2006 Boise State Broncos

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Ian Johnson looks to be out this week and maybe longer so horror of horrors a WhItE guy may have to run the ball now
smiley3.gif
. fortunately this is Boise State and they will not pull out some 5th string red shirt black freshman to save the day. Paretta's the guy now right?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Perretta is still listed behind Johnson on the depth chart for Saturday, but I guess if Johnson doesn't play, he'll get the start.

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
Yeah Johnson is still questionable, so he may still start.. either way Perretta should see more carries.

Freedom

Mentor
Well, Denton got the start. He played very well and so did Perretta. Great! Perretta could of used more carries, but I feel great for the senior who showed he really is good, like Ian Johnson. Edited by: Freedom

backrow

Hall of Famer
first time i actually see Boise on TV and they look very white, especially on defense. even some black guys look pretty pale
smiley2.gif

Freedom

Mentor
Yeah, Ian Johnson is probably half black or a quarter black maybe. His arms look lighter than Perretta's.
smiley36.gif

Still, Denton is clearly just as good as Johnson.

The thing is, the country can't wait to Caste this school. Boise has already signed a top black recruit at WR.

Edited by: Freedom

Freedom

Mentor
Well, I might owe Ian Johnson an apology because he seems like a pretty good guy. Can you say Castebreaker!

Zabransky is looking like an incredible athlete. The O-line is excellent against this Oklahoma defense.Edited by: Freedom

Triad

Mentor
Boise State is trying its best to be a Caste breaker.

On a 4th and 18 play with less than 30 seconds left in the game they do their version of the hook and lateral and score to send the game to overtime against mighty Oklahoma.

This came seconds after Oklahoma scored two TD's in a matter of seconds to take their first lead of the game with just over one minute to play.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
How bout Marty Tadman...this should prove to everyone that 4.3 speed means nothing.

Triad

Mentor
Instant Classic!!! Boise State in OT. 43-42.

One of the best college football games ever for those of you that stayed up to watch it. Perretta had a TD toss, Boise State pulled out all the trick plays at the end to thoroughly outplayed and outcoached OU.
A great Caste game, the predominantly white, no star prospects take out the tradition rich Sooner team loaded with 4 and 5 star prospects.
smiley32.gif
Edited by: Triad

Triad

Mentor
To ruin a good night, Ian Johnson proposes to his cheerleader girlfriend (white, captain of the squad) on national TV and she tearfully accepts.
smiley5.gif
FOX announcer, "It doesn't get any better than this."

A great game regardless.Edited by: Triad

Triad said:
To ruin a good night, Ian Johnson proposes to his white cheerleader girlfriend on national TV and she tearfully accepts.
smiley5.gif
FOX announcer, "It doesn't get any better than this."

Oh cmon...

Ian Johnson is practically white. His speech and appearance are nothing like that of a 'thug'.

SteveB

Mentor
What a game!!! Zabransky is a freakin' stud. He can run and pass as good as anyone. Peretta, Tadman, Hall were awesome. Great game!!!

Freedom

Mentor
From a Caste Football perspective, Perretta will be one of the best parts. I think he proved himself to be a good successor to Ian Johnson tonight.

The tight end is very good also.

Notice how the Boise State coach utilized his athletes properly. Look at how Perretta came in under center and the speedy Zabransky went into the slot. That is intelligent and innovative. Maybe it is wicked old school(pre-two platoon), like the statue of liberty stunt at the end, but it is smart.

Triad

Mentor
The "practically white" debate has been going on ad nauseum on several other threads. I thought it was odd to have a cheerleader on his arm during the post game interview until the announcer set up the proposal. A nice caste touch to have a staged interracial marriage proposal on national TV at the end of a great game.

yahhhh... but nonetheless this was a big hit on the caste system. An almost completely black oklahoma team is defeated by a mostly white Boise team on national telivision in a bowl game. Everyone saw that, no one can deny it.

Triad

Mentor
Freedom said:
From a Caste Football perspective, Perretta will be one of the best parts. I think he proved himself to be a good successor to Ian Johnson tonight.

The tight end is very good also.

Notice how the Boise State coach utilized his athletes properly. Look at how Perretta came in under center and the speedy Zabransky went into the slot. That is intelligent and innovative. Maybe it is wicked old school(pre-two platoon), like the statue of liberty stunt at the end, but it is smart.

The play calling was very similar to Urban Meyer when he was at Utah or your local flag football game. That style is really fun to watch when the players execute it. Boise didn't run the gimmicks until they needed them but they all worked. I agree a great coaching job. Shakes up the caste and the BCS systems at the same time.

Freedom

Mentor
That is a black mark on the game just because it will forever be attached to the win. Ian Johnson is black and I believe the girl was white. Still, we just have to swallow it because the guy is portrayed, and maybe he is, like Tom Brady or something. Can you really blame Johnson?
I hope that the ominous remark by the broadcaster doesn't lead to information suggesting that the game was fixed. How did the broadcaster know about the proposal before they won? Surely, no one would pull a stunt like that on a loss.

Well im sure that someone tiped the reporter off that Johnson was planning on possible doing that.

GWTJ

Mentor
I loved the outcome as well but the constant comments about how big the upset was and how much heart BSU had was very annoying. I felt BSU could have put Oklahoma away in the 4th quarter if not for their few blacks dropping passes and Ian Johnson fumbling. The game I watched had BSU beating OU at the scrimmage line on both sides of the ball.

cutty

Guru
Great game. Pride in our people and admirationfor Boise St was beaming, until Ian...Johnson...ruined...it.

Ikinda feel like I didthe first time I heard Jason Williams speak, but a little worse.