Wladimir vs. Rahman Dec 13

Bart

Hall of Famer
Short clip of Lennox Lewis getting KO'd by Rahman.To deride Klitschko as Mrs. Barry and Lewis have done, for notdispatching Rahman within 4 rounds is absurd, misleading, and quite dishonest.This is what happened to Lewis in his first match with Rahman.They conveniently forgot to remind us of that fight. By the way, WK was NEVER in any trouble whatsoever againstRahman. He toyed with him and beat him easily.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABZu5v2JPuE

white is right

Hall of Famer
Lewis always had a dismissive air about the Klitschkos and verbally attacked Merchant in the post fight interview of his fight with Vitali. The "pro" Klitschko stance he has is only on the air and in private I have feeling he thinks they suck or at best are the best of bad lot. He has always been arrogant and dismissive about all other heavyweights.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
If Lewis thinks the Klitschkos are so aweful, then he should have no problem beating them. Oh wait, that would require shutting your mouth and actually having to back up your words.

Westside

Hall of Famer
What Lennox is doing, if he is dismissive is natural. He ruled the Heavyweight division for 2 or 3 years beating all comers and leaving while still the champ. In his mind he still thinks he would beat both of them. What one thinks and what is reality are two differnt things. If I was an ex heavyweight champ, I would probably act the same, but know my time has passed. Only a fool would get into the ring with the Vitali or Wlad after being out of the ring since 2004 and being older. Look what happeaned to DLH. But there are exceptions like Vitali's destruction of Black hope Sam Peter. The media will keep hoping that a black will defeat one of them, and Vitali and Wlad will keep smacking them down!
smiley36.gif

Amren.com said:
Considering Lewis "beat" Viali, I'm surprised he doesn't say Vitali is great. It makes his "victory" over him all the more impressive.

Lewis can say all the Negative stuff he wants about either Vitali or Wladimir, the bottom line is, they are great champions, the best of their generation, and among the best heavy weight champions of all time. Period.

They are future Hall of Famers.
smiley32.gif

Edited by: indianwhite

Bart

Hall of Famer
GiovaniMarcon said:
What is it with people and their refusal to give credit to white fighters?

It is everywhere. I read an article quoting a former boxer turned commentator named Scott LeDoux, who also criticised the Klitschkos in the recent past.Note his reasoning as to why the Klitschkos are not standouts and great fighters.

EL: Since the retirement of Lennox Lewis how do you see the Heavyweight division as a whole and do the Klitschko brothers have what it takes to shake things up?

SL: The Klitschkos are not standouts because they both have been on the deck and lost and great fighters don't lose. That's what I say.

Wow!By that standard mostall-time greatsare out of compliance. But then, he does a 180 and says this about Lennox Lewis in the same paragraph.

SL: Lennox Lewis to me was a tremendous fighter and what impressed me the most was he got beat and came back to knockout the guys who beat him and you have to give him his due.
smiley5.gif

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Bart said:
GiovaniMarcon said:
What is it with people and their refusal to give credit to white fighters?

It is everywhere.   I read an article quoting a former boxer turned commentator named Scott LeDoux, who also criticised the Klitschkos in the recent past.  Note his reasoning as to why the Klitschkos are not standouts and great fighters.

EL: Since the retirement of Lennox Lewis how do you see the Heavyweight division as a whole and do the Klitschko brothers have what it takes to shake things up?</font>SL: The Klitschkos are not standouts because they both have been on the deck and lost and great fighters don't lose.</font> </font>That's what I say.

Wow!  By that standard most all-time greats are out of compliance.  But then, he does a 180 and says this about Lennox Lewis in the same paragraph.

SL:  Lennox Lewis to me was a tremendous fighter and what impressed me the most was he got beat and came back to knockout the guys who beat him and you have to give him his due. 
smiley5.gif

Bart, Scott LeDoux and ex-failures like him are jealous of the Klitschkos and their achievements. The Klitschkos have achieved what they had always coveted. They are also dumbfounded by the white takeover of boxing. They cannot believe that either. They come from an era when white boxers were underachievers and suffered a physchological disadvantage. Now they are too old to compete and they are bitter so they say anything to discredit the new breed of warriors.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Parents should be teaching there children to be like the Klitschkos. Two Phds and world champions at boxing. They can speak several languages. Instead Rasheed is in today.