2007 NFL Week 1

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
White Shogun said:
Don Wassall said:
The Cardinals-49ers game may be the most poorly played "professional" sporting event in U.S. history. Entirely fitting given the announcing crew of Mike Mike (and Mike).

I dunno Don, did you watch McNair and the Ravens earlier tonight?
smiley36.gif

What happened to America's Greatest Living Leader Steve McNair.
smiley36.gif
But watch how much more criticism Alex Smith and Matt Leinart are subjected to after this pathetically played game compared to the criticism McNair receives.

Bart

Hall of Famer
I read this in Yahoo's recap of the game and thought it was very funny.

Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis got himself in the mood for the matchup by hopping and waving his arms in the orange-striped end zone like a heavyweight getting ready for the opening bell.

He was the first one knocked out of the game.

On Cincinnati's first pass, Lewis lowered his shoulder and leveled Houshmandzadeh. The 32-year-old linebacker got up holding his right arm, and was in the locker room getting treated for an injured biceps when Chad Johnson pulled off a touchdown celebration meant partly for him.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Wretched, simply wretched. This game is so bad it's impossible to turn off.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Nice find, Bart.

Is it just me or do the refs seem really tentative about making calls in or around the endzone? They throw lots of flags but don't want to call a touchdown a touchdown. Afraid of replay maybe?

G

Don Wassall said:
Wretched, simply wretched. This game is so bad it's impossible to turn off.

The Cardinals 49ers game? I watched the first quarter and turned it off. These guys are paid millions to suck.

backrow

Hall of Famer
man, what a terrible week overall... white RBs had only 4 runs, Shockey, Heap, Jurevicius and many others had very disappointing numbers, many others didn't even play or register any stats. even stout linemen, such as Schobel, Kampman, Smith and others failed to get to QB...

here's to week 2, it has got to be better!

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Heap got ripped off though on that TD though. Jason Witten looks like the guy I should have drafted at TE, what a week one he had! The Matt Jones situation is pissing me off the most followed by Heath Evans. Lawrence Maroney was horrible, so you would think Evans has proved he should get the call as the next guy, but they go with this no name Sammy Morris and unfortunately he looked pretty good.
smiley11.gif
Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

backrow

Hall of Famer
well, don't expect Jason to get that many looks every game, you know that Owens will want to eat them all up.

Heap will get better as they go along, no doubt and so will Shockey. especially if Lorensen starts now that Eli is out for some time.

Heath will be the same good old reliable fullback who will only get carries once Maroney and Morris go down.

Matt Jones? i don't think there's any hope of him doing well this season.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I really think Matt Jones should go to the media about his circumstance and demand a trade. He'd be one of the first white NFL players to do so. Elway and Eli come to mind also for compromising the draft.

bigunreal

Mentor
Yes, Matt Jones ought to do that. But- there is a slight problem. EVERY part of the mainstream media would spin his clearly valid complaints negatively, so that he'd be even more despised than he is now. The only hope for Jones, or any other white player who is being so obviously discriminated against, is for more than one of the handful of respected white ex-players to speak out strongly about the subject. These handful of whites would include Terry Bradshaw, Mike Ditka, Dan Marino, Phil Simms, Howie Long and Steve Young. The guys would have to have been legitimately great NFL players (so that rules out decent to good ex-players like Bob Trumpy or Chris Collingsworth), and they would have to be able to express themselves strongly and with confidence (which leaves out someone like Joe Montana). Funny, when I was trying to think of some ex-white players who are prominent in the media, it was hard to come up with many names. I guess that's just another indication of how quickly the announcing jobs at ESPN and the other networks covering pro football are being gobbled up by totally unqualified, ebonics-speaking clowns like Michael Irvin and Keyshawn Johnson. This has to be done soon, because at the rate things are going, it won't be long before there are no ex-white players who are commentators. Edited by: bigunreal

Angelcynn

Guru
Going back to the weekends games, Zach Thomas made 13 tackles, 9 solo of which were solo and 1 sack. That was by far the highest on the Dolphins and I believe he is the only whitey on the Dolphins defense apart from Matt Roth. So glad he's on my Fantasy team!