Whitest College Teams-2009

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I am done with the breakdown of the O-Lines! I'll put it with my breakdown of the linebackers.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Nice work Jack! Its a pretty startling difference between IL and LB.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Thank you Reb!
smiley4.gif
Here is an analysis of the QB position. Whites are dominating the non-whites in this one. Out of 71 teams, only 13 start a non-white QB. Even in the super caste SEC, white QBs are still dominant. It looks like coaches want guys that know how to throw the ball strongly and accuratly, and that can actually read defenses. I'll put this one with the other two.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Thank you TJR!
smiley1.gif

Here is another breakdown, this time for white WRs. I'll post it up with the other ones.

Yeah, I am also happy when thinking that this information and research we are putting on this site is helping to end white discrimination in sports. Edited by: Jack Lambert

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
You guys are awesome. I am already looking forward to the 2009 season and supporting non-racist, white-friendly teams.

Honestly, if it weren't for CF I might have stopped watching football by now.

White Power

Mentor
have we beaten last years totals or are we pretty close. This will make me happy if more whites are starting ansd playing then I'll at least think that the country hasn't gone to hell in a hand basket just quite yet.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I think we will beat last years total, but we aren't quite there yet. I'd prefer we use those teams that are half white (11 out of 22) as a bar for comparison, not 10 out of 22. A half white team is saying something these days, both in college and the NFL. Still it will be good if both half white and better teams, as well as 10 out of 22 teams see an increase this year.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Like I said, I think there will be, but its too early for me to say for sure and to what extent. Once we get all 120 teams finished, then we can say something. I think its nice to see an improvement from one year to the next, but lets not think this will be a trend. Last year, there was miniscule improvement over 2007, but that was after a 2 year decline. In other words, it might just be a small 2 year blip of an increase in the number of white starters. We won't know for two or three more years whether this is a trend. I try to remain cautiously optimistic about this and not read too much into it, one way or the other.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
We just tied last years totals, both for half white and up teams and 10 out of 22 teams. Really we have surpassed the total for half white and up teams because Western Kentucky will undoubtedly be half white or more by the time I finish their team.

Total of 11/22 or higher teams so far: 26
Total of 10/22 teams so far: 10

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Great job Jack. I notice you mentioned 23 non white starting qb's. Weren't half the starting qb's in college football black last year?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
60 non-white QBs in the 120 team FBS last year? Where did you come up with that?
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

White Power

Mentor
I am so happy that we are going to beat last years totals of white starters however I don't know if this trend will continue. One trend I know will continue unfortunaely is the number of whites who continue to have children with blacks and half blacks that number I'm afraid will continue to rise. I bring this point up because A 3/4 white person playing football and a skill position would lead me to want to include him in the white category. I don't know how others feel or if this is even a topic that should be brought up however the times they are a changing, but not for the better. Any way the topic will have to be approached on this foum at some point.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Thanks whiteathlete.
smiley1.gif

Yeah, I heard somewhere as well that there were around half of the teams starting black QBs. I remember reading it somewhere on here, I think. Unless I am imagining it. But still, looks like an improvement for white QBs this year though. I'd be willing to count a 3/4 white person as a white, they are over half. As long as they don't have any noticeable black features on them.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
In my honest opinion there shouldn't be any more than 10 percent black starting quarterbacks. There are just too many talented white kids at the quarterback position. O-lines should be almost completely white. Tight end should be almost completely white as well. The only position blacks could dominate is cornerback and that should be a 60-40 split.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
If someone wanted to check to see how many black QBs there were last year, it wouldn't be too difficult. Just do an advanced search in the college football forum for every team and write what you find down.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Here are the 31 teams I came up with that started a black QB for at least part of last year.

Miami (FL), Utah, Vanderbilt, West Virginia, Georgia Tech, Penn State, LSU (some of the year), Ohio State (some of the year), East Carolina, Ball State, Kansas State, Illinois, UNLV, New Mexico, Duke, Arizona, Maryland, Memphis, Baylor, NC State (some of the year), Virginia Tech, (most of the year), UTEP, UL Monroe, Iowa State, Middle Tennessee, Nevada, Western Kentucky, UAB, Ohio, Navy, and Air Force (part of the year, I think)

referendum

Mentor
There is such a deep pool of white QB talent out there that even if a team has a black QB one year, its not exactly a long term trend and once they are gone its a white player who takes over. Ball St, Kansas State, Utah and Vanderbilt are good examples of this

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Nice work, Jack!
smiley32.gif
I knew it was nowhere near 60. I don't know where whiteathlete33 read that on this site or who wrote it, but it is a gross exaggeration of the situation.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Colonel I remember several people mentioning that close to 50 percent of starting quarterbacks in college football are black. I even remember Don saying it at one time. I didn't think it was that high though.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
whiteathlete33 said:
Colonel I remember several people mentioning that close to 50 percent of starting quarterbacks in college football are black. I even remember Don saying it at one time. I didn't think it was that high though.

I did write that on several occasions, not as a declarative statement of factafter doing ateam-by-team rundown butmore reflecting my frustration at watching college games and seeing so many black (and usually lousy) QBs and no whites at the usual positions where they aren't recruited no matter how qualified. I do think every college program actively trys to recruit black quarterbacks and probably half or thereabouts do have a black QB that sees the field at least on occasion, just as many NFL teams now have black QBs as backups and would start them if they weren't so obviously not starting material.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
whiteathlete33 said:
<div></div>
<div>I did write that on several occasions, not as a declarative statement of factafter doing ateam-by-team rundown butmore reflecting my frustration at watching college games and seeing so many black (and usually lousy) QBs and no whites at the usual positions where they aren't recruited no matter how qualified. I do think every college program actively trys to recruit black quarterbacks and probably half or thereabouts do have a black QB that sees the field at least on occasion, just as many NFL teams now have black QBs as backups and would start them if they weren't so obviously not starting material. </div>

I agree, Don.