White starters about the same as last year

referendum

Mentor
So, I did my annual count of white starters, and came up with about 179, virtually unchanged from a year ago.
Arizona, 3, all on offense
Atlanta 6, 5-1, the one defensive player I'm counting is Bierman
Baltimore 7, 4-3, counting Zbikowski as one of three defenders.
Buffalo 8, 5-3
Carolina 6, 4-2, not counting O-lineman Schwarz as starter as I believe its only temporary.
Chicago 3, 2-1, not counting Kreutz as white.
Cincinatti 4, of course Shipley should see lots of action, maybe Leonard.
Cleveland 7, 5-2.
Dallas 7, 5-2 counting Kosier and Columbo on o-line, not counting Gronkowski who may emerge as leading fullback.
Denver 6, 5-1.
Detroit 6, 4-2, not counting Scheffler who will see lots of action.
Green Bay 9, 7-2
Houston 7, 5-2, only counting two o-lineman, that number may go up, including Cody as white and counting Cushing of course.
Indianapolis, 6.5, counting Gonzalez and Collie as half a starter as they will be in quite a bit, at least one of them.
Jacksonville, 5, 3-2
K.C. 6, 4-2
Miami 6, all on offense.
Minnesota 6, 3-3
New England 8.5, 7.5-1, counting a half starter for either the two white tight ends and Edelman, one of whom should be on field alot.
New Orleans, 5, 4-1
New York Giants, 7, all on offense, am worried about this team as the bulk of their o-lineman and getting old and not many white backups.
New York Jets, 4, 3-1, am counting Sanchez as white, not counting Devito as starter on D-line though he should play alot.
Oakland 5, 4-1 counting Veldheer as third O-line starter, counting Scott as starter on D, though he might be moved to D-line again.
Not counting Luke Lawton as starting fullback, though this may change.
Phil, 4, 3-1
Pitt 4, 2-2, counting Roethlisberger as starter.
SD, 9, 6-3, not counting Vazquez as white.
SF 4, 3-1, disgusting Singeltary purge is kicking in.
Seattle 5, 4-1, O-line is still fluid here, but looks like two white starters on it.
St Louis 8, 5-3, Rams pulled this off with only one white on O-line, but I'm not sure how entrenched Bajema the tight end and Dahl the safety are. This is a weak 8, not as solid as Buffalo, S.D. or Pats, or Green Bay, of the high white starter teams.
Tampa Bay 2, 1-1,
Tennessee 4, 3-1, counting Babin as white.
Washington 3, 2-1, number could go up if Mcnabb gets injured or safety Doughty reclaims starting position.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the writeup referendum. I hope you don't mind me giving a little of my own thoughts:

It's almost like an unwritten law of the NFL, that a GM can bring a roster close to half white, but if he eclipses it by having 27 white men, he will get scorn from the media and have "worried" fans ala (Larry Bird's ALMOST half white Pacers)- and maybe even get a white favouritism charge. If the Packers hadn't been successful the last few years, Ted Thompson might have gotten a charge of "preferring" lighter skinned players- even though the Pack has been holding steady at about 3 under the half white mark in our 75% white country (In reality, he could be getting a black supremacist charge IMO).

We all know the positional slotting in the NFL, but it seems the M.O here for starting jobs- is that an NFL team can't go over 10 white starters or it could cause a stir and cause a firestorm of misinformation from Yahooligan White Rivals and others that the team lacked explosiveness and hip flexibility.

Apparently, the max defensive starters for ANY club in the league this year is a whooping 3. What a joke. I know Buffalo had 5 white defensive starters a couple years back and may have hit 6 for a game or two because of injury.