2007 NCAA Tournament

PitBull

Guru
I wouldn't worry too much about Duke. They'll go pretty deep next year, to
the great dismay of the Clark Kellogs of the world. Go Notre Dame!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
McRobert and Paulus played their ass off.The rest of the guys needed to step it up.Next year will be theirs!

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
tough end of the night, but we still have some good teams to root for.. Yes, Go Notre Dame tomorrow!

guest301

Hall of Famer
I hate to see Duke and Gonzaga lose on the same night. Well Go Notre Dame! I didn't know Vandy had so many white players this year..so it gives me one more team to root for...there are about 11 white friendly teams left in the tourney.

REDNOSE

Guru
I hate to say it, but there needs to be more black referees. In almost everything involved with sports, blacks get the benefit of the doubt from most referees. The black refs seem to call a much more fair game. I know there are exceptions to the rule, but they do not have to worry as much about being scrutinized for making a call on a black player. Whites on the other hand almost piss there pants and swallow the whistle when players such as Kobe get away with murder.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Miami of Ohio barely lost yesterday. Man, I was hoping they'd win. Same goes for Holy Cross. We can still pull for Butler, Michigan State,and Vanderbilt/Washington State today though.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Well, we know at least Butler will make it into the sweet 16, and with WSU and Vandy playing, we'll havea little morerepresentation in it as well. We'll see what the next 2 days bring.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
That Vandy/WSU game went into double OT and was awesome. On the other hand, the end of the VCU/Pitt regulation was pathetic. Talk about ghetto thuggery. Fields couldn't make either free throws to win, and it went to OT. At least Pitt won though.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
it is apparent EVERY time a white basketball player/team opposes a basketball player/team that the two play under different rules. it's already happened, or is happening as i type this, 4 times in this Tourney, and each time the white team (Davidson, Belmont, Penn, and Washington State) suffered massively from the lop-sided officiating.

blacks get away with traveling, carrying, pushing, grabbing, hacking, climbing over the back, hand-checking, and generally everything else. conversely, the white players are called for violations if they even remotely resemble having committed an offense.

this certainly isn't fair, but it does account for yet another obstacle that white athletes must overcome in order to be victorious on the court. (the biggest, of course, being the "fact" that they're not very talented.
smiley5.gif
)

I'd have to agree mostly with your analysis. From my viewing of the tournament so far I've seen lots of hand checks and even occasional pushing from black defenders against white players that went uncalled. Another thing I've noticed is that whites are a fair bit more likely to get called for an offensive foul. This is one of the reasons in my opinion that whites tend to be shyer driving to the basket. I would also agree with RedNose that Black officials are often "less" biased.

At least college ball is still more fun to watch than the "thug ball" NBA. You watch an NBA game and there is so much pushing and grabbing and tons of traveling. The worst thing about the NBA is how they call offensive fouls. No defender has a chance against big physical star black players who get all the calls. Most notably is Shaq who often barrels into defenders like an offensive lineman. The NBA would be wise to change the offensive fouls to the way college basketball does it. In college ball a defender has the right to his position and if the player with the ball lowers his shoulder to go through him a charge is usually called. Although I see big stars like Greg Oden and Kevin Durant get away with offensive fouls a lot more than I've seen Josh McRoberts or Hansborough get away with it the handful of times I've watched those players teams this season.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Tyler Hansbrough took the game over last night after throwing away his mask. I knew once he took it off, he'd dominate the game. He had 33 points, 9 rebounds (both team highs), a steal, a block, and an assist! An amazing game by an amazing player.

Drew Neitzel for Michigan State had 26 points, 5 assists, 2 steals, and 1 rebound.

Get it out of here!

24104f53-ba8d-40c6-b24a-488cca18af14.jpg

Yep, Hansbrough is definitely #1 on his team.

773792db-50f6-4b73-af06-05155bfa9643.jpg

Tyler over Drew Neitzel and Drew Naymick

1bae5a9a-a215-42e9-90dd-d4c217dd5913.jpg

Goran Suton trying to get past Tyler

286fb596-f971-42f9-bceb-a21d35b64e5b.jpg

UNLV's Kevin Kruger led in the win over Wisconsin with 7 assists, and was second on the team with 6 rebounds and 16 points.

59708c04-ead2-4ae1-a5b7-483ec113a2fb.jpg

Lon Kruger's only white starter is his son, Kevin.

e9eb628c-a6a2-4219-ae55-45b1b9893e14.jpg

Bryan Mullins of SIU had 11 points, 3 assists, and a rebound. Here he is on defense.

