Your favorite BLACK football players

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Is there a difference between what Manning did and what Owen's is doing
to the Eagles right now? Other than the fact that Owen's already agreed
to contract terms, isn't he still trying to get the best possible deal
for himself, based on his perception of his contribution to the team?

I don't like what Terrell Owens is doing with his attempt to reneogiate a brand new, $49 million dollar contract.

I don't like what Eli did to the Chargers, although by doing so he inadvertently gave Drew Brees an opportunity.

I don't like Favre giving away the sack, not to beat a dead horse again
but it was at the expense of his linemen, his teammates.

I don't like what Ricky Williams did to the Dolphins, either, and its
ludicrous that they even considered the possibility of accepting him
back on the team!

We could go on and on, there is no end to these type of situations in
the NFL or pro-sports in general. I don't want to excuse white
players for behavior that we find unacceptable in black players, the
same way I do not accept the myriad excuses proffered on the behalf of
black players for miscreant behavior, either.

If you call it straight every time, black brown red or white, you can't go wrong.

EDITED TO ADD: And I don't want to see anybody's career ended deliberately, either. Eli's or anyone elses.

Edited by: White Shogun

Highwayman

Bart said:
Highwayman, you must be joking with us. Are you trying to tell us the Manning's are attempting to pervert and destroy the integrity of the game? You are the one who would like to see justice, even if no one else does? I suggest you go back and re-read your posts attempting to white wash the Strahan incident, talk about double standards! The next time you watch Manning going down from the hit, look to see if he is in a fetal poistion.

One is a meaningless record that no one really knows who deserves, the other is the basis of the NFL today. The theory is we give the best picks to the worst teams to restore competitiveness. The silliness you're talking about doesn't approach that by a mile in my opinion....

Highwayman

bigunreal said:
You sound just like 90% of the white fans out there who absolutely HATE all white players. Eli Manning was not the first athlete to place his own interests first.

No, the first one in my lifetime was Tony Dorsett, and I hated him too and though at that time I was a stupid little kid who rooted for the Cowboys, I've hated them since that moment for the same reasons I've always despised John Elway and Eli Manning today.

(Roger Staubach was exempt though--that guy was really an American hero and a fine role model for children in my view)

Highwayman

White Shogun said:
EDITED TO ADD: And I don't want to see anybody's career ended deliberately, either. Eli's or anyone elses.

I think if anyone deserves it, it's Eli Manning. Though truthfully I don't wish harm upon anyone--whatever I might have said earlier. I just would rather it Eli than a guy who didn't try to pervert the game like he did. Chargers get to play the jints next year, let us hope that's a really bad day for Elisha....

smiley36.gif

Highwayman

Oh, lemme stop being a milquetoast and tell you what you what I really wanna see: Eli brualized to the point of despair by the Chargers. If he goes out for the season, I will cry no tears, but I realize I probably shouldn't wish that on another human being--it reflects more on me than it does him.

But I do hope the Chargers crush him, and guys like Donnie Edwards get their hands on him three or four times. Three or four interceptions and like six or seven sacks is what I'm hoping for in that game.

Highwayman

Bart, you do realize that putting the likes of Eli Manning above Brett Favre put you indelibly in the 'absolutely hopeless' catagory?

I've heard better arguments from Bear's fans. 'Nuff said.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Highwayman said:
Oh, lemme stop being a milquetoast and tell you what you what I really
wanna see: Eli brualized to the point of despair by the Chargers. If he
goes out for the season, I will cry no tears, but I realize I probably
shouldn't wish that on another human being--it reflects more on me than
it does him.

But I do hope the Chargers crush him, and guys like Donnie
Edwards get their hands on him three or four times. Three or four
interceptions and like six or seven sacks is what I'm hoping for in
that game.

I think it was sweet revenge and quite the irony play that the Chargers
made the playoffs and the "jints'", as you call them, did not. It
was a pure in "your face moment" , middle-finger-raised-in-triumph if
there ever was one.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Highwayman said:
Bart, you do realize that putting the likes of Eli Manning above Brett Favre put you indelibly in the 'absolutely hopeless' catagory? .

No, I merely put things in perspective. Your quote does reveal the reason for your attacks on Eli, Peyton and even Archie.I'm about to level a criticism,NOTtowards BRETT but his rabid fans.Even in my family it is is looked upon asa Cardinal sin tosuggest that Brady, Manning, Warner, Gannon or anyone was deserveing an MVP over Favre. The usurpers contending to the thronehave become ENEMIES to the Green and Gold temple priests.

As for Peyton, he is a fabulous QB. Who else in the league scans the opposing teams formation, then calls a play? QB's may audible from time to time but this guy is amazing. His greatest fault is not getting to the Super Bowl, fair enough. But more often than not an offensive juggernaut will be defeated by a team with a very good defense.A finely tuned machine like the Colts who are based on precision cannot and never will produce much in cold, sloppy, inclement weather. If the Colts have to travel to New England again the results will probably be the same. The Packers play well in the cold, mud, snow and rain. They have a pathetic record in domes and on artifical turf, especially during play-offs. They are not the most versatile team either.

Highwayman, don't take this personally but I think you takeWAY too much delight in seeing a whiteplayer brutalized by blacks.Instead of replaying hits on Manning and fantasizing about other black guys doing the same, maybe you should just get a girlfriend.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Good one there at the end Bart!