Woman eats friend?

white is right

Hall of Famer
I guess this woman was big fan of Silence of the Lambs. Here is the wire story...Russian woman held for eating friend: report

Mon Mar 16, 11:10 AM

MOSCOW (AFP) - A woman from Russia's Siberian region of Irkutsk has been arrested for killing a friend and then eating part of the corpse, Interfax news agency reported, quoting local investigators.

The incident occurred on March 5 when the two women were drinking together at the suspect's home and an argument broke out between them.

"Investigators have information to suggest the woman cooked pieces of her murdered friend and ate them," said an official with the Russian prosecutor's investigative committee, Vladimir Salovarov.

He added that the perpetrator killed her friend with an axe and that uneaten parts of the victim's body had been found in a nearby waste bin.

The detained woman had confessed her guilt, Salovarov said.

In a separate case, prosecutors in Russia's Udmurtiya region said last week they were searching for a man suspected of cannibalism after the mutilated body of a woman was found in the town of Izhevsk, according to the prosecutor's website.

The Hock

Master
Siberia had an artificial economy and inflated population that was subsidized by the planned economy under the soviet system. Now all those people are stranded there with all the usual problem of such places, AIDS, alchohol, crime, and not much to do.

If you know the history of Russia, it's just business as usual for those poor bastards. It's a grim country.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I know in the past isolated Eskimo villages have cannibalized people that have died in bad winter periods where families were cut off from the outside world. I suspect this isn't the case here.Edited by: white is right

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
This is a dumb ass story. In a world of 3 billion people there are always going to be some a-holes that do stupid stuff. So what if some nut-job in Siberia does something crazy, it says nothing about the larger world. I bet this kind of stuff happens in Africa all of the time, why go to white Siberia to dredge this up?

The Hock

Master
Yeah, in Africa a story like this would be no big deal. What with them being friends and all, it would probably be covered in the social section of the local newspaper. Edited by: The Hock

Tom Iron

Mentor
Good morning Gentlemen,

Off subject. Someday, I hope to take the Trans-Siberian RR from the Baltic to the Pacific in the winter. Always wanted to do that.

Tom Iron...

Even more off topic, Transiberian is an excellent movie.
smiley20.gif

transsiberian.jpg