White runningbacks past and present

dwid

Hall of Famer
[video=youtube;ACQARTEo5Bo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACQARTEo5Bo[/video]

Something I just threw together. I had to leave out plenty of good footage, and missed a few players like Eeghan and Lincoln because their is a 15 minute time limit on youtube uploads. I was wondering if I should have made it a two piece thing but I don't have much time on my hands this semester.

hope you guys enjoy! I made it because I missed seeing Hillis dominate weekly, I got used to it.

edit: great, because its blocked in some places because of sound, including the United States, I had to do the stupid audio switch, I had a much better soundtrack for it. Oh well, I'll try to replace soundtrack with something better later.

Last edited:

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Wow, very nice! Hillis might be the best one out of all of them.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Great work, dwid! Really fun to watch!

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Thoroughly enjoyed it, dwid. Alstott had an uncanny ability to sidestep a tackler. The audio with the classical music is wonderful.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Nice to see some rare clips of Hokie Gajan in the video. I was probably watching him make those runs as they happened. I remember OJ Simpson, if I’m not mistaken, calling Hokie the best “other backâ€￾ in the league. In other words, as an alternative (FB) to the primary ball carrier Hokie was better than anyone else. I presume that’s what Simpson was trying to say. As usual, Simpson thought he was being magnanimous in his normal shmucky way.

At LSU Hokie had an opportunity to play tailback instead of being the “other backâ€￾. Not to be in the NFL. Jacob Hester, anyone? Here is a nice catch and run by Hokie from his days at LSU. Video should begin at the point where the particular play begins. First time trying this trick, hope it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE-D5QilGZQ#t=08m53s