the Bears might have pulled that one out.

Edited by: reclaimsocal

G

Here is where I believe Don is correct and the black players play harder for a black quarterback.

There are not many other ways to explain how teams win when their black quarterback plays that way. 3 interception 0 touchdown games are almost common from these guys.

Stonewall

Guru
I do not usually find myself rooting for the Washington Redskins, but I will this weekend. How nice would it be to see Todd Collins lead Washington to a win over Jackson's Vikings? I mean, a guy who hadn't started an NFL game in 10 years takes over and leads his team to 3 wins in a row and a possible playoff berth.

Regardless, it's ridiculous how much the media generates excitement over these Wild card 6th seeds. I mean, whoever does get the 2nd Wild Card in the NFC will be trounced in their first playoff game.

Here's hoping Todd Collins pulls one out over Minnesota this weekend. I'd bet on him.

James

Its ironic:

Every team with a black head coach starts a white quarterback.

Every black starting quarterback plays for a white head coach.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
"That was the worst game of football I have ever witnessed. Those are the best players they can field? The Vikings won in spite of Jackson's awful play, due to the Bears absolutely dreadful offense."

Too true. That was seriously one of the most boring and poorest-played games I've ever seen. The Bears have returned to their losing ways and the Vikings are starting a QB (Jackson) who couldnt pass the ball effetively in division III football. How could they possibly justify drafting Tavarious over all those deserving white (and black, even) college QB's?

The Vikings are not what the air-heads in the media tell you. For comparison, they would lose to GB by 40 in the playoffs and TB by about 14-20. They would lose to the Pats by 65 and wouldnt even get into the red zone.

No big deal, they'll get exposed. I predict Crapvarous Jackson will be out of football in 4 years and Lovie will be fired in 2. Edited by: Thrashen

G

We are going to build a monument to Lovie Smith in GB right next to the Dave Wanstedt one.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The AP puts its usual slant on its coverage of last night's game (which is the onlyreporting most people are going toread on it). Here's how its article begins:

"Trampled by Adrian Peterson the last time they met, Brian Urlacher and the Chicago Bears figured out how to stop Minnesota's star rookie for the better part of three quarters. At least until it really counted. Peterson's 8-yard touchdown run, his second of the night started by a shoulder-shake to fake Urlacher at the line of scrimmage, sent the Vikings past the Bears 20-13 on Monday for their fifth straight victory.

"'Couldn't finish,' said Urlacher, who kept his sparse postgame comments to grouchy sentence fragments.

In the next paragraph, Tavaris Jackson is mentioned as throwing for a "career high 249 yards," and is then quoted: "'It just shows people and shows ourself [sic] that we can win all kinds of way,' said Jackson, who completed 18 of 29 pass attempts."

From reading this, it appears that Jackson was one of the heroes, along with Peterson, and Urlacher was the goat. Wouldn't a more objective opening be: "The Vikings overcame a four-turnover performance by Tarvaris Jackson and a greatindividual performanceby Brian Urlacher to rally past the Bears 20-13."

In fact, Jackson's fumble and three interceptions are mentioned nowhere in the lengthy article, but Kyle Orton is taken to task: "Bollinger's dive forward on a draw play gave the Vikings the 2-point conversion and a 20-13 lead with 10:56 left, plenty of time for Chicago to come back. Kyle Orton, though, didn't have it in him. In his first start in two years, the Bears quarterback avoided turnovers until the very end. His long pass to the end zone just after the two-minute warning was intercepted by Darren Sharper.

"Too many of Orton's throws were way off target, though. He completed 22 of 36 passes for 184 yards."

Orton completed 22 of 36, and also was plagued by drops, yet somehow his throws weren't just off target but "way off target," while Jackson escapes any kind of mention or scrutiny for his poor game. And so it goes, repeated endlessly in authoritative sounding variations, every single day. Edited by: Don Wassall

Bart

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
The AP puts its usual slant on its coverage of last night's game (which is the onlyreporting most people are going toread on it).

Wow, nice spin job by the AP.This should be a lesson to the naive souls among us. I listened to most of the game last night from the Chicago station that carries Bears broadcasts. Urlacher had an interception, fumble recovery and a couple sacks before the third quarter. He also made several key stops. He played great and was a huge force. Jackson on the other hand was so bad it wasn't funny.

