2005 NBA Playoffs

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Charles Barkley, beloved by the white corporate media as some kind of wise man when it comes to race relations, just called Steve Nash "boy" three times in five seconds as highlights of the Mavs-Suns game was shown. He finished hisracist rantwith a denigrating remark about Steve's defense. 48 points just wasn't enough for "Sir Charles" (and his white wife.) Barkley has had numerousencounters in arenas and nightclubs, including alleged to having thrown a man through a plate glass window at a bar. Was that man white? What do you think? What a hypocritical racist he has always been and remains.

I recall that over a decade ago, Barkley was saying that he wanted to run for Governor of Alabama. Some "conservative" talk radio types thought this was a good idea. Rush Limbaugh was one of them.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Limbaugh has interviewed Barkley several times. Hevery rarelyinterviews anyone on his show, which has 20 million listeners -- which makes him the most influential man in America in important ways -- but Chuckles Barkley the semi-anti-white "Republican" is a VIP with Rush.

Barkley was interviewed on the most recent episode of Bill Maher's pro-Semitic "Real Time" on HBO and Maher and Barkley hit it off famously. Limbaugh is a rabid pro-Zionist as well. But he did make his unforgettable slip about McNabb.

Kaptain

Master
When the Spurs were up 2-0 all the talk was about how Ridnour couldn't guard Tony Parker (the media's darling). I wonder if the talk is reversed now that Ridnour has put together good games. I can't root for the Spurs until they start Ginobli - it is ridiculous.

Somehow when a team loses they always find the white scapegoat to blame it on. Since the resounding complaints about Nash's defense and the MVP voting, I have watched his defense closely. No he doesn't get a ton of steals, blocked shots, or rebounds but the guy is never out of position and there is no one he can't guard on the perimeter. It's all an invented arguement. If there was ever any evidence that his supporting cast is not that great it was last night. Nash is the MVP.Edited by: Kaptain Poop

Barkley is largely a joke. He did say on Bob Costas' HBO show,
however, that those saying Nash won the MVP because he is
white are ludicrous.Edited by: GreatLakeState

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I'm so glad Steve Nash won the MVP. It's about time some white guy won it, and Steve was clearly the best player out there this year. Don't call it a comeback!

Bart

Hall of Famer
Nash has always been steady in the clutch, isequipped witha motor that never quits andfires on all cylinders. Is always ready to rumble andkicks into overdrivedemonstrating remarkable passing abilityon the road. Is not too big or flashy but is very dependable with just the right amount of flair. Gets you where you want to go in a hurry.

<TABLE cols=2 width="90%">
<T>
<TR>
<TD>
<CENTER>
1937NashLaFayetteRHDConvertibleWithRumbleseat-c.jpg
</CENTER></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>
<CENTER>1937 Nash Convertible
With Rumble seat</CENTER></TD>
<TD>
<CENTER>
</CENTER></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

JD074

Master
I've never, ever seen a player more critiqued after scoring 48
points than Steve Nash. Unbelievable. If he were black all the
blame would've been laid squarely on "his supporting cast."

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Manu was spectacular tonight. How many better all-around players are there in the NBA, yet this special talent isn't even a starter on his own team in a lot of games. The Caste System at its finest
smiley6.gif

I hope San Antonio closes out theSonics in Game 6. Manu and Steve Nash going head to head would be nice to see, but I won't feel too bad if Dirk's team gets there instead.

okra63

Guru
Dallas and Phoneix needed to be the conference final series. The matchup would have been even more spectacular.

Phoneix and San Antonio in the Western Conference Finals.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I agree with your pic okra63.Wade is just too good.Manu
Ginobli was amazing tonight.I just got done watching the
game and all I can say is WOW!!I'm glad they finally
realized that he needs to be in the starting lineup
every night!He is just too talented.The energy and pure
athleticism he brought tonight was amazing.Props to the
Spurs for finally waking up!Manu is the main man!
smiley2.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Manu was unreal last night. He was heating up for sure. In fact, he was on fire! It was great to see him do what he did.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Let's give Steve Nash(Mr. MVP)some props with his
amazing 34 points,12 rebounds and 13 assists tonight.
A triple double for the main man on the Suns.Dirk
had a great game for the Mavs with 34 points and 10
rebounds but the Suns held on.The series goes back to
Dallas on Friday.This is one fun series to watch.I hope
it goes 7 games but something tells me that Nash & the
Suns will wrap it up in six.

Bart

Hall of Famer
white lightning said:
Let's give Steve Nash(Mr. MVP)some props with his
amazing 34 points,12 rebounds and 13 assists tonight.

PHOENIX (AP) ``Nash played like an MVP tonight. We had no answers for him,'' Dallas coach Avery Johnson said. ``We tried everything humanly possible.''

``Obviously, Nash still hurt us in the first half, but he was a monster in the second half,'' Johnson said. ``We came into tonight's game trying to cut off some of his passing angles. We did not follow the game plan, and they just shredded us, shredded us to pieces. I am so disappointed right now.''

Nash had 22 points in the second half, many over and around towering would-be defenders inside the lane, and reached a triple-double with 6 1/2 minutes left in the third quarter.

``We can accept Amare getting points in the paint,'' Stackhouse said. ``But Nash getting points in the paint is unacceptable.''

speedster

Mentor
I'll take it that that quote made by Jerry Stackhouse was in reference to Steve Nash being a PG and not to the colour of his skin.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Speedster, the Stackhouse quote is interesting, isn't it? It really doesn't matter what his intent was, the press gave him a pass anyway. Racial angles are ignored when made by blacks. Either way it was a dig at Nash.

surfsider

Guru
Exactly right Bart. If Iverson gets a bunch of points in the paint that is expected because he is soooo athletic. It's another thing entirely when a stiff-hipped type does it.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Steve Nash is dominating the playoffs.The only one close
to playing at his level right now is Wade from Miami.
Nash is the mvp for a good reason,he can play with
anyone.Tonights game was fun to watch.I'm glad the Spurs
held on to win.Danny Fortson of the Sonics is a total
thug and commits flagrant fouls half the game.He should
be kicked out the nba.The Sonics will be back with
Collision and Ridnour leading the way.Get ready Phoenix,
or Dallas,here comes Ginobli!

Kaptain

Master
Nash is dominating the playoffs, but I would say that the only one close to playing at his level is Manu Ginobili. Hey, JD are still sure that there are no white players that can match Kobe's athleticism and take him one on one?

David Stern can't allow this white domination to happen. Maybe he will send another memo to NBA officials.

okra63

Guru
Nash is definitely dominating. Thugs have ruled before Nash.

Wade of Miami is doing great as well. He seems like a decent fellow.

I believe Wade could take Kobe.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Bill Walton just spewed forth this classic racist comment: "Steve Nash does not have an advantage in athletic ability against anyone he ever plays against."

psychosid

i hear ya....this self hating piece of white trash also said that steve nash is the most unatletic player in the nba.....what a f**king idiot!

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
psychosid said:
i hear ya....this self hating piece of white trash
also said that steve nash is the most unatletic player in the
nba.....what a f**king idiot!

Well, if Nash isn't athletic I don't want to be either!! We
should stop having these nonsensical discussions about sprinting and
hip flexibility.
smiley17.gif
Why
all the hype about being athletic and who is the most athletic player