Why Are Whites Now Asserting Themselves

G

Has anybody pointed out that Klitschkov, or whatever his name is, didn't really fulfill his potential until he started getting trained by a black man, the legendary Emanuel Steward. Have you thought that maybe there are inadequate training methods in Eastern Europe that has held back many white boxers in the past?

I recognize that Eastern Europeans are dominating the heavyweight ranks and that's fine. However, is it possible that many of the talented black prospects are moving on to football and basketball? Let's do an analysis of inner-city boxing clubs and see if they're prospering like they used to in the 70's, 80's and 90's. Can't speak for all areas, but I know St. Louis has seen a significant decline in support for local boxing clubs.

Just something to think about.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Goodbye. Go back to whatever ESPN board you crawled out from under.

white is right

Hall of Famer
The sport was never truly international until recently. Really it was American sport (in the heavier divisions), with the occasional foreigner. I will say this though the Eastern Euro heavies have gotten better because now they are being trained to fight a pro style versus their old amateur style. Maybe that's why Maskaev has gotten a second wind........Edited by: white is right

Alpha Male

Mentor
Did you ever think that white athletes were allowed to play in the NFL in the 60's, 70's, and 80's and that why there werent as many white heavyweights?

jcolec02

Mentor
you heard Max Kellerman's bitch ass say that "there are alot of american heavyweight champions right now...such as Ray Lewis and Simeon Rice"(gag!) but I guaruntee you that if anyone said that Dick Butkus would have been Heavyweight champion and would have beaten Ali in the 60's or 70's that they would be labeled racist and dumb!!!!
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif

Bunnyman

Guru
1. Wladimir Klitschko started training under Emanuel Steward in 2003. Steward is a great trainer, but Wlad had already won a gold medal in the 1996 Olympics and defeated Chris Byrd for the WBO championship in 2000. He did all this under European trainers.

2. The other champs -- Nicolay Valuev and Oleg Maskaev - train under European trainers as did former WBO champ Sergei Lyakhovich.

3. Eastern Europeans always held their own in amateur boxing competitions against the U.S. Now they dominate the U.S. in boxing. The 2004 Olympic gold medalist was Alexander Povetkin of Russia. It has been a long time since the U.S. even medaled at heavyweight.

4. It has always been the case that the best U.S. athletes have chosen football over boxing. But that happens to both blacks and whites. Brian Urlacher would be a beast at heavyweight. In addition, the best European athletes often choose hockey, soccer, wrestling and basketball over boxing.

5. You mention the state of "inner-city" boxing clubs. No doubt they are in decline. But at least the inner- city has boxing gyms. Why are there NO boxing gyms in Appalachia or the Ozarks? Perhaps there we would find American fighters who could hang with the Europeans.

Bart

Hall of Famer
jcolec02 said:
you heard Max Kellerman's bitch ass say that "there are alot of american heavyweight champions right now...such as Ray Lewis and Simeon Rice"

Kellerman is a slithering snake. I listened to him this afternoon and he said the best athletes are in the NFL and NBA. Well, that isn't necessarily true. An athlete can excel at basketball or football and be average or horriblly bad in another sport. Kellerman's bottom line never varies. Blacks are better at everything.And yes, he once again said the heavyweight division is in a sad state because all the great athletes (read black) are playing basketball and football.

jcolec02 said:
you heard Max Kellerman's bitch ass say that "there are alot of american heavyweight champions right now...such as Ray Lewis and Simeon Rice"(gag!) but I guaruntee you that if anyone said that Dick Butkus would have been Heavyweight champion and would have beaten Ali in the 60's or 70's that they would be labeled racist and dumb!!!!
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif

Yeah, Kellerman is in dire need of a royal bitch-slapping. And, yeah, I'm sure Ray Lewis would be a REAL boxing champion...in prison. Kellerman is another one of these so-called boxing afficinados, who will conjure up every excuse on Earth, to explain the mysterious dissapearance of black heavyweight champions. The whole..."Oh, they're all in the NFL and NBA right now"...excuse, is really getting old.

Bart

Hall of Famer
If Kellerman keeps beating this drum, I may send him an e-mailremindinghim that blacks also excel at the hammer throw. Nah, that would be too mean.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Bart said:
jcolec02 said:
you heard Max Kellerman's bitch ass say that "there are alot of american heavyweight champions right now...such as Ray Lewis and Simeon Rice"

Kellerman is a slithering snake. I listened to him this afternoon and he said the best athletes are in the NFL and NBA. Well, that isn't necessarily true. An athlete can excel at basketball or football and be average or horriblly bad in another sport. Kellerman's bottom line never varies. Blacks are better at everything. And yes, he once again said the heavyweight division is in a sad state because all the great athletes (read black) are playing basketball and football.
Alonzo Highsmith was a stellar boxer.....
smiley36.gif
A great athlete in team sports isn't automatically a great boxer. Rocky Marciano couldn't make the minors in baseball and was too slow to play college ball in the 40's. Joe Frazier nearly drowned in the Superstars competition. They are two of the greatest champions ever.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I think Kellerman is right.. all the best boxers are playing other sports. They're all in the NHL.
smiley20.gif

White Shogun said:
I think Kellerman is right.. all the best boxers are playing other sports. They're all in the NHL.
smiley20.gif

Yeah, that may be true, but you'll never hear ESPN come out publically with that statement. Here's a list of guys from the NHL that I could see in a boxing ring:

Scott Parker (possibly, the toughest player)
Christof Oliwa
Boogaard, from the Minnesota Wild.
Colin White
Jody Shelley
Eric Boulton
Rob Ray
P.J. Stock (unfortunately, he just retired)
Tie Domi (trained as a boxer in the off season)
Tony Twist (retired, but he could really bang)
Sean Avery
Todd Fedoryk
Jesse Boulerice
Brian McGratton
Edited by: Ground Fighter