Willie Rose

JReb1

Mentor
White Power said:
This Running back absolutely tore it up on his pro day and has clearly seperated himself from the so called affletes that were unvited to the combine. I hope the dolphins draft him to help the oft injure Ronnie brown run the football. http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/college/fau/blog/2010/03/stats_show_rose_star_of_fau_pr.html

Looking at those pictures you know even though the White guy was timed faster than the blacks, EVERY DWF and "expert" will still think the affletes "look" faster for some reason, maybe the White-boy is "deceptively" quick and there's more to football than "track speed" but only when the White athletes are faster...
smiley6.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
I don't really know much about this prospect. Beyond the fact that his time should get him an invite to some teams camp. With the name Willie you would think that some team might assume he was Black, that could raise his draft stock..
smiley2.gif
Edited by: white is right

dwid

Hall of Famer
[Tube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrpByY1qHG4[/Tube]

I had this done a while back, I wanted to add more of him blocking but I dont have time to get around to that. I would love to see him as a halfback in the NFL, but he states he loves blocking just as much as running with the ball, so I guess he is destined to be a versatile h-back because no team is going to let him play halfback if hes willing to be a lead blocker. Its a shame because I think he would make a better halfback. Hopefully he is at least used like Leonard Weaver, you know the role they say they are going to give to athletic White fullbacks that should really be halfbacks, but never do, Jacob Hester comes to mind.Edited by: dwid

JReb1

Mentor
Nice dwid. Hopefully Rose can find a team (Bucs maybe) to at least use him the way Alstott was used. Willie has good size, speed, power and great hands, it would be a shame if he isn't given a chance to run or catch the ball in the NFL.

"Rose had a 4.53 40, one of the best on the day, was third in
vertical jump at 34 inches, just a half inch behind Chris Bonner and
Jason Harmon (the most startling of all the results to me).

There was a stiff tailwind for one of the 40s, which could diminish
the result, but Rose showed off in the windless confines of the Oxley
Center, where he was third in broad jump, 9-10 1/2 behind Bonner and
Harmon at 10 feet.

He was fourth in bench press behind three offensive linemen, lifting
225 pounds 21 times"
Edited by: JReb1

skiboy61

Rose looks great in the youtube vids. He should be compared to Jerome Bettis or perhaps more of a Brandon Jacobs style of runner but alot faster with great cutting ability. He should have the opportunity to compete for at least half of the carrries kwith an NFL team as a running back and not a fullback.

white is right

Hall of Famer
From the looks of the video he looks like a fine all-around back that could play either fullback or tailback. In the early 80's the NFL used to have quite a few hybrid backs like this.

JReb1

Mentor
For all of Rose's speed and talent, he never even got a chance to be the featured back in a small college program so him getting a real chance in the NFL is unlikely.