Why did White boxers lack size decades ago?

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I'm not talking about Whites needing to be "PED big." I'm by no means an "expert" in boxing history, but I don't really notice a thick back and pronounced traps when I see old footage of boxers. I've read a lot of posts in this section, and I think it's entirely possible that White alpha males were "kept out" of boxing. I'm looking for the definitive answer of what transpired.

Seriously, it's not hard to build up the traps, and, farm labor + PLENTY of food should do the trick. There's no reason why the "community" could not have provided their alpha male with plenty of calories.

Look how big Louis Cyr was, and he lived from 1863 to 1912. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Cyr

A boxer doesn't need to be that big, but I'm making the point that getting big/thicker could not have been a secret for White men in the 1920s, 30s, 40s and 50s. When I see a White man, today, that's 6-foot-6 and 270 pounds (and fit), I naturally figure that some of his ancestors had to have had excellent genetics.

I just think, "What could have been?".. Whites COULD have totally dominated. Even though many of the negroes (of the past) weren't huge by any means, I think old footage makes Whites look physically subpar. I think "somebody" (Juden?) wanted it to look that way.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Deadlift I think it has to do with the fact that not many American whites trained for boxing in the past. They didn't look at boxing as a career like blacks do.

white is right

Hall of Famer
If your talking heavyweights then it was the lack of prospects. Boxing started dieing post WWII for White fighters and all but died about 65' for White fighters. Also there were White freaks who boxed look at Carnera, Jefferies, Lou Nova and Max Baer.