White RBs 2009

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
NJfan, good post! You beat me to it by about 10 minutes. This seems to be happening to me a lot lately..oh well. I was just reading the article online when you posted this. I still read the Star Ledger online, even though I moved back to Ontario. Here's the first part of the article. Follow the link for the entire piece for copyright purposes.
Romain snubbed
<snip
Dillon Romain, passed over for Division 1 scholarship, hoping year at Blair Academy helps college dream come true
By Matthew Stanmyre/The Star-Ledger
October 14, 2009, 9:02PM
Dillon Romain Blair AcademyMitsu Yasukawa/The Star-LedgerDillon Romain, on the practice field at Blair Academy, says he doesn't know what happened when it came to being overlooked by D-1 college programs. GATORADE STATE PLAYERS OF THE YEAR: Where have they gone after high school?

Dillon Romain didn't feel like moving, so he spent an entire day in early February inside his parents' house in Vernon.

He didn't chat with friends on his cell phone. He didn't eat. He barely even spoke.

National signing day for high school seniors had come and gone, and Romain, the best football player on the best football team in New Jersey, did not have an NCAA Division 1-A scholarship offer.

A running back from Don Bosco Prep in Ramsey, Romain would be named Gatorade state player of the year, an honor that had gone to players such as the NFL's Chris Simms, Eugene Monroe and Greg Olsen. As high school players from across New Jersey and some of his teammates proudly wore sweatshirts from their destination schools after signing day, Romain went home and shuttered the blinds.

"He cried his eyes out,"Â said Romain's father, Joe. "He really did. He was crushed."Â

As Romain lay around the house, he imagined how he had been passed over. At every turn, he was stumped.

He had qualified academically for college with a 3.0 grade-point average and 1,410 on the SAT, Joe Romain said. He ran the 40-yard dash in a swift 4.46 seconds. He stood out for a nationally renowned program. He had been to countless camps and clinics, getting noticed by the right people.

"In this case he didn't do anything wrong,"Â said Chris Melvin, a New Jersey-based high school talent evaluator from Elite Recruits. "He just got overlooked for whatever reason. But I'm telling you: Dillon Romain is going to be a special back at the next level."Â

Romain emerged from his haze the following day. He had spent his entire life dreaming of playing for a major college program, and he decided he could wait one more year. He pulled up the website for Blair Academy, a post-graduate school he had heard about in Blairstown, and had his father make a phone call.

LACK OF DIVISION 1 OFFERS

Romain's most poignant memories from childhood came from Saturday afternoons, when he would plop in front of the television and watch college football the entire day. The bands, the crowds, the voice of the commentator â€" he knew immediately he wanted to play in that environment.

Romain seemed headed for Delbarton School, which contacted him about bringing his considerable lacrosse skills to the school, but he changed his mind and opted to go to Don Bosco, which boasted one of the top football programs in the country.

By Romain's sophomore season, the 5-11, 200-pounder was the starting running back for the nationally ranked team. It's rare that any player cracks the starting lineup so quickly at the school, but Don Bosco coach Greg Toal didn't hesitate.

"He had all the qualities you want,"Â Toal said. "He can block. He can run. He can catch. There's nothing he can't do well."Â

As a senior, Romain rushed for 1,436 yards and 26 touchdowns, leading Don Bosco to it's third straight Non-Public, Group 4 championship. He was named Gatorade player of the year, an honor that had gone to 10 straight players before him who went on to play in college for Bowl Championship Series conference teams. He was also the most valuable player of the New Jersey vs. the Northeast All-Star Classic, a game with Division 1-A players at nearly every position.

"Everyone told me I was going to get the offers," said Romain, who was recruited by Pittsburgh, Connecticut, Syracuse and Akron, among others. "Everyone told me, ‘They're going to come, they're going to come.' And when it got down to signing day, I didn't have any Division I offers. I don't know what happened."Â

Romain's only offers were from Wagner, Albany and Missouri State â€" Football Championship Subdivision (formerly Division 1-AA) teams. He said he was given a few reasons from college coaches as to why he didn't get a major offer: He played only running back in high school, and colleges felt more comfortable offering someone who played on both sides of the ball; his success stemmed more from the talent around him at Don Bosco, which included several Division 1-A players.

Others such as Melvin and Toal think a contributing factor could be that Romain is white and plays running back.

"Being a white running back is not the easiest thing,"Â Toal said. "There's stereotypes out there in this day and age."Â
snip>

What more do these recruiters want? He's the NJ state Gatorade player of the year and was very productive for the state's top H.S football team. The kid even runs a 4.46 40 yard dash. This kid should be calling a lawyer, if he does even close to as well as Lewis did at Blair. He may have a serious legal case because Lewis has done so well for Pitt that he is already ranked 13th at RB for the 2013 NFL draft. We all know Rivals will try to bury Dillon, but they can only do so much!