Bear Backer

Mentor
Lovie Smith is like a tired old joke that was old a few years ago, keeps getting worse everytime you hear it, but wont go away. He needs to be fired yesterday. There is absolutely no accountability on the Bears whatsoever, especially on offense. Lovie Smith needs to go and take Ron Turner with him. Our recievers are so pathetic it is hard to watch. Muhammad has devolved into a complete clown who doesn't even bother to finish his routes. Not even taking the caste into consideration, how do you keep someone like him on the field when they can't even be relied on to not give up on their assignments so that the quarterback knows where to look for his checkdowns without having to scan the field for 40 minutes. Yet this clown is our possession reciever with stone hands. As bad as our offensive line is, it is not like there is a surplus of time to make reads. Bernard Berrian and Devin Hester can't even be relied on to attempt a block, and when Berrian gets beat by a defender he does absolutely nothing to fight for the ball. He merely becomes a spectator. Yet Berrian is going to ask for top reciever money after this year? Get real Berrian, the only reason he is a number one is because the Bears suck. In fact if it wasn't for the couple of acrobatic catches Berrian has made over the last few weeks he has been well bellow par.

Then there is the matter of the Bears being ranked 29th on Defense. 29th? are you kidding me, A Bears franchise that prides itself on defense and little else, with a *cough cough* "Defensive Guru" as a head coach is allowed to fall that far in one season and the coach is not held accountable?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Bear Backer said:
Lovie Smith is like a tired old joke that was old a few years ago, keeps getting worse everytime you hear it, but wont go away. He needs to be fired yesterday.

There seems to be a pattern with black coaches wherein the team initially improves, sometimes dramatically,because the predominant demographic among the players is happy and plays hard for their newly hired "brother," followed by rapid decline. The best example is Herm Edwards. The Jets and Chiefs both unexpectedly made the playoffs but then quickly turned to crap. Marvin Lewis and Denny Green, same thing (though the Cardinals became only slightly less awful before declining when Green was there). The same thing is happening now in Chicago.

Exceptions are Romeo Crennell, where the pattern is happening in reverse, and of course St. Tony Dungy. After an initial surge, the Steelers already seem to be falling back under new head coach Mike Tomlin.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Seems like maybe Dungy is probably partially immune because almost half his team is white and Peyton Manning runs the offense anyway.Edited by: White Shogun

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Yeh, he is continuing the status quo as far as the way the Indy organization operates, and he maybe doesn't have the power to change it even if for some reason he wanted to.

G

Ray Rhodes phenomenon first in Philly then he comes to the Packers they win a few games at first then they fall apart and go 8 and 8. Come to find out he preferred to play dominos with the players, and Favre was coming up with the game plan. I can imagine Brotha Favre went to Ron Wolf and said look it ain't working out.

James

White Shogun said:
Seems like maybe Dungy is probably partially immune because almost half his team is white and Peyton Manning runs the offense anyway.

The current Indy 53 man roster is 31 blacks and 22 whites. So Dungy's team is 60% black and 40% white at the moment.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
James said:
White Shogun said:
Seems like maybe Dungy is probably partially immune because almost half his team is white and Peyton Manning runs the offense anyway.

The current Indy 53 man roster is 31 blacks and 22 whites. So Dungy's team is 60% black and 40% white at the moment.

If yourracial breakdownis accurate, that makes the Colts 58% black and 42% white, and alsomakes them the whitest team in the league and almost half white (4 more white players needed to be roughly half white, 5 more to be majority white), as White Shogun wrote. Andthe point of your post is???Edited by: Don Wassall

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
James said:
White Shogun said:

If your racial breakdown is accurate, that makes the Colts 58% black and 42% white, and also makes them the whitest team in the league and almost half white (4 more white players needed to be roughly half white, 5 more to be majority white), as White Shogun wrote. And the point of your post is???

Thanks, Don. I was going to ask him myself, but you beat me to it - isn't 40% almost half?
smiley36.gif

James

40% is 40%. 50% is 50%.

"Almost " is in the eye of the beholder. Is a person who is 40 years old "almost" 50?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
James said:
40% is 40%. 50% is 50%.

"Almost " is in the eye of the beholder. Is a person who is 40 years old "almost" 50?

Certainly feels like it!
smiley36.gif

danielrass

what's this?

Hello everyone, I'm a spammer and a loser. I'll try not to post here again, my meds ran out earlier today and I couldn't help myself.

reddot.gif
Edited by: Don Wassall

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
"what's this?

http://laporramasgrandedelmundo.com"

what the hell was the point of that link? it's just some spanish betting website. please don't ever post here again. you're a seriously huge loser.