2007 NFL Week 1

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
His pick was on a pass to Stokley, who looks good.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Brad Hoover just picked up 9 or 10 yards on a run for a first down, with a sweet little cutback.

one announcer said, "a nice,nifty move," but the other one laughed and said "he's got his two carries for the day. that's it Brad, it's over. it's over" at which point they both started laughing.
smiley7.gif

i guess a 10 yard run is embarassing somehow.
smiley5.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
Brad Hoover just picked up 9 or 10 yards on a run for a first down, with a sweet little cutback.

one announcer said, "a nice,nifty move," but the other one laughed and said "he's got his two carries for the day. that's it Brad, it's over. it's over" at which point they both started laughing.
smiley7.gif

i guess a 10 yard run is embarassing somehow.
smiley5.gif

I wonder what they think of Lendale White...

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
backrow said:
Wes Welker on the first drive: 3 for 30, TD!
smiley32.gif

Heath Evans also got a TD in that game.
smiley32.gif

Yea Evans actually scored the first attempt but the refs made an idiotic call and denied him the TD. still got it in the end though. Evans lined up as a single back on 4 or 5 occasions but on 2 or 3 of those times they passed. Morris looked good today. Not good news for Heath.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Eric Weddle is having a huge first half, though of course the announcers are downplaying it and blaming others for breakdowns. Weddle is going to be an unstoppable force in the NFL.
smiley32.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i just saw and heard the same things, Don.

my man Weddle is great! the Caste System is a great big lie.

referendum

Mentor
Announcers in Broncos Bills had good things to say about Schobel (relentless or words to that effect), and also were praising the white Bronco lineman who was trying to contain him.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I must have misheard, I just created a thread for Weddle in the Chargers forum saying the same thing, except I didn't think the announcers were downplaying his performance so much.

referendum said:
Announcers in Broncos Bills had good things to say about Schobel (relentless or words to that effect), and also were praising the white Bronco lineman who was trying to contain him.
I think you're thinking of Matt Lepsis.

In addition to that, they called Stokley the best route-runner in the NFL! They also praised Losman for his athleticism.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
White Shogun said:
I must have misheard, I just created a thread for Weddle in the Chargers forum saying the same thing, except I didn't think the announcers were downplaying his performance so much.

I don't think it's so much downplaying as also blaming someone on the offense for allowing Weddle to make a play, whereas ifhe was black they would be trying to outdo each other in praisingthe great new rookie in the leagueand ignoring any possible offensive goats.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
As I stated before the future doesn't look bright for white players. In north Jersey where I am from there are very few white running backs and defensive backs are being recruited even though they have put up stellar numbers. I have seen several Division III offers but thats it.

whiteathlete33 said:
As I stated before the future doesn't look bright for white players. In north Jersey where I am from there are very few white running backs and defensive backs are being recruited even though they have put up stellar numbers. I have seen several Division III offers but thats it.
Damn. Good luck to yourself and everyone else in New Jersey.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The one thing that I am proud of is that Wayne Chrebet is from Garfield NJ which is the town I grew up in. He was an excellent receiver and a good role model for white kids all over the United States. Luis Castillo is also from Garfield.

Kaptain

Master
Matt Jones didn't record a reception. Anybody see if he was on the field much? Who started?

backrow

Hall of Famer
Brian, Hunter, Adam and Dusty are helping Bears in stopping the unstoppable - LaDainian Tomlinson
smiley32.gif

Eric Weddle and Matt Wilhelm are playing very well for Chargers.

Hunter Hillnmeyer just got mad props ("exceptional, underrated football player") from the announcers for saving a TD by covering a wide receiver and tipping a ball in the end zone. he displayed speed, smarts and great timing, plus he's got some springs!

backrow

Hall of Famer
Kaptain Poop said:
Matt Jones didn't record a reception. Anybody see if he was on the field much? Who started?

he had a shot at a TD, but couldn't hold on. i think he should have had it, to be honest:

75557827DB030_TENNESSEE_TIT_20070909144307_gallery_600.jpg
Edited by: backrow

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't see it during the game, but from the pic, it looks like Finnegan successfully broke up the play.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I agree with Don, doesn't look like a ball he had a real shot at catching. The defender was all over him, and from the angle of the ball it looks poorly thrown anyway. No surprise there. Nice pic though.

And is he giving Jones a wedgie? Isn't that a personal foul?
smiley36.gif
Edited by: White Shogun

backrow

Hall of Famer
i don't know, i think he should have held on, although it would have been some feat.

75557827DB029_TENNESSEE_TIT_20070909144306_gallery_600.jpg

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
That's a better pic, backrow. Tough catch still but makeable.

backrow

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
That's a better pic, backrow. Tough catch still but makeable.

yup, DB reacted real well on this play, but Matt needs to get all he can out of his limited (oh-so-limited now that Gerrard runs the show...) chances. you know that unless something happens he won't get more than two, three balls thrown his way.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
How about Brian Leonard. He didn't get one carry all day and only had a couple passes thrown his way. S.Jackson had a horrible day running the ball but they never even gave Leonard one carry. Oh well.He will get to block all year and maybe for his whole career. Terrible game plan by the Rams. You have two very good running backs. Use them! Why else would you even bother picking this kid in the draft.