Whites starring inNFC Champ. game...

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Shogun, I never said exposure in the game would help their careers. The exposure of them having a good game in the Super Bowl would help (if only to a few people) highlight the lies that the Caste System is built on.

Sorry amigo, I was just busting on you a bit anyways. Your post didn't say career just 'help' but that's what I thought you meant - help them become stars or something like that. Get them more recognition.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
Colonel_Reb said:
Shogun, I never said exposure in the game would help their careers. The exposure of them having a good game in the Super Bowl would help (if only to a few people)highlight the lies that the Caste System is built on.

Sorry amigo, I was just busting on you a bit anyways. Your post didn't say career just 'help' but that's what I thought you meant - help them become stars or something like that. Get them more recognition.

No problem Shogun. I should have been more specific in my original post. I'll blame my lack of elucidation on the cold I'm suffering from.
smiley36.gif
Themain way in which I care about these men becoming stars is the impact they will have in fighting the Caste System. They do this largely by inspiring youngsters to play at these positions. They rarely fight the Caste System with their words, which doesn't make me think too much of them, but they do fight it with their actions (their level of play). That is why I support them and want them to be seen doing well at the highest levels of competition. It might not be the best way to look at it, but thats my $ .02.
smiley4.gif
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

SeaJim

Guru
Colonel_Reb said:
...I do hope that Kevin Curtis is utilized correctly next season, wherever he is.

Are Celek and Curtis free agents next year? I hope they stay with the Eagles.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
L. J. Smith should be the one looking for a new home next season. Curtis and Celek will both be back with Philly.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
L. J. Smith should be the one looking for a new home next season. Curtis and Celek will both be back with Philly.

I hope you are right Don. Personally, I can't see the Eagles getting rid of Curtis, even if he is white. I hope they will be a real combo to watch next year, but with McNabb, who knows.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Kudos to AZ offensive coordinator Todd Haley for giving it right back to Anquan Boldin after Boldin apparently started yelling at him on the sideline.

More on the unhappy camper.

[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Anquan -Boldin-even-less-valuable-than-previously?urn=nfl,135311 [/url]

Not content to just have a screaming match with the offensive coordinator on the sidelines (which landed him on our list of five least valuable people of Championship Sunday), Anquan Boldin carried his hissy-fit to the Arizona Cardinals postgame celebration, too.

While most of the other Cardinals were still on the field being showered in confetti and picking up their NFC Championship trophy, Boldin had already bolted out of the locker room. The behavior prompted CBS's Mike Freeman to call him a naughty word.
<BLOCKQUOTE>

He tried to ruin the Super Bowl celebration with his childishness.

In the game, Boldin got into a heated argument with offensive coordinator Todd Haley. After the game, instead of celebrating with his team, Boldin abruptly left the field, then abruptly left the locker room.

It was awful behavior.

[...] I have to say in nearly 20 years of doing this, I've never seen a player more concerned about his arguing with a coach over making a Super Bowl.</BLOCKQUOTE>

I just wonder if Boldin isn't costing himself some money here, too. He doesn't want to be a Cardinal anymore. I think he's made that pretty clear. But who's going to want to give a guy a huge contract when he's fighting with a coach when he should probably be happy about going to a Super Bowl?

Presumably, he's worried about his touches. Meanwhile, the team is going to the Super Bowl. Obviously, Boldin's placing a lot more importance on the former than the latter. Teams are on a character kick these days. It doesn't pay to be a selfish malcontent.

It's disappointing to see from Boldin. He showed such unbelievable selflessness and courage by coming back from a catastrophic injury earlier in the season. Maybe there's more to the story than I know, but looking at at it from the outside, I wouldn't have expected this from Boldin.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Boldin's a typical caste-pushed, self-important, arrogant, glory-hound primadonna. If the Cards had any stones, they'd bench him for the Superbowl!
smiley7.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Bouldin is just the latest of an endless parade of affletes who have been given spotless, selfless reputations by the media only to be unable to hide their actual character. For a great example, see the Marvin Harrison thread in the Colts forum.