96a5b50e-388c-46db-b6c2-4785c5f2eb15.jpg

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I was hoping SIU would beat Kansas, and it almost came true. It sets up Kansas and UCLA to play on Saturday. Memphis beat Texas A&M by a point and will play Ohio State on Saturday as well.

I'm looking forward to the Butler, Vanderbilt, and North Carolina games tomorrow.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Well, Butler lost after playing a lackluster game. The Georgetown/Vanderbilt game was a good one, and my adrenaline was pumping at the end. What apathetic ending though. I sure hope Hansbrough has a monster night and NC wins. If there is one team in basketball I absolutely abhor, its Georgetown.
smiley7.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Well, Butler lost after playing a lackluster game. The Georgetown/Vanderbilt game was a good one, and my adrenaline was pumping at the end. What apathetic ending though. I sure hope Hansbrough has a monster night and NC wins. If there is one team in basketball I absolutely abhor, its Georgetown.
smiley7.gif
Ditto Reb! I have always hated Georgetown. They might as well be called African-American University with all the love, props and wide support they get in the black community. Anybody but the Hoyas.
smiley11.gif

bigunreal

Mentor
Well, there are now no teams left that any fan of white players can root for. I'm sorry, but North Carolina doesn't qualify. Yes, their star is white, but he's constantly surrounded by four blacks. Shocker that both Butler and Vanderbilt blew big leads. I didn't watch a minute of the nonsense, but I can imagine how humorous the officiating must have been, and how instrumental it was in the great combacks by Georgetown and Florida. This year's tournament mirrors last year's- all white friendly teams eliminated before the elite eight.

Bart

Hall of Famer
bigunreal said:
Shocker that both Butler and Vanderbilt blew big leads. I didn't watch a minute of the nonsense, but I can imagine how humorous the officiating must have been, and how instrumental it was in the great combacks by Georgetown and Florida.

I tuned in last night to see howTyler was doing. During the telcast they showed the end of the Vanderbilt -Georgetown game. Typical horse manure no call on the foot shuffling black player who made the winning shot. Everybody in the world said it was a joke, but Billy Packer defended the refs. I have never liked that little twerp.

The other day I heard Dan Patrick defending John Thompson's almost exclusively coal black teams. He felt that JTjust could never find any white kids who could play the hard nosed type of game Georgetown was known for.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The stinking Ho-yas won again. With Hansbrough out, so is my remaining reason to watch the Tourney. Hansbrough did have 26 points and 7 rebounds. Maybe UCLA will win it all, or if not, maybe Lee Humphrey will lead Florida the rest of the way. He scored 23 and had a steal to lead the Gators.

33495b73-c5d7-49aa-ac50-87f5b669252e.jpg

5396eefa-ae2a-4d99-8b3d-4742846bd58a.jpg

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I feel the same way.I really wanted Tyler to lead the team to a title.I wonder if he will be back or turn pro.The Ncaa Tournament has been kind or boring this year as far as I'm concerned.It's like watching the NBA from here on out.I don't like any of the teams.Oh well,we always have next year.

scheyer30

Georgetown's affletes are proud they haven't had more than 1 or 2 white players (none of any significance) in the past 25 years. If there is one team I hate more than any other it is Georgetown. First we had to suffer for years see the ugly racist face of John Thompson and his 100% black teams on TV .Now his equally ugly son is continuing the rabid anti-white Georgetown tradition. If there were ever a team that could be characterized as blatantly racist it is Georgetown.

bigunreal

Mentor
I'm glad I stopped watching this nonsense early on, after Duke and Notre Dame were quickly dispatched. From the little I've heard about the Georgetown-North Carolina game, I understand Carolina had a big lead. I'm going to take a wild guess that the Hoyas' "tough defense" led them in their comeback. You know, the kind of "defense" that is played in the 'hood all the time. Lots of physical contact. Lots of flying elbows. No fouls called. I guess that can really work for you. Too bad the white players aren't allowed to utilize it.

