Whites with bones in their noses

Bart

Hall of Famer
Isaw a commercial that is so typical of media absurdity. A dorky -dad- trying to save money, takes his family on a trip to visit distant relatives. They wind up on in someungodly location with savage lookingwhite peoplewho live in huts, decorate their faces with paint and wear bones in their noses. Let's get real.We know there are groups of Blacks, Indians, Capos and Aborigines on this planet who still live like that, but of course, it can only be whites depicted negatively as uncivilized primitives.

cutty

Guru
yeah. and not to mention there we have another ad depicting a white man as a stupid emasculated bafoon.

Bart said:
I saw a commercial that is so typical of media absurdity. A dorky -dad- trying to save money, takes his family on a trip to visit distant relatives. They wind up on in some ungodly  location with savage looking white people who live in huts, decorate their faces with paint and wear bones in their noses.  Let's get real.  We know there are groups of Blacks, Indians, Capos and Aborigines on this planet who still live like that, but of course, it can only be whites depicted negatively as uncivilized primitives. 

Bart, I saw the same commercial today and I thought the exact same thing you did. I was like, "Hmmmm, who are these White people living in huts and shooting poison darts out of bamboo shoots?". Its amazing how Capital One went out of their way to make sure it was very clear they were using White actors to play jungle-people in their commercial. God forbid they actually use "realistic" looking people, but we wouldn't want to offend the nice Pigme tribe in Africa, now would we?

To make matters worse, the White father looked like more of a buffoon than usual in this commercial. He gets shot with a poison dart, and then gets carried off on a giant skewer for cooking. It never ends, I swear.
smiley5.gif

Hockaday

Guru
So a more authentic looking minority actor lost out on a acting gig because of PC considerations.

white tornado

Mentor
They were south american tribes men not whites, primitive blacks were not PC acecptable so they muddeld the theory of human migration.

Hockaday said:
So a more authentic looking minority actor lost out on a acting gig because of PC considerations.

Basically...yes. As crazy as it sounds, its true.