Edited: I accidentally put part of my own analysis in with the article. I oft rush to post before I'm ready b/c my internet locks up sometimes.
Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Rivals needs to be shut down. I look at their rankings in almost exclusively white states like Oregon and they still have all blacks as their top receivers and runningbacks.

Riddlewire

Master
ToughJ.Riggins said:
What more do these recruiters want? He's the NJ state Gatorade player of the year and was very productive for the state's top H.S football team. The kid even runs a 4.46 40 yard dash. This kid should be calling a lawyer, if he does even close to as well as Lewis did at Blair. He may have a serious legal case because Lewis has done so well for Pitt that he is already ranked 13th at RB for the 2013 NFL draft. We all know Rivals will try to bury Dillon, but they can only do so much!

I have no idea who he would sue. That's the insidious nature of the recruiting process. There's no actual "application process" for a football scholarship. As long as a kid is accepted to a school, the school can always say he wasn't discriminated against. I just read an article about an Asian kid who sued Princeton because he was denied admission, even though his test scores were better than most/all of their black students (I wasn't interested enough to read how it turned out, but I doubt he was successful). Maybe a class action lawsuit could be filed against the NCAA on behalf of all highly performing white runningbacks. Because it certainly seems like collusion on behalf of all member insitutions.
We have plenty of evidence documented on this site. Cory McCaffrey and Zach Barket were both Gatorade Player of the Year Award winners, with Barket being the second greatest high school runningback of all time, statistically. Neither of them received a D1A scholarship. If production isn't enough, we have plenty of examples of performance abilities. Lots of Runningbacks on this site have run in the 4.3 range, with Hunter Furr claiming a high 4.2 (as well as a state and regional championship in the 100M against all black competition).
Dillon never had a chance.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I'm posting this in the "White RB" thread to show how strong the discrimination that we're up against is. JC found a HOF example of EVIL Rivals propping up a joke Afrolete. I posted my own statistical analysis at the end.

Jimmy Chitwood said:
the Razorbacks are giving a scholarship to yet another fatass turd.
<div> </div>
<div>Jatashun Beachum (that's not a typo, it's really his name) has committed to play for the Hogs. this 6-2, 300-pound tub o' lard is listed as being a svelte 275-pounds and running a 4.6 forty by Rivals.
smiley36.gif
</div>
<div> </div>
<div>even the sold-their-soul-to-the-Razorback-athletics-program local fish wrap wouldn't post lies that big, as they reported a still fictitious (but less so) 280 and 4.75.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>what's the big deal, right? well, the Razorbacks have said they see him as a potential ... tailback. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>
616132.jpg
</div>
<div>Beachum stretching the fat before a game.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>
1250646666.jpg
</div>
<div>"tailback" prospect Beachum looking soopa affletic and phenomenally conditioned</div>

Wow, this is outrageous JC! This post, JaFARCEus Hustle still starting and Peyton Hillis being demoted to 4th string after playing like a Pro Bowler in the NFL- are sure fire proof of a caste system. Oh, add to that 55% of Rivals top 20 QBs being black and 99% of their top 100 WRs. The hate on whites by these EVIL people at Rivals has reached an all time high.

This is an organization that also ranked "tailback" Brad Rogers one slot behind Mike Trumpy (as I reported last year) and had Iowa DWFs all excited about him as a tailback, but your example is even worse! Rogers ran for about a third of the yards Brandon Wegher ran for (in his senior year) in his ENTIRE H.S career. Rogers ran for a paltry 5 YPC for H.S football for his career and runs a 4.65 40 yard dash (might be inflated) with a 4.5 short shuttle giving him a bad agility difference as well. Rogers highlights are unimpressive to boot, but some Iowa DWFs on Scout.com were saying in the summer in a Wegher thread.
"whose to say Brad Rogers won't be the future starting tailback for Iowa?"
I didn't think it could get more ridiculous than that, but it has!

Your report of Jatashun Beachum(ed) Whale is NUTS. He's a H.S QB who ran for a mere 246 yards on 3.4 YPC and completed only 44% of his passes for 535 yards with 3 TDs and 2 INTs. It says on his Rivals profile,
"The Hogs just offered a 300-pounder with 4.65 speed (yeah, lol, like 4.9 realistically) who plays quarterback in high school but projects to tailback if he goes to Arkansas."

This kid's never even been a true tailback before and plainly sucks, yet this guy is ranked almost as high as Sam McGuffie was in 2008 and Brandon Wegher and Rex Burkhead were last year! It says this FATSO projects to "TAILBACK" at Arkansas. He's ranked higher than Brandon Bourbon (Rivals top white tailback) by rating this year and 29 spots ahead of Rivals top white "athlete" Channing Fugate (ranked 59th), that "might" actually get to play some tailback.

