Woman drops a dime on herself!

white is right

Hall of Famer
I actually thought this was too funny to pass up. Here is the AP story....
smiley2.gif
Woman calls 911 to report herself as drunk driver

(AP) â€" 2 days ago

NEILSVILLE, Wis. â€" The call came into the 911 dispatcher: "I don't want to hurt anybody. I'm drunk." And with that, Mary Strey, 49, of Granton, reported herself as a drunken driver about three miles northeast of Neilsville in central Wisconsin.

Clark County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Jim Backus said Monday that Strey's call on Oct. 24 led deputies to cite her for misdemeanor drunken driving with a blood-alcohol level double the legal limit to drive. She makes her first court appearance Dec. 10.

Backus said drunken drivers reporting themselves is rare.

In the 911 call, Strey said she wanted to report a drunken driver and the dispatcher asked if she was behind the suspect vehicle. "I am them," Strey said. She then followed the dispatcher's advice to pull over and turn on her flashers, telling him she had been "drinking all night long."

It was unclear if Strey has hired an attorney yet.

Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Wow what an idiot! If you're that concerned just pull over and call a friend or taxi and pick the car up the next day? She just threw $4,000 plus down the toilet, potentially having to drive with "party plates," possible suspended license, higher insurance premiums, and a conviction on the record! Talk about a bad hangover the next day!