This is about as bad as it gets. Four teams left- and one white starter out of a total of twenty. That's just completely ridiculous, and should make us all realize just how hard a task we face in overcoming this thing. The worst part is Georgetown now being the favorite to win it all. John Thompson is one of the most despicable racists to be promoted to prominence by the corrupt clowns who run Don King's America, and now we have to deal with his equally racist son. The jock-sniifers in the media absolutely love Georgetown. No token whites to deal with. Black coach directing all black players, with rich white yuppies cheering on "their" team. The biggest joke of all is the way a highly esteemed academic institution has allowed itself to be used by the Caste whores of the NCAA. For those of you who don't know this, Georgetown has some of the most rigorous admission standards in the country. Years ago, my nephew was trying to apply for admission there. He ranked 8th in his class, with a 3.8 gpa and had decent SAT scores. He didn't even meet the minimum requirements for admission. Meanwhile, Patrick Ewing had to have a private tutor to instruct him in GENERAL math while he "attended" Georgetown. The frauds who run this university actually gave this moron a degree in "Interior Design." Somehow, I don't think that any Georgetown student, before or since, has received such a sham of a degree. The elder Thompson used to protect his players and shield them from the media. This was obviously to avoid the spectacle of illiterate "students" expressing their ignorance to the public. Digger Phelps did the same thing with his "students" that Notre Dame shamefully allowed to attend their fine institution (just listen to "analyst" Adrian Dantley talk sometime and you'll "know what I'm sayin'"). . However, that was over twenty years ago, and with the evolution of Don King's America, this is no longer necessary. Now, we can have the imbeciles pontificate all they want, fracture the language any way they please, to the utter delight of middle-aged white parents whose much more intelligent sons and daughters would never have a chance of getting into well-respected colleges like Georgetown or Notre Dame. If Geogetown wins this Black Madness fiasco, it would be fitting, but just another indication to white fans that they should stop supporting these sports. Edited by: bigunreal

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I wonder if Vanderbilt would have beaten North Carolina. If the refs actually blew the whistle on Jeff Greene's traveling at the end of that game then it would have been Vanderbilt vs. NC.

Let's face it though NC choked at the end. Hansborough missed his last couple shots and didn't seem to have the clutch killer instinct. Instead of sticking with Hansborough the NC guards started to chuck up clanker threes. NC doesn't deserve to be a champion team choking like that. I wouldn't blame the refs in this one. Hansborough had about 16 foul shots. The refs did miss one foul call at the end of the game on what should have been a three point play which may have given NC a one point victory in regulation, but still NC lost because they choked.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I didn't see much of the second half of the NC game, only overtime. I wondered what happened to them. I'm sure if they did choke it will be all over the radio today. Somehow though, since the Ho-yas are the media darlings now, will they really say much about a bad NC performance. I'll find out soon enough I guess.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Listening to a national radio show the other day, I think Sporting News Radio, I heard them discussing Florida and specifically Lee Humphrey. They said he's the guy who has won the last 2 games for them and will be the key to them beating Ohio State. Then they said, he's not the guy who'll be going to the NBA like the rest of his teammates, but he's the guy who can win it for them. They talked about how dangerous he is from behind the 3 point line. They always have to slam the white players for something. The way they said it made absolutely no sense.
smiley7.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Lee Humphrey led Florida inscoring through the Tournament and had 14 tonight, going 4 for 7 from 3 point land. He had a rebound and an assist as well. Lee would have gotten several more points tonight if not for his ball hogging (at times) black teammates.

Matt Terwilliger had 5 minutes of playing time for Ohio State and had a really nice two handed dunk to his credit.

fullj.getty-73690615mh057_ncaa_men_s_ba_11_09_31_pm.jpg

fullj.getty-73690615tl023_ncaa_men_s_ba_10_40_23_pm.jpg

sunshine

Mentor
Everything you need to know about modern media make me puke stuff. billy packer, a real horror show on Humphrey's breakaway layup. He said that the ohio state defender-- trailing about a mile away --should have tried to swoop in like the almighty black that he is and block the shot--since it was humphrey--ie:read white stiff. Then to add to the misery packer also said humphrey should have passed the ball because he is not known for taking it to the rim and finishing--in otherwords packer is saying even if a white guy has a wide open layup he should get rid the of the grenade as quick as possible.
I guess the lesson taught by Packer is that whites better know their place to the back of the bus and just behind the three point arc and don't move or run.
The media has pardon my language cut the balls off of white athletes and turned them into subhuman crumbs. The media during the NCAA tournaments for women and men has been the biggest disgrace I have witnessed in the way whites were routinely dismissed as athletic stiffs.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Billy Packer also said that Humphrey was afraid to advance the ball of the dribble against Mike Conley. It was disgusting how many times snide comments were made against Humphrey the whole tournament. He was arguably their second best and most consistent player in the tournament. Noah looks like a Anderson Vareojo type to me...a energy guy 7th man coming of the bench. Can he hit a jump shot. He better land somewhere with a full court offense like the Suns. He gets most of his points off the fast break and offensive rebounds. Nothing wrong writh that, I just don't think he will be a star at the next level.