Oh yeah, Fugate ran for more than 12 times more yards than Beachum did last year on 10.9 YPC compared to 3.4 for Jatashun the Beachumed Whale, who's a horrible option QB, not a tailback! Are people really this nuts and is Rivals really LAWSUIT proof? It should be easy for white high school athletes to sue them for slander and lost income when it's this obvious! America has either entered the "Twilight Zone" or people are really MUCH stupider than I thought if they can't see through this garbage...Rant Finished!
smiley7.gif
Wake up idiot DWFs! Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
For those of you who might not remember What's Happening, Rerun is Fred Berry, the fat boy.

[TUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpBhrjfetkk[/TUBE]

backrow

Hall of Famer
still no sign of John Goebel, i thought he was suppose to come back this week? i guess he's not fully recovered.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
SuperSpeed23 said:
Why would ANYONE want some 300 pound kid to play RB even if he is black. Ill bet my grandma runs a faster 40 then him.

LOL. Ol' ReRun and his el fake-o 40 y/d times...has the DWFs sniffing his smelly jock!

kre08

Guru
Brandon Wegher is having a tough go of it today to say the least. He's been hit in the backfield on virtually every run he's had and he's been unable to break tackles. Hopefully things will start looking up for this extremely talented true freshman in the coming weeks. Luckily the coach seems to have a lot of faith in his abilities, which is far from a given in many white running back case studies.

backrow

Hall of Famer
wow, 11 runs for 1 yard is a disaster... the other Iowa's RB had 90 yards with 4-6 average, so yeah, they could run. i didn't see the game but still, looks like he might not see many more runs this season.

dwid

Hall of Famer
I dont know, from what I saw of the game, every time he had carry there were several people that were in the backfield ready to tackle him. For some reason the oline seemed to be run blocking better for the other backs. I could be wrong though, I only was glancing at it from time to time.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Great game by L.Lippincott of Nevada. He only carried it 8 times but had 104 yards rushing. Does anyone know what happened. Nevada barely won and the other running back got the majority of the running opportunities. Maybe he got hurt? I hope not.

Kansas is starting right now. Jake Sharp will be playing. Gerhart is only 20 minutes away. Two great games to watch two of the best running backs in the nation!

Riddlewire

Master
I didn't see the game, but Mitchell Evans led Indiana in rushing today.
9 carries 84 yards.
Mitchell is a WR, but that's a lot of backwards passes or reverses. So I'm going to assume he got at least some of them from the RB position.
He also had 3 catches for 17 yards.
Indiana beat caste team Illinois 27-14.

Riddlewire said:
I didn't see the game, but Mitchell Evans led Indiana in rushing today.
9 carries 84 yards.
Mitchell is a WR, but that's a lot of backwards passes or reverses. So I'm going to assume he got at least some of them from the RB position.
He also had 3 catches for 17 yards.
Indiana beat caste team Illinois 27-14.
Zooker should be fired by Monday.

"Great game by L.Lippincott of Nevada. He only carried it 8 times but had 104 yards rushing. Does anyone know what happened. Nevada barely won and the other running back got the majority of the running opportunities. Maybe he got hurt? I hope not."

White Lightning, I saw parts of that game today. Colin Kaepernick was really off on the passes today. I don't know what UNR was trying to prove with all the passes, unless they are trying to pad Kaepernicks' stats. He missed a good big bunch of them allowing Utah State to stay in the game. Nevada finally started feeding the rock to Lippincott, Vai and Tuau or whatever that guys name is. Luke L had 13 yards per carry and two touchdowns. The polynesian had 21 carries and 147 yards.

newguy

Guru
I have no inside information, but it appeared to me from the game prior to tonight that was televised, that Vai will be the main guy for Nevada and Lippincott will be the second guy.

Is it me or does it seem in addition to the racial discrimination white rb's face in trying to make it to the NFL there is almost a devine power lined up against it? Listed below are some running backs that may have had NFL potential or at the very list opened up the eyes of some of those in the media and the DWF'S, but had gotten injured.

Kyle Bell - After watching him one game his sophmore year I thought I would be seeing plaly on Sundays. Injured in practice in JR. year never was the same player again.

Hawkins from Vanderbelt - This was supposed to be the year he would be the man. Has been injured thus far all throughout his senior year.

Jake Sharp - Same as above. Whatever chances he had to get drafted by an NFL team are quickly evaporating. He is not going to be able to compile the states to impress due to the number of games he missed. The NFL will already have its excuse for not drafting him even if he gets an invite to the combines and does well "injury prone".

Luke Lipincott - I know he is playing this year, but the injury at the start of his senor year caused him to lose his starting role, and he is somewhat the secondary guy this year.

