White RBs 2009

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Apparently Scott Concannon's black H.S coach gets what's going on. What a candid guy, to speak the truth and how the caste system hurts both blacks like him and whites. It looks like Scott's black H.S coach knew how good he is and did a great job of advocating for him for the next level as well.
smiley32.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Damn I got beat again...why does this always happen. Honestly it's happened about 3 times in a row to me. By 3 minutes backrow, lol. I did a Topix search for Arby Fields to find out if he's still starting- and found the article. From now on I'm just going to post part of an article immediately instead of quoting it and posting a link and commenting on it, b/c I keep getting beat by a mere few minutes.
Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

G

That this was published in the anti-white Chicago Trib is a miracle in itself. Once an awhile one of the sports guys will allude to white high schoolers being overlooked by the caste clowns in college, but never so explicit as this.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
There was a black writer named Taylor Bell, that worked for the Chicago Sun Times, who has written at least 3 articles that I found that were as explicit as this article. He had an article with quotes from, now H.S coach, Don Bebee, who stated that a recruiter had the nerve to come right out and ask if his tailback (Matt Russell) was black or white when he was trying to gain interest over the phone for him.

There was another article by Bell on small, but speedy white tailback Ryan Clifford- who he made the point was also snubbed b/c of his race. If anyone wants these articles I still have them and I can send them to you via PM.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
There is some good news in all this, in that Scott Concannon will be back next year- with a chance to start all season! He's only a Junior!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Its nice to see someone print a statement like that from Scott's high school coach. I wish Scott the best tomorrow! I'm planning to watch that game online, along with the Iowa game of course. BYU and Stanford are both off tomorrow.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
backrow said:
"He said 'NAIA,' " Ofodile recalled. "Another coach told me that if he tried to sign a white, red-headed kid from central Missouri as a tailback, he would get laughed out of the meeting room. That's offensive to me because if he's not athletic because he's white, then I'm not intelligent because I'm black."

That's a great line (and an excellent article). White athletes are constantly demeaned as "not athletic, but. . ." That's no different than black QBs being downgraded and described over and over again as "notvery smart, but. . ."

G

No thanks Riggo, those kinds of articles could be photocpied from one another its an age old story.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Hats off to coach Ofodile for admitting the vile caste treatment of his (stud) player Concannon. It's good to hear a coach speaking to the caste system...and refreshing surpising to hear a black coach making such honest statements! I hope Concannon tears it up tomorrow!
smiley1.gif

Edited by: DixieDestroyer

kre08

Guru
Sometimes it seems like we need to make an off-shoot of Caste Football call Caste Journalism lol. It seems like every time we come across a pro white athlete article it's been written by a black guy. Now I certainly do applaud these black journalist's honesty, but it seems like to me for every black journalist that notices the under-representation of whites in pro sports there must be 10 white journalist who notice the same trend. Of course a white journalists would be berated beyond belief for alluding to these facts in any way shape or form. Edited by: kre08

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Teddy Greenstein isn't black, he's white and probably Jewish. But I hear you on blacks being "brazen" enough to speak out against the caste system thing. It seems to me, blacks either want to fight the caste system, or are all for it and there's very few on the fence. It probably has to do with whether true equality or dislike of whites is what drives them. Whichever side they're on, they won't get heat for it as a black man when it comes to race issues, so they can push their agenda on this issue.

Taylor Bell (black) was a great sports writer for the Chicago Sun Times and I saw a great article on Woodhead by a black writer. Black coaches like this Ofodile guy, coach Dungy and coach Fred Jackson of Michigan have been better to white skill players than most coaches. But for everyone of these coaches I can name guys like Hatie Smith, Dennis Green or analyst Marshall Faulk.

White Power

Mentor
Cocannon's team mates have given him the nick name of Scott Cutcannon. Which would lead me to believe he must be very ripped. I hope he gains over a 100 yards today and Joe Pa and his black Quota back lose very badly.

newguy

Guru
"He said 'NAIA,' " Ofodile recalled. "Another coach told me that if he tried to sign a white, red-headed kid from central Missouri as a tailback, he would get laughed out of the meeting room. That's offensive to me because if he's not athletic because he's white, then I'm not intelligent because I'm black."

Could you imagine how this story would be treated, if instead of a white running back, the kid was a black, and was a quaterback (let's pretend black quarterbacks weren't getting recruited by colleges to play quaterback). The MSM would have put so much pressure on the coach that said he would be laughed at if he recruited a "black quaterback", that he would have to resign and would be branded a "racist". The MSM would investigate and interview past and present football recruites to find if racial sterotyping influences the decision to recruit black quarterbacks and would make sure colleges but an end to it.

However, with whites they accept the racial sterotyping, even with stories like this, and have no desire to investigate to find out if skin color influences the recruiting process at running back.

I believe the reason for this is the whites in the MSM are basically cowards and sheep. The other reason for this is that if the kid were black, black people would march on the campuses of the colleges that promote the sterotypes and would embarass them.

On the other end, with this story about a white kid, there will be no outrage by whites, and it will for the most part be ignored. It is amazing to me how complacent we are as a people when racism happens to our own people.

G

Blacks have every right to racial loyalty and what goes with it, I never begrudge them that. Its the white gelded sniffers that receive the brunt of my animosity.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Robbie Frey with a 100 yard kick return. Man did he look agile and fast! He doesn't get many carries, but he is over 10 YPC this year in limited action. Simply put, Connecticut needs to play this guy alongside Todman at TAILBACK next year when Dixon graduates. Frey's a phenom!

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Here are Frey's rushing stats on the year. He has only 5 carries with a long of 54 yards and 2 TDs for 69 yards on 13.8 YPC. It happened to be against Rhode Island, but still, I can tell from having watched this guy's H.S tape and seeing him a few times in college that he has the potential to be a STAR tailback. I think he'd be a high 5 YPC or low 6 YPC guy in the Big East for his career! By comparison Todman had a 4.7 YPC average against RI and Dixon had a 5.8 YPC average.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
Thanks, though I only really know boxing good.

Yeah, I've learned a lot about boxing from you and the other guys in that forum. It's amazing how well whites are doing in boxing and MMA, when we were stereotyped as "weak fighters" for so long. The caste system is completely illogical. Now that Euros (lots of Eastern Euros in boxing), who aren't brainwashed by the caste system, have been dominating- even American whites have new found confidence!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
ToughJ the only white American champ right now is Kelly Pavlik.  I think that is pretty sad.  Fighters like Tomasz Adamek, Kessler, Joe Calzaghe, and the Klitschko's have changed boxing.  Every single belt from middleweight up could be held by white fighters at this point.  Guillermo Jones refuses to fight Adamek.  Chad Dawson is a fluke who would be destroyed by Calzaghe.  Also once the Klitshcko's retire I am sure Povetkin will take over the division. He won't be as dominate as Wlad and Vitali but he will succeed.

The hype of black heavyweights at this point is ridiculous.  Eddie Chambers is nothing more than a quick midget in the heavyweight division. Vitali now has to face Kevin Johnson which is ridiculous.  I am praying Valuev wins against Haye because I don't want a racist prick holding a title. 
Edited by: whiteathlete33

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Pavlik is damn good. It's too bad he lost to Hopkins, he did have a size disadvantage though. At least Joe Calzaghe beat Hopkins. I think there will be more American champs soon. The top white American boxers can clearly see now that they can be as good or better than the top black Americans. It's too bad the American media is so full of lies.