I was really looking forward this year to the white running backs making some noise this year, and I must say other then Martinek from Rutgers and Toby from standford its been a pretty disappointing year thus far.

If everything fell right in the scenario I am going to list below I think things could having started changing for the white running back:

1. Kyle Bell has a strong junior and senior year for Colorado State

2. The kid from airforce a couple of years ago is started as a running back from the first game of his senior year and leads the nation in rushing.

3. Luke Lippincott does not get injured in his senior year and has the same monster year that he had before.

The following scenario had happened this year:

1. Jake Sharp doesn't get hurt (in practice no less "iks") and has the monster year he was on pace for.

2. Hawkins from Vanderbelt - Doesn't get hurt and has a monster year like he had the potential to have.

3. Sam M. - Somehow worked it out at Michigan and is now the clear starting in his second year and is among the top running backs.

4. Toby G. and Joe Martinek have the years they are having.

5. Derrick Lawson - Continues to impress and pushes the other guy from the starting position. Don't know why after an outstanding frshman year he is now regulated to token handoffs this year. It just doesn't make sense.

I think if the scenario above had happened you might have seen some changes in college recruiting of white running backs.

dwid

Hall of Famer
theres no devine power, only racial discrimination. Players get injured all the time, its part of the game. When you are relying on around 7 or 8 players out of 120 teams that use multiple backs, there is a good chance that some of those will get injured (considering Whites tend to play through pain a little more probably leading to more serious injuries in the long run[I mean I have seen plenty of White players limp off the field only to play later in the game, this happened to Gerhart and Blair White last night], and Whites are more likely to take cheap shots) which leaves us with even fewer.

In my opinion the 2 that had the biggest shot of overcoming the caste system at the next level next year were Toby Gerhart and Jake Sharp. With Jake Sharp injured the ones who dont want to see White runningbacks are very happy, because Sharp had elite 4.3 speed, and a little bit of power, wasn't undersized, it would have been very hard to dismiss him if he didnt have his injury this season. So that leaves us 1 out of 2 to put our hopes on next year.

Martinek is a junior, and McGuffie has plenty of years ahead, as well as Wegher.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
UGA FB Fred Munzenmaier had 2 carries for 10 yards and a TD
smiley1.gif
(+ 3 receptions for 21 yards). Glad to see "afflete" leaning (UGA OC) Bobo using his powerful FBs. UGA FB Shaun Chapas DNP (injury), but has great hands & agility.

newguy

Guru
dwid

Have to disagree with you on the "devine power" take a look at the list of running backs I mentioned. I am fully aware that backs can and will get injured, but I would argue with you for the most part on my list those backs couldn't have been injured at any more of a inappropiate time in their careers, thier senior year.

dwid

Hall of Famer
I dont understand what you arguing... a "devine power" who are you talking about? God? Luke Lipincott was injured last year I believe, and lost his job last year to that other guy, if the situation was reversed and Luke was not a White guy, he would be the main back again this year. My main point is, when you only have 8 guys out of 100's you will notice the injuries, because there are so few, and we can't afford to lose any to injury. Sharp, Gerhart, Hawkins and Lipincott. Really 4 guys that are seniors who were featured backs, Hawkins really wasn't too much of a featured back last year, got carries here and there. Luke is playing this year and putting up decent stats. So you have 4 seniors, 2 who are playing. It is very unfortunate Sharp had an injury but I dont think it is some "devine power" I wish there was a way to get Sharp a medical redshirt for this year. Like I said, i think White backs are more likley to play through pain leading to a more serious injury. They cant afford to take a game off due to injury or they will be replaced by an afflete. Usually when a black back is injured he can sit out a game or two and not lose his job. Usually they can go most of the week not even practicing if they have minor injuries like a strain.

Then look at a wide receiver like Andy Brodell who had a hamstring strain, played on it for an entire year, Green Bay Packers were going to sign him to the practice squad but he couldnt even pass a physical, and Iowa let this guy play the entire year, it makes me wonder what type of injuries other White players play with.

Also, look at the way White players play, they usually dont avoid contact, alot of black players will run out of bounds instead of trying to gain extra yards, thats what happened to Dicky Lyons jr last year, reason why he suffered that injury.

I mean i can think of hyped up black players like Percy Harvin and Beanie Wells that had multiple injuries, didnt hurt their draft status or their starting role, but they missed games and were limited in practices.

Plenty of black players get handed the starting role no matter what early in college, declare early for the nfl and wind up getting injured in the pros. Laurence Maroney hasn't played a full season, if he were White he would be out of the league.

Edited by: dwid

NJfan

Martinek is a junior, and McGuffie has plenty of years ahead, as well as Wegher.

Fortunately, Martinek is a redshirt soph.